Anyone Been To Mae Lana In Mae Hong Son? This Video Makes Me Wanna

TopKoaysomboon

Mae Hong Son, the real Thailand, or rather: The real Southeast Asia. It's a province very far from Bangkok, not only geographically. I haven't been to Mae Lana, but travelled a bit around the province last year. Very beautiful, very peaceful, a place I could really stay forever. They also grow some of the best tea anywhere up there. I bought some in Ban Rak Thai on the Burmese border where there's a Chinese community, refugees since 1948. I could go back there only to buy more of that :)

It is beautiful up there. Lots of places to explore. If you speak Thai or have a Thai partner. Cave Lodge is a great place to stay that's nearby and can arrange visits to local villages like this.

Wish I could go, very beautiful indeed, but as with any place in Thailand the feel good factor comes from the local people.

Nature does not need compliments, it does it's thing whether we like it or not.

Yermanee wai.gif

Been to Mae Hong Son many times it is a wonderful ride and very beautiful there

Not sure where this place is and what is this place ? A rice field, cave. village, or resort. Any ways never heard of it

Do not go Feb, March. or April if you want to breath. With all the burning it is very bad

According to Goggle maps it is north west of Pai and almost due north of Mae Hong Son.

Looks very beautiful & peaceful there and hence the dilemma of leaving it untouched and unvisited or do we as vistors/tourists go there and in doing so the area will loose some of its beauty . That whole area is a paradise .

According to Goggle maps it is north west of Pai and almost due north of Mae Hong Son.

Looks very beautiful & peaceful there and hence the dilemma of leaving it untouched and unvisited or do we as vistors/tourists go there and in doing so the area will loose some of its beauty . That whole area is a paradise .

Pai is a toilet !

over built and commercialized

Pai is a toilet !

I'm not a fan of Pai, but get out of town just a bit and it's great. We rented a 4x4 and had great fun for a few days.

Pai is a toilet !

I'm not a fan of Pai, but get out of town just a bit and it's great. We rented a 4x4 and had great fun for a few days.

I used to quite like taking the night sleeper up to Chiang Mai till it got colonized by the unwashed hordes travelling to Pai from the full moon parties without a shower in between. sad.png

Mae Hong Son one of my favourite areas of Thailand, outside of the slash and burn season.

Mae Hong Son, the real Thailand, or rather: The real Southeast Asia. It's a province very far from Bangkok, not only geographically. I haven't been to Mae Lana, but travelled a bit around the province last year. Very beautiful, very peaceful, a place I could really stay forever. They also grow some of the best tea anywhere up there. I bought some in Ban Rak Thai on the Burmese border where there's a Chinese community, refugees since 1948. I could go back there only to buy more of that smile.png

I agree.

The Ban Rak Thai community has a tea shop on the main rode in Mae Hong Son (MHS), a little bit more expensive.

Been to Mae Hong Son many times it is a wonderful ride and very beautiful there

Not sure where this place is and what is this place ? A rice field, cave. village, or resort. Any ways never heard of it

Do not go Feb, March. or April if you want to breath. With all the burning it is very bad

How to go to the Mae Lana Valley?

From Chiang Mai take the N 107 to the North, after ~38 km (just befor Mae Malai) turn to the left, follow N 1095 --> Pai (98 km) --> Pang Mapha (Soppong - 44 km) --> then another 10 km and turn there to the right into the Mae Lana Valley (some time before there was a check-point). You will pass Jabo-village. Befor the Mae Lana Village there is an army check-point. They let you go if you tell them you would like to go to the Mae Lana Village.

More interesting and blessed with a wonderful landscape is the area on the street (... ehm, ehm) to the Myanmar borderline, to Mailan. Without any connection the one of the villages behind Mae Lana the soldiers won't let you go. We go there every year after New Year to take there some food for the not so rich hilltribe children. The teachers smooth our way. The children there are very, very lovely influenced by the unselfish teachers. You will notice their diciplin (not militray-like). Many children have to sleep in the school because of the long distance to their parental homes (over unpaved ways !)

Later on I will search for some photos

Edited by puck2