Any Fireworks This Year?

Orac

Last year's really was pretty good. That finale spanned the whole darn beach road. BIG Mortars in use. I didn't realize the first International competition was in August of 2010. 2nd was in December 2011 when I was there. Maybe they are rotating them around the calendar? Figuring out what makes the most money, draw etc? couldn't find any reference today for 2012 show on some Internet searches.

• 2 months later...

Just in case anyone is interested, last night's fireworks kicked of at 8:15pm. There were 4 sessions in all. I missed the first, 2nd was Singapore, 3rd USA and the last China. The last session kicked off at 11pm.

I can't read the event schedule, but perhaps tonight's schedule will be about the same.

I suggest bringing a nice thick towel or two and camping on the beach in between Soi 7 and 8, right in front of the barges.

Edited by tropo

Just in case anyone is interested, last night's fireworks kicked of at 8:15pm. There were 4 sessions in all. I missed the first, 2nd was Singapore, 3rd USA and the last China. The last session kicked off at 11pm.

I can't read the event schedule, but perhaps tonight's schedule will be about the same.

I suggest bringing a nice thick towel or two and camping on the beach in between Soi 7 and 8, right in front of the barges.

This post should clear things up ;)

http://www.thaivisa....ireworks-start/

Edited by MJCM

This post should clear things up wink.png

http://www.thaivisa....ireworks-start/

Someone was kind enough to post an English program schedule on another thread, so the first fireworks display won't start until 9:15pm according to that:

Saturday 1st December 2012

From 15.30 – 23.00

15.30 – 19.30 Entertaining Activities at Beach Road

- Concert at Mini Stage

- Entertaining show by Juggling

- Handmade and Art Trade Fair

- More

18.00 – 19.30 Registering to International Fireworks Competition

19.30 – 20.00 Carnival Show by brass band and parade from Blue Steet to the main stage

20.00 – 20.30 Moderator opens the event

- Leading to the event with Mini Concert by The Palace Generation Band

20.30 – 21.00 Opening Ceramony

21.00 – 21.15 Setting up the seated places of audiences

21.15 – 22.00 Performing International Fireworks, start with 70 fireworks by Thai Life Insurelance ิ

22.00 – 22.10 Moderator summary fireworks show and introduce Tattoo Colour Band

22.10 – 22.50 Mini Concert by2 Tattoo Colour

22.50 – 23.00 Closing ceremony