U S Embassy In Bangkok Issues Security Warnings To Citizens In Thailand

webfact

What are they protesting about? They want America to pass a law banning religious criticisms of Islam? Last time I checked, the prophet of Islam was a pedophile by any measure of the word.

Truth hurts. Especially for the illiterate inbreds living in some 3rd world hell hole.

You fellows are as bad. Obviously you have given up the ability to think and just lash out. The child-bride thing is still being done by adherents of the same faith as a current American Presidential candidate. How do you reconcile that with your statement and the me-too guy's follow-up?

How is the presidential election relevent to this topic?

• Like 1

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just punish the guy who made it ... And all this will be gone ....

In America we dont punish people for speaking their mind, we have free speech. The day the USA bows to such cowardly acts is the day it loses what makes it great.

Good for America, but the world is not solely populated by Americans and does put non Americans at risk when content is published under Freedom of Speech protection with the declared aim to cause unrest outside of the American homeland. In any case, the security forces in some Islamic countries have killed protesters protecting American assets, so the film makers have achieved one of their objectives - destabilisation of the Muslim world.

The thing the 1st amendment people don't realise is that it's not a defence to inciting a riot to say the people rioted unreasonably , the only defence is that a reasonable person would not have known they would riot ....... that argument becomes less and less valid everytime people riot over insulting Islam as Jayman also points out.

Yes, it's now becoming acceptable for muslims to riot. Doesn't that disturb anyone? Or will it when all things, ideas and beliefs contrary to the Quran become forbidden.

The real crazy people are not the muslims, but the ones who manipulate the Americans, so we talk about the jews from Israël. They know exactly how to hurt muslims and are using these tactics already a long time. The former Mossad Chief, Mike Hirari was in Bangkok and told he was setting up terrorist points in Asia.

In America we dont punish people for speaking their mind, we have free speech. The day the USA bows to such cowardly acts is the day it loses what makes it great.

Good for America, but the world is not solely populated by Americans and does put non Americans at risk when content is published under Freedom of Speech protection with the declared aim to cause unrest outside of the American homeland. In any case, the security forces in some Islamic countries have killed protesters protecting American assets, so the film makers have achieved one of their objectives - destabilisation of the Muslim world.

Why are all you people harping about freedom of speech? It doesn't matter if this movie was made or not. The crazies just needed an excuse to go ballistic and protest and kill someone. Remember the Muhammad cartoons? Remeber Satanic Verses? Remeber Fitna? Are we supposed to tiptoe around these people forever just because they're crazy and hateful of the West? It doesn't take much to set them off and while this movie was particularly offensive, just about everything people say or write about Islam offends them enough to whip them into a frenzy.

• Like 1

Even If the muslims here did start kicking off i somehow cant imagine the Thai police standing for it one iota, i think there is little sympathy for them here in Thailand

Think again and read the article. The Royal Thai Police warns about a muslim protest in Bangkok on Saturday

A protest is a bit different, what i said was if it 'kicked off' the Thai police wouldnt stand for it. Do you really think the Thai police will let them go on a rampage through Bangkok. They shot dead 96 of their OWN people when that was tried a few years ago.

Edited by VintageTQ
  • Like 1

We are all infidels and deserve to die, that is the will of Allah, God is great etc etc etc etc etc. Even moderate Muslims seem to accept or tolerate this viewpoint. Wake up the rest of the world, you are being attacked by Islam.

Think again - the real battle currently being waged is by extremists against moderate Islam. Misinformed people like you actually contribute to weakening support for moderate Islam; therefore the potential for extremism elements to take control.

Why punish the filmmaker and accept oppression from Arabs? Freedom of expression anyone?

Because Freedom of Speech shouldn't allow hatred of religion or ethnicity....wouldn't you agree that the world would be a happier place if there was less hate of others?

Agree. Muslims feel very strongly about thier religion same like we do of our loved ones. How would any of you feel if someone insulted your mother or father in front of everyone and posted an insulting movie about them on You Tube.

• Like 1

The real crazy people are not the muslims, but the ones who manipulate the Americans, so we talk about the jews from Israël. They know exactly how to hurt muslims and are using these tactics already a long time. The former Mossad Chief, Mike Hirari was in Bangkok and told he was setting up terrorist points in Asia.

Huh?

By the way, there is a very real difference between 'free speech' and idiotic intentional whipping up of xenophobia. Flaming is a lesser parallel. It serves no purpose other to set one against another which is precisely the Government's (in this case Obama's) agenda and nothing more. DO wake up.

A soldier handling secret information and then releasing it to someone else is not 'free speech'. It's treason. I'm not defending the person who made the movie but I think it's really stupid when someone brings up what Bradley Manning did as 'free speech'.

Bradley Manning stupidly tried to do you lot a favour and wake you up to what your government after government would prefer you did not know!

You seem to be of the Ignorance Is Bliss brigade. No wonder they believe, and seemingly rightly so, they can continue to manipulate you ad infinitum. At the peril of The Rest Of The World. Baaaaa

He didn't try to do anyone except himself a favor, and if you follow Wikileaks, you are being manipulated.

Care to explain why Wikileak readers are being manipulated. This could be fascinating........

• Like 1

Why are all you people harping about freedom of speech? It doesn't matter if this movie was made or not. The crazies just needed an excuse to go ballistic and protest and kill someone. Remember the Muhammad cartoons? Remeber Satanic Verses? Remeber Fitna? Are we supposed to tiptoe around these people forever just because they're crazy and hateful of the West? It doesn't take much to set them off and while this movie was particularly offensive, just about everything people say or write about Islam offends them enough to whip them into a frenzy.

"These people" are extremists and believe it or not are not in the majority. Ask yourself why some people in the West wish to deliberately provoke extremist responses, rather than disseminating messages in support of moderate Islam and their efforts i.e. Arab Spring. The next stage in the fight for democracy is for moderate Islam to overcome the extremists - support them, don't undermine their efforts.

• Like 1

watch the news. the crazies are all muslim

I'm Christian and you know what Islam says about my religion? It says Jesus Christ wasn't the son of God. Neither was he crucified and he didn't die on the cross for the sins of the world. They have disrespected the foundation of my religion. Now do you see any Christians going out there protesting and killing Muslims? Or firebombing their mosques?

There is no excuse for their kind of barbaric behavior. And it's amazing some people are still practically defending what they're doing in the name of their peaceful religion.

No.. but I see Christians creating this stupid movie that seemed to have only 1 point.. to insult and incite violence and hatred.

• Like 2

I knew I kept my England Flag for a reason.

I'd be wary about flashing that around, too. We're pretty much in the same boat as the Americans when it comes to Muslim angst.

I wouldn't wave that flag in front of the Thais either.

Why? Have you gone and upset them or something?

"These people" are extremists and believe it or not are not in the majority. Ask yourself why some people in the West wish to deliberately provoke extremist responses, rather than disseminating messages in support of moderate Islam and their efforts i.e. Arab Spring. The next stage in the fight for democracy is for moderate Islam to overcome the extremists - support them, don't undermine their efforts.

You can blame it on extremists or what not but the fact of the matter is that if someone just offends them a little, you know someone's going to die. The sad thing is the extremists are winning because the moderates aren't really doing anything to stop the extremists. Everytime something like this happens, moderates or maybe fake moderates will condemn the action and do little else. Their condemnation seem to be just lip service.

When someone insults the Christians or Buddhists or even those crazy Scientologists, you don't see buildings being burned down or people getting murdered do you?

• Like 1

Though I am not a "devout Christian" by some standards, I was raised a Christian and never gave it much thought what a difference a religion can make on an individual...but after seeing how Islam is so..."black and white" with no reasoning, I am glad I wasn't brought up with this religion. Seems like its members cannot think in a rational manner. This Youtube production was not a movie meant for the cinema and was never shown in the theaters.Now that there is so much ridiculous protests over something "stupid" it has drawn more attention to the two bit amateur video clip. Thank you clergymen and matawahs in the mosques for blowing this out of proportion.

THAI-US RELATIONS

US Embassy warning after police indicate large protest planned for Tuesday

The Nation

30190543-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The US Embassy in Bangkok has issued a warning to its citizens following police reports that a demonstration involving a large number of people is planned in front of the embassy on Tuesday.

In a warning posted on its website, the embassy said it has been informed by police that the protest, involving several hundreds of people will gather at Lumpini Park and march to the embassy on Wireless road between 1pm and 2pm.

"The protest will disrupt traffic in the area. The embassy will therefore be closing to the public at noon and nonessential personnel will be sent home. Visa and citizen services appointments scheduled for the afternoon of September 18 are being cancelled and rescheduled for later dates.

"However, the embassy is not aware at this time of any specific threat to US citizens in Thailand. As a general precaution, the US Embassy advises you to exercise caution and to be aware of your surroundings, particularly around large crowds or gatherings.

"Even the protest intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and possibly escalate into violence with little or no warning."

US citizens should avoid areas that may be targeted for demonstrations and exercise caution if within the vicinity of any demonstrations or large gatherings. They should also monitor local media to keep updated with the latest information about demonstrations and areas to avoid.

Although the embassy did not say who the protesters would be, it is believed that they would be ThaiMuslims wishing to protest the controversial film involving Muslim world and the US' role in the Middle East.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-17

I'm Christian and you know what Islam says about my religion? It says Jesus Christ wasn't the son of God. Neither was he crucified and he didn't die on the cross for the sins of the world. They have disrespected the foundation of my religion. Now do you see any Christians going out there protesting and killing Muslims? Or firebombing their mosques?

There is no excuse for their kind of barbaric behavior. And it's amazing some people are still practically defending what they're doing in the name of their peaceful religion.

The problems between Christians and Muslims has been going on a long time. What is happening now is just another episode in a very old war

http://gbgm-umc.org/...le/crusades.stm

The First Crusade

Pope Urban II (1088-1099, see art below) was responsible for assisting Emperor Alexus I (1081-1118) of Constantinople in launching the first crusade. He made one of the most influential speeches in the Middle Ages, calling on Christian princes in Europe to go on a crusade to rescue the Holy Land from the Turks. In the speech given at the Council of Clermont in France, on November 27, 1095, he combined the ideas of making a pilgrimage to the Holy Land with that of waging a holy war against infidels.1

Dr. E.L. Skip Knox gives a summary of the pope's speech, which has been recorded differently in various sources: urban.jpg

"The noble race of Franks must come to the aid their fellow Christians in the East. The infidel Turks are advancing into the heart of Eastern Christendom; Christians are being oppressed and attacked; churches and holy places are being defiled. Jerusalem is groaning under the Saracen yoke. The Holy Sepulchre is in Moslem hands and has been turned into a mosque. Pilgrims are harassed and even prevented from access to the Holy Land.

"The West must march to the defense of the East. All should go, rich and poor alike. The Franks must stop their internal wars and squabbles. Let them go instead against the infidel and fight a righteous war.

"God himself will lead them, for they will be doing His work. There will be absolution and remission of sins for all who die in the service of Christ. Here they are poor and miserable sinners; there they will be rich and happy. Let none hesitate; they must march next summer. God wills it!

Edited by I Like Thai

Disagree - despite the amateurish shitty movie and it's content, no person should have the right to suppress his right to express himself. No-one is asking you to like him or the content but he has every right to his opinion as we all do here in this written forum. Similarly I feel anyone who takes offence at the movie really has no sense of humour. It is a send up right? laugh.png

Disagree - despite the amateurish shitty movie and it's content, no person should have the right to suppress his right to express himself. No-one is asking you to like him or the content but he has every right to his opinion as we all do here in this written forum. Similarly I feel anyone who takes offence at the movie really has no sense of humour. It is a send up right? laugh.png

Maybe punish the the guy who translated it into Arabic!