Roku Streaming Box

Hog Head

Anyone using one for TV here in Thailand?

Seems easy enough to use a proxy for sign up and a virtual Visa card if a Thai Paypal will not suffice.

They claim a bandwidth requirement of only 1.2 Mbps which seems low and even my crappy ADSL should be able to meet that

I have had disappointing results with a Roku 2 XD on a 7 Mbps connection. Sometimes it works fine, but often it keeps rebuffering when the same source will stream fine on the PC. Some models have an ethernet port which would probably work more reliably than wifi.

I use mine mostly with USTVnow and MLB.TV, along with some of the free news channels. Roku itself does not care where in the world you use it, but some channels (Netflix, Crackle, etc) are US IP restricted, so a proxy would be needed as you mentioned.

• 8 months later...

I have both Roku 2 XS and Apple TV 3rd gen. I use www.unblock-us.com to able me to stream Hulu and netflix.

Quality is good for both. But I would prefer Roku 2 XS over appletv for Hulu because somehow only Roku2 XS had caption.

How do you hook the Roku up to your TV? Or better is is possible to set up your WI FI to use a Proxy like Tunnel Bear so your whole wi fi is using an IP address from USA or Great Britain? What I'm having a hard time understanding is how the ROKU is using the PROXY. How do you use what every proxy service you have "Tunnel Bear" or another to stream data with your ROKU. Any help would be appreciated.