Bar Budda

GU22

Looks GOOD.....dinna really ken if it ma sort of hangout..... :o

Only make the odd visit over the wall every couple of years or so but its nice to see that things are really buzzing in the old "dear green place"

Tend to go fur a "swally"doon Drury to the old Horse shoe bar ....assuming its still there.....but maybe next time I will check out this one.....

Budda Bar and Restaurant - Review bar - restaurant Modern and European

Budda is one of those cult Glasgow bars that has become one of the most popular bars in Glasgow despite not shouting from the rooftops and hiring out acres of advertising space. Recently revamped Budda is now better and more exciting than ever before. With the tried and tested

bar/restaurant/club theme, Budda has something for everyone, be it dancing, drinking or eating.

With a décor which stretches the length and breadth of the Eastern world the Vincent Street venue is comfortable, warm and has something to hold your eye, from cute Moroccan lamps to Malaysian style carvings and huge Thai golden Buddhas. The bar is lined with comfortable seating so that you can sit back and enjoy cocktails, beers and great wines with friends.

If you need to fill a hole you can grab a quick bite in the bar, where there’s a short and tasty menu including burgers, fajitas and sandwiches or head upstairs for an Eastern themed tapas menu, complete with tempura oysters, seaweed salad and tiger prawns. Take friends, order a selection of plates, vodka by the bottle and get ready for the long haul – Budda is open and playing great music to 3am, and if you’ve already grabbed a seat before 11pm you won’t have to pay to stay on and strut your stuff on the small dance floor making this a great choice for a Friday all nighter.

Budda

8 Creswell Lane

Glasgow G12 8AA

Could twin the toon wi Chiang Mai and really start something.... :D

Couple more if you are in the area>>>>

140 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow City Centre

Ha Ha Bar...

Ha! Ha! serves beers, wines, spirits and cocktails as well as a selection of light snacks. They also have a DJ playing a host of tunes.

Vacouver Muffin Co[Cafes, Snack Shops & Tea Rooms]

73 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow City Centre

Vancouver Muffin Co serve muffins, snacks and drinks to eat in and takeaway.

King Tuts Wah Wah Hut[Public Houses & Inns]

272A St. Vincent Street, Glasgow City Centre

One of Glasgow's most famous music venues, King Tuts Wah Wah Hut hosts live indie, rock and alternative music throughout the week. T...

All Bar One[bars]

62-72 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow City Centre

All Bar One is a bar with high ceilings, airy, spacious atmospheres, varnished wood and friendly bar staff. They are especially popu... ...(pulling places)

Caffe Nero[Cafes, Snack Shops & Tea Rooms]

57-61 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow City Centre

Caffe Nero serves a wide selection of Italian coffees and other drinks, as well as sandwiches, pizzas, calzones and delicious cakes.

The Drum & Monkey..(used to be a Bank)

93 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow City Centre

Open for coffee and bacon rolls from 10am, The Drum & Monkey serve beers, wines and spirits as well as a selection of snacks. They p...

Failte

79 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow City Centre

Failte is an Irish-themed pub serving a range of bar meals. They have a TV for sporting events, and host live Irish folk from Thursd...

78 St Vincents

78 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow City Centre

78 St Vincent serve a range of modern Scottish cuisine with French influences, including seafood, game and vegetarian dishes, in a c... :D

Just look at the present hooha over a cartoon about the prophet Mohamed.

Any religious reference should be avoided.

Just look at the present hooha over a cartoon about the prophet Mohamed.

Any religious reference should be avoided.

I think it would be hilarious to see what would happen if I tried to open up a restaurant called "The Last Supper" where everyone sat at huge buffet-style tables, drank out of grails, and all the waiters dressed like apostles. Jesus would come over halfway through your meal and ask how everything was

After too much quaffing from grails the diners would probably end up legless...

went to the buddah bar newly opened in belfast...its ok....not my type of place...

the food is shit...about as authentic thai as fish and chios....plus the cor feels more like a mexican villa....

ive no probs with buddah stautes but when they start making logos out of it...and promting it as a brand name..it is disrespectful......

bit like calling it a jesus bar...and having jesus as a logo....bit sick really...but hey when theres money involved religion and respect play second fiddle....

yeh it is the chinese version of buddah....but inside the bar is filled with thia style buddah statues and japanese version as well.....

but isnt buddah, buddah? ...there is only one...as far as im aware...

but just look at how muslims react when a non threatening cartoon of allah is published in a newspaper....overeaction or what?

muslims are so sensitive....they have the same attitude as 12th century christian crusaders...IMO

but isnt buddah, buddah? ...there is only one...as far as im aware...

In Theravada Buddhism (i.e. in Sri Lanka, Burma and Thailand), Buddha images are only of Sakyamuni, the historical Buddha. In Japan and China, there are other "mythical" Buddhas, and the images most often seen are of Amitabah Buddha (a.k.a. Amida or Amituofo). In Japan there are also many images of Yakushi (the healing Buddha) and Dainichi (the cosmic Buddha). The one in the Bar Budda looks like a Chinese Amitabah to me.

but just look at how muslims react when a non threatening cartoon of allah is published in a newspaper....overeaction or what?

muslims are so sensitive....they have the same attitude as 12th century christian crusaders...IMO

But Islam doesn't allow any images of Allah at all, even in mosques.

but the cartoons are published in a non muslim country..ie denmark...

i really dont see the big deal....muslims are very sensitive to a cartoon...but when it comes to muslim extremists on suicidal bomb missions murdering innocent people...there is a deafing silence from the muslim community...IMO...hypocritical

but the cartoons are published in a non muslim country..ie denmark...

i really dont see the big deal....muslims are very sensitive to a cartoon...but when it comes to muslim extremists on suicidal bomb missions murdering innocent people...there is a deafing silence from the muslim community...IMO...hypocritical

It's against the religion to protray any images of God or Mohammed. That is why all Islamic art is organic, mathematical patterns, or calligraphy. Killing is something that can be justified through scripture, so another story.

glad u all dont live here in jerusalem with our t shirts etc with god, jesus, et al on them; god jokes, etc... plus all the jerusalem holy land kitch we sell (not me , the city stores) plus all the hawkers and vendors with all the junk they sell....

tere will be those that take offense, and those that dont....buddhism=dont look/judge about others, take care of(develop) yourself... and live and let live more or less.... the rest is just about loosing face etc... after all, japanese zen koans have very wierd versions of what i would call 'jokes' involving buddha, etc (cant remember examples but they are there)....

Personally I feel that using the Buddha image in this way is insulting to Buddhists, and wonder what the reaction would be if they tried something similar with Christian or Islamic imagery.

They could say that they were celebrating Bhudda and that the name was a tribute, nobody could argure that. As for a Christian or Islamic bar I can't see it, they are not associated witrh cool in the same way Bhuddas are. :o

I think given the news of the past week, firstly the defeat of the UK Government's Bill that would have protected relgions from ridicule and secondly the behaviour of some Muslims over a cartoon then any email or letter from a Farang complaining about the use of the Buddha image as a pub marketting tool is going to filed in the Bin.

Attitudes in the UK and Europe are changing, respect is at last being seen as a two way street and should start with respecting the law.

As for the actual case.

Buddhism in Thailand has a lot more problems to deal with before it needs to get involved with what goes on at the other side of the world.

Personally I feel that using the Buddha image in this way is insulting to Buddhists, and wonder what the reaction would be if they tried something similar with Christian or Islamic imagery.

They could say that they were celebrating Bhudda and that the name was a tribute, nobody could argure that.

"celebrating" Buddhism??? :D ... paying "tribute" by naming a bar after Buddha? :D

CONGRATULATIONS!

:o Daft post of the day!

:D

Edited by sriracha john

Hey, Sriracha John long time no see

interesting subj, buddha - bar

Yeah, surely... lets look from different point of view. buddism propogates reincarnations, which is very close to alcoholism

1. A bit of booze - feels like an eagle

2. A bit more - like a lion

3. Pretty much - became a bear

4. Big time boozzo - oinky piggy

5. Over doze - "nirvana - comatoza"

Thus calling bar such name gives subliminal message of consequences, right?