Where Can I Buy Genuine Xbox 360 Games In Thailand?

bristoltobangkok

I don't want to mod my 360 as I want to be able to play on Live, but I'm having trouble sourcing 360 games here. InGame only stock a few, and I'd rather not use something like Play-Asia as my experiences so far with customs dictate that they will double the cost of anything bought with import duty. Can anyone suggest anywhere in Bangkok, or maybe an online retailer please?

I don't want to mod my 360 as I want to be able to play on Live, but I'm having trouble sourcing 360 games here. InGame only stock a few, and I'd rather not use something like Play-Asia as my experiences so far with customs dictate that they will double the cost of anything bought with import duty. Can anyone suggest anywhere in Bangkok, or maybe an online retailer please?

All the games in MBK etc are usually the Hong Kong region so I cannot use any DLC with my UK PSN account. I assume XBox Live would be the same with regional DLC. They are also about the same price as full RRP in the UK even when the game has been released for a while.

I buy all my PS3 games online for cheap (usually using deals found on Hotukdeals.com) and get my sister to post them to me using Royal Mail and customs never charge anything. If you use a shipping company you will have to pay import fees.

It only takes a week from the UK to send out in the sticks to me in Thailand. Just make sure you use Royal Mail.

Check Hotukdeals.com or find-games.co.uk for the cheapest offer on the game you want and its usually delivered to the UK in a day or 2.

The prices in Thailand just aren't worth it. Some new games are 3,000 baht here which is £60 in the UK. I've never paid £60 for a new game in the UK even for an AAA title on launch day, usually its around half that for launch or sub £15 when catching a deal (sometimes sub £8 which is 400 baht!). Plus you're buying the Asian version here which may not have English language or subs or be able to play or download online.

My PS3 is Japanese btw and I've never had any problem using UK games or the UK PSN. Online is a bit laggy but that's cuz the link to the UK has so much latency.