Digital Pocket Scale?

I was there but they only had second hand scales, I need a knew one but thanks for the answer.

With the sort of accuracy you want what are you weighting it's sure not meat?

I'm trying to get some consistency with my espresso shots wich I'm not getting now when not meassuring the dose that I put in the portafilter. Sometimes shots are great sometimes average and sometimes terribad. Theres many variables when making espresso so I want to know how much I put in each dose and I know whats usually recomended for one shot. One gram less or more is a lot when trying to make great espresso.

Might sound little bit obsessive but if you've been drinking great espresso you probebly know just how much difference there could be from different exatraction methods of espresso shots.

I was there but they only had second hand scales, I need a knew one but thanks for the answer.

I'm trying to get some consistency with my espresso shots wich I'm not getting now when not meassuring the dose that I put in the portafilter. Sometimes shots are great sometimes average and sometimes terribad. Theres many variables when making espresso so I want to know how much I put in each dose and I know whats usually recomended for one shot. One gram less or more is a lot when trying to make great espresso.

Might sound little bit obsessive but if you've been drinking great espresso you probebly know just how much difference there could be from different exatraction methods of espresso shots.

throw a shot of Sambuca in there and it will taste perfecto

• Like 1

You might want to try the shop in Nathon, on the left side... after Tesco about half way to 7-11 if memory serves.... they have all kinds of "kitchen stuff"... usually recycle bins for sale out side....

Perhaps too, try the 75 store in Maenam on right side coming from Bophut.

There is also a kitchen supply store near Tesco Chawang, I think the same road as Bandon hospital (???) , it's one of the roads off the ring road.... (other side of Tesco Bophut side if you were driving toward BP you would turn right. )

May have maybe not!

ermm.gifcoffee1.gif < espresso

I read your post as require .1gm this I found strange but you have now explained it's 1gm you require. Have a look in Makro in the kitchen wear section they used to have small kitchen scale that will do the trick.

• 1 year later...

Suggestive ad for spoon scales features rock salt, not drugs

by Rob Beschizza

spoon-scale.jpg

Purported to weigh contents to an accuracy of one tenth of a gram, Pro•Idee’s Spoon Scales are recommended for “Saffron, truffles, fine balsamic vinegar and crack.”

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/04/24/suggestive-ad-for-sp.html

• 1 month later...

I happen to also be looking for a digital scale with 1g accuracy up to 2-3kg.

So, did OP have any luck on finding any on Samui?

If not, I'm planning to go to BKK end of this month and will look for some there and can get one for you if you like.

Edited by Mole

I got my scale now. I just bought the cheaper one to 650bt which seemed more than capable enough.

Their selections at Macro was quite OK.

1 less thing to worry about when I'm in BKK, which is good, so I can finish my business there faster and get back home to Samui quicker.

• 1 month later...