Taste Of The Wild Dog Food - Any Feedback?

topt

My GF is looking to buy Taste if the Wild dog food for our GSDs.

Anybody boughgt/buying this for their dogs and any feedback - is it really worth the extra dosh?

Thanks

PS - I did see the recall notice from earlier this year that Nienke posted.

Taste of the Wild is definitely one of the much better quality dog foods. The dogs that I know eating this food, were/are doing very well.

Nonetheless, my choice between TotW or a raw food diet, is a raw food diet for my dogs.

Taste of the Wild is definitely one of the much better quality dog foods. The dogs that I know eating this food, were/are doing very well.

Nonetheless, my choice between TotW or a raw food diet, is a raw food diet for my dogs.

Thanks Nienke. She has also been getting into the raw food diet and has been feeding them (as well as dried food) chopped up raw chicken carcasses recently. Chopping up the carcasses is hard work and very messy!

Thanks Nienke. She has also been getting into the raw food diet and has been feeding them (as well as dried food) chopped up raw chicken carcasses recently. Chopping up the carcasses is hard work and very messy!

topt, why not try a full "raw food diet" plus it can work out cheaper than good quality packet food, incidently you shouldn't feed them dried food and raw food at the same time !

Here is a useful link http://www.dogster.com/forums/Raw_Food_Diet/thread/511303

• Like 1

topt, why not try a full "raw food diet" plus it can work out cheaper than good quality packet food, incidently you shouldn't feed them dried food and raw food at the same time !

Here is a useful link http://www.dogster.c...t/thread/511303

I have passed on your comments as my gf is driving this. For my benefit though can you succinctly explain why not - or direct me to a link that explains it. I read the article at the link provided but it does not really clarify. Thanks.

please can you explain to me the benifits,if any of feeding raw food to your dog,?

i was a dog man all my life in the uk, breeding lurchers,jack russells,

i allways found that apart from giving them a treat of some tripe now and again dried food was by far better for them,

and to have it in front of them all the time, as then they didnt fill thereselfs up, just eating when they wanted a little,

in that way they was allways ready for a run should a good nite come along for a bit of rabbiting,

dried food as all the vitimins in it your dog will ever need, you wont get all that in raw food,

but like i say on many many posts each to there own,

just my opinion jake

incidently you shouldn't feed them dried food and raw food at the same time !

For my benefit though can you succinctly explain why not

I gather your question applies to the first statement, anyway as far as i can make out this is the reason :

Raw meat digest's very quickly thus no problem with harmfull bacteria.

Dried food takes longer to digest than raw food.

Therefore if you put the two together and the dried food holds back the raw food from digesting then you could encounter a problem, just my take and if someone ses i'm wrong then so be it !

In a previous post you mention feeding the dog, chicken carcasses, probaly not a lot of goodness in a chicken carcasse thus the reason that they are so cheap.

Edited by alfieconn

I gather your question applies to the first statement, anyway as far as i can make out this is the reason :

Therefore if you put the two together and the dried food holds back the raw food from digesting then you could encounter a problem, just my take and if someone ses i'm wrong then so be it !

Thanks - apparently my gf is aware and wasn't feeding both....so it is only me that's fumbling in the dark thumbsup.gif

Thanks - apparently my gf is aware and wasn't feeding both....so it is only me that's fumbling in the dark thumbsup.gif

Nothing wrong with fumbling in the dark topt ! as far as i can remember that is 15.gif