17,4" Notebooks,with Ivy Bridge?and Dell Waranty Worldide Or Not?

Sandman77

Hello!

before i come,to thailand,i want buy a new notebook,sold my sony core i7,

was one and have year old!

in thailand,and also in malaysias biggest shopping wall,i dont see 17.4 or 18,4 notebooks,i think the not produced for asian market?

someone told me,dell have worldwide warrenty?

but on google i read,this not valid for thailand,can someone confirm this?

so i will buy the notebook here in the eu,with older core i 3 18,4 "

from asus costs 700€ on amazon!

but,i think better is to buy the new ivy bridge,then on my core i 7 sony notebook before,it takes so much power that the battery running time was only 2h aprox!

so what ivy bridge cpu are avalible?

and how much coasts them in thailand,comparing to eu?

i not recogneized,that notebooks,in same cpu class and screensize in thailand cheaper!

what ivy bridge takes the lowest power voltage for long battery life?

when dell warrenty is also valid in thailand,then i think its the best deal,only this company have a technican,for repair or replace in case of fault directly at your home!

another questions,one time i read,that notebooks with the name subnotebook,for bisness sector using special material,that inside components cannot be affected from aircondition or sea salt ,but i dont know what modells,use this kind of special material?

also the direct sunlight is a problem,sitting only 10 minutes at 35 degree i got display problems on the sony notebook that disapeard after 3 days!

Probably if your dell laptop fail (and depending of the hardware affected) you must send it outside thailand, maybe Hong Kong or US.

In my experience, I tried to get a new battery and a charger from the dell office in Thailand, I call them and we get a long conversation on emails about the battery and the charger that I was looking, they never answer if they have it or not, and in all the emails they try to sell me a new computer!! :/

I bought a new dell laptop here in Chiang Mai in the IT city, having a dell office in the same shopping mall, the prices in IT city were cheap more that in the dell shop, the reason was the laptop in IT city come from Malasya, where the dell office is a quite bigger, having 17'' models, gamer (alienware) or high end laptops, so probably the sellings are better reducing the prices too.