I've Never Seen A Transvestite In Thailand...

Gaccha

Now, please hear me out on this...

I know there are plenty of transgendered and crossdressers, but I've never come across a transvestite.

The word is reserved in the medical literature for men, who identify as heterosexual, who are aroused by wearing women's clothing.

I appreciate you are not going to be sure unless you ask and get a lot of details. But in Japan, I saw many men who seemed to fit the description. They would walk alone, have no interest in men, and their behaviour was a failed female mimickry.

I just find this intriguing. Does a heterosexual Thai man pretend to be gay in order to secretly get aroused over women's clothes.

Have any members of the whole forum * ever slept with a ladyboy/ crossdresser etc who wanted them to dress as girls, indicating a clothes fetish attachment?

( *I note this topic is in a sense not gay at all, but I hope my feeling the forum is more a queer forum than a gay forum will allow the topic to remain here. I further appreciate not many gay members will have slept with any such straight men with such fetishes.

I also note there is an apparent contradiction in asserting a crossdressed man could sleep with another man and yet take themselves to be straight; the literature suggests they will only sleep with men if dressed as girls and are aroused in the thought of themselves crossdressed. Boy is life complex.)

Difficult to see what's behind your mail... a peeping toe? some kind of arousal? personal confusion? genuine interest? Would not put all my best on the last option...

But I think you are off target with your questions, specially as you link them to the sexual component only... looking at the male population only, those are my 5 cents:

- cross-dressing means wearing the clothes of the other sex, independant of any sexual or transgender reasoning behind it

- transvestism means wearing the clothes of the other sex and mostly also wearing make-up / wigs in order to show the affiliation with that sex / creating the identity with that sex

only now we can talk about cross-dressers who wear the clothes for sexual arousal (whether they are heterosexual and like to wear panties when having sex with women or whether they are gay and like to wear women underwear when they have sex with their partner), the sexual component comes into play. This is then closely linked to the transvestite fetishism where the sexual component is the leading element behind the change.

But of course, cross-dressing / transvestism can be the expression of a gender "disorder" of people who feel living in the wrong body and for those people, there will be no sexual component behind wearing the other sex's clothes. These people can be called, but don't have to be called transgendered, depending on how strong those feelings are.

Life is NOT complex if you are open and able to accept everybody the way they are... it does not mean you need to like it, but you should be open enough to live and let live...

and if you can't accept, I come back to my first sentence and ask you about the reasoning behind your questions...

**edited for clarity of thoughts and sentences**

Edited by Swiss1960

as far as my experience goes, cross dressers tend to be straight men who like wearing womens clothes in their private lives. i.e. dress as men for work & most of the time socially but get the frock out on a friday night at home or going to special cross dressing clubs. They have no desire to be women or to have surgery to make them women or even identify women. It is often not even a sexual thing, more an easy of some discontent by being able to wear the clothes.

I could be wrong but the cross dressing men I know have all been straight.

I know quite a few transvestites on the other hand who are gay, these are men who identify with being feminine but again, don't want to surgically change themselves but dressing up allows them to exercise that side of their personality, rather than cross dressers who do not id as feminine but just like the clothes.

So I'm not sure this is the correct forum to put it in.

That said, no I have never seen an obvious cross dresser in thailand but as mentioned, they are usually quite private about it, either dressing up in private or going to specilised clubs.