Hotels Along Chao Phraya, Bangkok

dddave

The Navalai on Thanon phra Ahtit - Banglaphu is quite nice. It is next to the ferry terminal. The river path runs along the front and it has a very nice restuarant/cafe on the river. "Ad Here 13" is nearby if they like 60's-80's Blues rock and the main sights are easy to get to via ferry. Opposite are a several small but slightly upmarket cafe and ice-cream shops and a top designer leather place.. Although close to Khao San RDd it is much more Thai/farang. One of the buildings was the HQ of the resistance to the japanese invasion and the Fortres park a few meters to the north is interesting. Over the clong to the North (by footbridge) there is a very good bakery. Get them Nancy Chandlers map - available in the shop that sells postcards opposite the Navalai.

Thanks for both recommendations. Centre Point is great but out of their budget range. The Navalai sounds like what I had in mind. I will check it out.

Are you joking? Centrepoint Silom is cheaper than the Navalai!! smile.png Though to be fair, there is not much in it.

If you want a River View at the Navalai, you'll be paying a minimum of 3800 baht per night. Their cheapest 'no view' room of 30 sq. m, dependent on the season is around 2900 baht. Though you might strike lucky with a part River view.

45 sq m Deluxe room at Centrepoint comes in at around 2800 baht.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Thanks for both recommendations. Centre Point is great but out of their budget range. The Navalai sounds like what I had in mind. I will check it out.

Are you joking? Centrepoint Silom is cheaper than the Navalai!! smile.png Though to be fair, there is not much in it.

If you want a River View at the Navalai, you'll be paying a minimum of 3800 baht per night. Their cheapest 'no view' room of 30 sq. m, dependent on the season is around 2900 baht. Though you might strike lucky with a part River view.

Yikes!!blink.png Maybe I'm being unrealistic expecting to find something on the river for under B2000. Thanks for the help.

ddddave - have you tried Riverfront Residence. Stayed there a few years ago - stunning river views, bit further down the river.

Agoda currently has some last minute rooms at THB1,000 for a Studio Superior, and THB1,180 for a Studio Deluxe

See if this suits your needs:

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/riverfront_residence_hotel.html

ddddave - have you tried Riverfront Residence. Stayed there a few years ago - stunning river views, bit further down the river.

Agoda currently has some last minute rooms at THB1,000 for a Studio Superior, and THB1,180 for a Studio Deluxe

See if this suits your needs:

http://www.agoda.com...ence_hotel.html

(not sure why the double post, sorry mods. Please delete)

Edited by SeaVisionBurma

Yikes!!blink.png Maybe I'm being unrealistic expecting to find something on the river for under B2000. Thanks for the help.

'Located next to the river' and 'River View' are different things. New SIAM Riverside, as posted before, will get you next to the river within your budget, but without the view.

I have stayed at the New Siam Riverside. Here are some pics, including my view:

SUC55517.jpg

Bangkok_009.jpg

Bangkok_011.jpg

Bangkok_010.jpg

I paid less, but I know the proprietors.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

try the ibis next across from Sathorn Pier. Farther down is Montien.but it is close to Rama 3.

Certainly within budget, but..... Take a look for yourself. http://ibishotel.ibis.com/gb/hotel-7026-ibis-bangkok-riverside/index.shtml

It's on the opposite side of the river and looks built to a price.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

If you want a completely different experience, try Loy La Long. Imagine a traditional wooden river house on stilts, sitting in a big wooden rocking chair on a balcony right on the river, a cold Leo in one hand and a spliff in the other (optional),watching the boats go by. To me this is a real taste of Thailand.

http://www.loylalong.com/

Edited by fish fingers

If you want a completely different experience, try Loy La Long. Imagine a traditional wooden river house on stilts, sitting in a big wooden rocking chair on a balcony right on the river, a cold Leo in one hand and a spliff in the other (optional),watching the boats go by. To me this is a real taste of Thailand.

http://www.loylalong.com/

Again, over budget....

Will take a look when I'm in town. If nice, can keep it for another occasion.

I have stayed in the Montien Riverside Hotel, a 4 star hotel and the Tongtara Riverview Hotel3.5 stars. Both are comfortable and reasonably cheap hotels with river views and are a short taxi ride to the BTS station or Bangkok BRT. The Mentien in on the river and has a river ferry stop and water taxi access.

I have also stayed in the Riverside residences but rarely had a river view and the Lebau Hotel but that is expensive.

Edited by waza