How Much Is Income Of A Bank Worker In Thailand?

Starting salary is between 15k (retail branch clerk) and 50k (investment bank analyst).

Obviously this increases over time, if and when the employee moves up the pay scale.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

my friends wife has worked in a bank for the past 10 years, first 8 years on a rolling one year contract plus had to take a exam each year to get the next one year contract...last 2 years passed more exams and is now full time...now she deals with running the bank, own office etc....not forgetting the 100s of extra hours she has done over the years plus the weekends away attending bank meetings plus the annual sports days which shes hasnt been paid a single baht..her current wage is 13,000 bht a month............she currently spends more on petrol and make-up getting to and from work and looking smart than her 13,000 bht a month wage........good job shes married to my friend a good lad from sunny blackpool..............

my friends wife has worked in a bank for the past 10 years, first 8 years on a rolling one year contract plus had to take a exam each year to get the next one year contract...last 2 years passed more exams and is now full time...now she deals with running the bank, own office etc....not forgetting the 100s of extra hours she has done over the years plus the weekends away attending bank meetings plus the annual sports days which shes hasnt been paid a single baht..her current wage is 13,000 bht a month............she currently spends more on petrol and make-up getting to and from work and looking smart than her 13,000 bht a month wage........good job shes married to my friend a good lad from sunny blackpool..............

If she is running the bank and her salary is 13 k baht then she probably carries a broom while running. Your figures are 15 years old.

They start at 10000 - 15000 depending on the bank and the branch locations and Go up annually

Those who do counter sales of investment products get a commission and if they sell tons of insurance and mutual funds they get about 35,000 - 50,000 a month again slightly more if u are working in Bangkok or any of the touristy cities as they get more business volumes

Managers of the branch make abt 100,000 a month before commissions which normally adds up another 30-50k depending on how busy the branch is

Reading that, it sounds to me like she is suffering from a very serious gambling addiction.

If he ever takes her to Blackpool, I recommend he keeps her away from the slot machines.

If she is running the bank and her salary is 13 k baht then she probably carries a broom while running. Your figures are 15 years old.

Sounds a very low salary to me for someone with 8 years+ experience. I suspect she's exaggerating on her importance.

I had someone with similar number of years experience working for me in a Finance department and her basic salary was over THB 100k a month. That excludes annual bonus, provident fund etc

:)

As someone mentioned above, that will depend on what department they work in, and which bank. I'd be surprised to see a new graduate in a decent bank working for much less than THB 15k. Top earners are likely to be traders in a global markets function, with admin clerks and tellers probably at the lower end.

Yes like any other business salaries go up over time. Senior management in a support function at C-Level or SEVP level, for example could be on over THB 500k a monthly cash basis (salary + car allowance + provident fund) excluding other things like bonuses, share options etc. Some of the very senior traders/ investment bankers will be pulling in significantly more if you look at successful bonuses based on revenues and profits they generate divided by 12.

:)