Wi-Fi Internet Radios In Thailand?

zapatero

I am seeking to purchase a Wireless Internet Radio for use in my home, which already has a functioning wireless Wi-Fi router installed. After much research, I find many leads, and sources, in Europe, especially in the U.K. But I cannot find a source in Thailand, to even determine which, if any, brands and models are available here.

Can anyone please relate your experiences with in-country use, availability, makes/models, and suppliers?

Thank you very much,

~~zapatero

Thank you for your reply, DB. I agree, for most people I am sure that you are probably correct. I guess I am too old school though. I don't have a tablet, and my phone is too ancient. Anyway, I am looking for a tabletop model that I can plug into my home stereo system, more or less permanently; not a portable model. It needs to be wireless because my router and PC is located too far away, and I don't want to leave the computer turned on all the time anyway.

If you, or anyone, can give me some guidance in this direction I would be most obliged. Experiences? Brands and models? Sources?

Thank you very much,

~~z

Maybe buy cheap 7' tablet (android) (3000- 5000THB) (from Pantip) install Tune-in Radio pro app (30THB) and plug headphones outlet into your home Stereo with cable.

Leave the tablet on mains power tablet and Wi-Fi on. Not exactly what you want but but I not seen any internet radios here at all or maybe you have order online from US, Hong Kong or where ever you can find them on line

As suggested, just buy a cheap tablet or smart phone a set of speakers for a laptop and you are in business. You can move to wherever you have a Wi-Fi signal.

Many free radio apps available giving you stations from all over the world.

Thank you for all of your replies folks. You have made it pretty clear that I cannot just walk into a shop in Bangkok and choose from a selection of Wi-Fi radios. I see that I am going to have to accept a less straightforward solution. But you have given me a lot of ideas!

Thanks again,

~~z

One I noticed recently was the Revo Heritage internet radio. It is available in Thailand but will set you back over 12,000 Baht....cheaper than a tablet though. If you could pick up a cheaper tablet and combine it with the excellent 'TuneIn radio' app then that might fit the bill. Personally, I use an iPad and TuneIn radio.

Anyway, link below for the Revo if you want to take a butchers wink.png

http://www.siammetry.com/

• 10 months later...

I am the OP for this thread. After several month's delay I have finally found time to return to attend to the subject of this topic. I feel that I should provide some closure since you all were kind enough to give me your many thoughts and recommendations.

I finally settled on the Revo Mondo, the little brother to the Revo Heritage mentioned by Towzak above. It was less than 5,000 THB, I might add that I am very happy with it; it is exactly what I had in mind -- no frills, bells, or whistles, just good music from all over the world.

If anyone is still interested you may still find it at: http://www.siammetry.com/ (Unfortunately, Towzak, I hadn't been following this thread and didn't see your post until now. It probably would have saved me some time.)

Finally, (trying not to violate the forum rules on commercialization), I would like to note that the proprietor of this shop went way out of his way to help me solve some problems with my own system that were well beyond the scope of his sale. I would recommend this shop.

Thanks again, everyone, for your inputs!

~~z