Taxi From Chalong To Airport

CiaranO

google: phuket-taxi-meter and ask there.

But 6am, try to get a number in one of your favorite restaurants in the area.

Or around your (rented?!) place.

Recommended people are more 'convinced', to show up in early hours, sometimes.

The average price should be 5-600, me think. Last time, it was 500, for me.

But that was before they had to 'register as taxi'cheesy.gif

Edited by noob7

• 4 months later...

Maybe a little extra at that time in the morning. A friend uses a taxi guy reasonably regular . He charges 1000baht though no negotiation. However what is important he turns up on time !! Which could be important if your trip is to catch a plane out of phuket. 500 anyone should be able to offer locally , just cross your fingers they dont go out the night before with their buddies and think sod it cant be arsed and leave stuck !

Maybe a little extra at that time in the morning. A friend uses a taxi guy reasonably regular . He charges 1000baht though no negotiation. However what is important he turns up on time !! Which could be important if your trip is to catch a plane out of phuket. 500 anyone should be able to offer locally , just cross your fingers they dont go out the night before with their buddies and think sod it cant be arsed and leave stuck !

If you are staying here maybe it's time to find another driver who is reliable and doesn't scam 1000 baht from you for this trip?

I'm using 2-3 different drivers. they all charge 600b and show up on time even early hours. there are honest, trustworthy and hard working people in phuket as well. shouldn't need to pay almost double to convince them to show up early in the morning and on time imo

return trip for the driver is about 80km from chalong which is around 200baht in gas.

Can you post the number of a good driver here or is that against forum rules?

I don't actually know the answer to your question, as I'm too lazy to re-read all the forum's rules. But if you're interested enough, they are all here:

http://www.thaivisa....tion=boardrules

Rule 31 has been my favorite for years now... Although I do understand why that local news source wants nothing to do with this board or to be quoted by it...

Edited by Jimi007