Land Office Hang Dong

BB1955

Does anyone know if the land office can and will look up and tell you who owns a piece of land ? Is the land office in Hangdong next to the police station ????

Found two lots in a moo baan that have been vacant for a very long time . The moo baan will not tell us of course they want us to buy one of there lots ...

If you want to know who is the owner of a piece of land, you can do in many ways, such as ;

Contact to the boss of village (Pu Yai Baan or Kamnan) and ask him if he know who is the owner of that piece of land you interested or the owner of the land next.

Ask at the land office in Hang Dong and tell them that you are interested to buy that piece of land (you should know first details about the land such as name of Moo baan, sub district, district, approx. size of land, the place nearby,...),

Write "I interested to buy this land" in Thai with your number telephone on some plastic sheet, wood then stick into the land, let the owner you are interesting to buy it.

Ask the neighbor of that land if he/she can give you some details of her/his land title deed (such as; number, land form, size,…) then you can give this detail to Land office or local administration office in Hang Dong.

Yes, the land office in Hang Dong is next to police station, in Hang Dong city hall office. http://maps.google.co.th/maps?q=%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%99+%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%87&hl=th&ie=UTF8&ll=18.686822,98.919611&spn=0.043661,0.055189&sll=18.575465,99.006379&sspn=0.693824,0.883026&gl=th&hq=%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%99&hnear=%E0%B8%AD.%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%87+%E0%B8%88.%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%88&t=m&z=14&layer=c&cbll=18.686675,98.919577&panoid=i78v9bOlL23DkUHAbs9rHA&cbp=12,281.61,,0,0

Yes my wife and I will go today to the land office today with the information and and a few extra baht , as Im sure a little tea money will speed matters up . Not keen on a lawyer becasue the less people with there hands in our pockets the better . Neighbors have no idea who owns the land we tried that first ...

Not sure if you can go as private person, but you can send a property lawer for some THB and he will find out the owners

Since when is a lawyer different from a private person? Why on earth would you need a lawyer for this?

Our "lawyer" is for properties not for crime, why should I go, its easier if he goes and I don’t wast my time

Would it not be then, a property lawyer that goes to the land office ???? Unless the land office is so full of corrupt people who would be criminals.

May I offer a suggestion..... if you have indeed been in the Real Estate industry, albeit back home , for 7 years, then I am sure you would have become aware of how important first impressions are. Especially when one is trying to gain the trust, faith and belief of the person to whom you are trying to sell . Please don't take this criticism , as it is meant constructively from someone that has 6 to 7 times the length of experience as you in the same industry, and world wide.

Good luck with your venture.

Unlike USA, Thailand does not consider land & property details to be "public information."

All the ideas posted above, with the exception of "tea money," sound good to me.

What is essential in any effort to acquire the desired details is to have your Thai spouse (or a Thai real estate agent or Thai lawyer) make all inquiries. The minute a farang inserts himself into the effort, the negotiations will fall apart.

Good luck.

Unlike USA, Thailand does not consider land & property details to be "public information."

All the ideas posted above, with the exception of "tea money," sound good to me.

What is essential in any effort to acquire the desired details is to have your Thai spouse (or a Thai real estate agent or Thai lawyer) make all inquiries. The minute a farang inserts himself into the effort, the negotiations will fall apart.

Good luck.

Where did you get the information that this is not public?

MSPain

"The land title deed is a public document available from the Land Registry, so it's straightforward to verify, for those of us who can read Thai."

Edited by hml367

Good luck.

MSPain

"The land title deed is a public document available from the Land Registry, so it's straightforward to verify, for those of us who can read Thai."

Common knowledge that the Land Registry folks are extremely reluctant to provide details on land - not just dimensions, area, plot numbers, but especially name and contact info of owner. The issue of property listings (house or building on the land) is even more difficult to obtain as "public information". In some countries (e.g., USA) all this stuff is on the Internet - house, square footage, number of bedroom, baths, etc, year built, most recent sale price, assessed value, etc.

Can you kindly tell us the source of the info which you have quoted? Why is it quoted? Please share your personal experience with obtaining info on land title deeds in Chiang Mai at a Land Registry Office - did you submit an official request on a Land Registry Office form?

Thanks for sharing.

P.S. I read Thai (fluent).

Good luck.

MSPain

Common knowledge that the Land Registry folks are extremely reluctant to provide details on land - not just dimensions, area, plot numbers, but especially name and contact info of owner. The issue of property listings (house or building on the land) is even more difficult to obtain as "public information". In some countries (e.g., USA) all this stuff is on the Internet - house, square footage, number of bedroom, baths, etc, year built, most recent sale price, assessed value, etc.

Can you kindly tell us the source of the info which you have quoted? Why is it quoted? Please share your personal experience with obtaining info on land title deeds in Chiang Mai at a Land Registry Office - did you submit an official request on a Land Registry Office form?

Thanks for sharing.

The quote is not mine. I was asking how you got your information so I could better understand. You mentioned that Thailand does not consider it public information. I thought I saw that it was public information somewhere. I thought you might have factual information from what you had posted. I'm not sure what common knowledge refers to. It could be that it is supposed to be public but the land office will not share it. I'm not sure. I read some translated Acts, but since you can read Thai fluently you would have a better handle on it I'm sure.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

Good luck.

MSPain

Thanks for sharing.

The quote is not mine. I was asking how you got your information so I could better understand. You mentioned that Thailand does not consider it public information. I thought I saw that it was public information somewhere. I thought you might have factual information from what you had posted. I'm not sure what common knowledge refers to. It could be that it is supposed to be public but the land office will not share it. I'm not sure. I read some translated Acts, but since you can read Thai fluently you would have a better handle on it I'm sure.

MSPain

Gotcha! The quote is not yours? How about the post itself? Is that yours?

As for my statement that Thai land & property info is not public info, I thought I saw that it was not public information somewhere. I was hoping you might have factual information to either confirm or deny my statement. If you found something relevant in some "translated Acts," please do let us know. Many thanks!

My experience is if you enquire about a particular piece of land, which details sometimes needs verifying on an area map, they will pull out the chanoot for you. Presumably it is indeed public information. Although owner name should be on the back, they should indeed keep personal details private, but sometimes there are little extras attached which may help, we got phone number and address on one, though it turned out to be old and redundant.

BTW the owner is the last name on the back. In Thai of course, even farang names are transliterated.

Edit:

Seem to remember we needed to know about the layout of neghibouring track and some irrigation ditch next to the land which needed a road over. (maybe you could fabricate something "we just want to check......")

This was information essential to a buyer and they were perfectly helpful. No money required.

Re-edit: if no luck I'd go back to the moobahn. They must be sending bills to the owner and have the details you want. Tell them the owner won the lottery.....

Have a go, good luck!

Edited by cheeryble

Ha did what I said I was going to do and got just what I needed with little problem and a short wait ........ Thanks for everyones advice ... Now trying step two ......

Huh? Can you please elaborate a bit. Many of us are sincerely interested to hear from you on this.

Had a neighbor that owned the lot next door . Got a copy of the chanote from them . Took that to the land office with a copy of the moo baan lots . Found the the first person sitting behind one of the desks my wife spoke to her gave her the copy of the chanote and showed her the plots we wanted the information on and left our phone number . Two days later we get a call from the same woman saying she had the names and that one lot was partly owned by the bank . They never asked for any money at the land office but it was given in a white piece of paper after we got the information . We contacted the first owner who checked with her son and later called back and did not want to sell.

The second owner was in Bangkok and we reached the mother of the owner who told us to call back after 9 pm . Mean while lady from the land office calls and tells us how much she wants . But never offers us the number . My wife tells her we have already made contact . Later that night my wife contacts the owner and she quotes us the same price the lady from the land office tell us .... and appears not to want to give up a penny . The next night my wife calls the owner again and talks seems the lady from the land office had called the owner and wanted to sell the property and collect 3 % from her... Thats not going to happen ....

Ok a couple things we did wrong . One was I went into the land office with my wife ... Farrang $$$$$$$$

Second we should have just said we just wanted to talk to the owner because the land was full of snakes and they were invading our house and wanted to offer to clear it .... I think this would have been a much better approach . But all id well anyway .... Hope this helps someone else ....

Funny thing was we located a house for sale a few months ago . It was rented for 10 months and they could not sell it until them . Both husband and wife agreed on a price and we agreeded to purchase it when the renter was out . We even offered to buy it with them still in it and let them keep the rent money . Or put down a deposit .But they said no it was ok we ll start three months before they move out . My wife spoke with them many times and they assured us everything was fine . When was time to give us a copy of the chanote and house book , the woman called said she was bringing over but the price had gone up 200,000. My wife asked me what I wanted to tell her .... I cant print what I said but the jest was to use the house for toilet paper .... I will have pleasure seeing the weeds grow up around the place while they pay the moo baan fee waiting on another buyer ...

As far as finding the phone numbers my wife googled the names in Thai and got them both with no problem ...

Edited by BB1955