Mauy Thai Gym/fitness

Big JD

Hi guys,

I am fairly new in Thailand and looking for a good fitness gym that offers Muay Thai classes as well.

I don't want to join a gym plus learn Muay Thai elsewhere and was wondering if there is a gym that combines both... I am hoping to find a Muay Thai gym that has good fitness facilities including free weights and fitness machines etc.

I am in the sukhumvit area around asoke / phrom phong.

Please let me know if anyone can help point me in the right direction to find somewhere like this that offers both gym fitness facilities and Muay Thai training in one.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers,

JD

Edited by Big JD

Thanks heaps guys...

A little more info on what I am after.

I was hoping to find a gym with fitness and weight facilities that also offers Muay Thai classes.

This way I can train on the weights and equipment a couple of times a week and attend a Muay Thai class a couple of times a week at the same place (to avoid paying for two memberships or something like that).

I am not interested in training for Muay Thai competition but purely for fitness so I dont need a champion fighter to train me or anything like that.

Strangely it seems that no Gyms in BKK offer Muay Thai training...

Thanks again for the help so far and if any one else knows of a place like this please let me know.

Cheers,

JD

These look awesome, thanks guys...

Although far from the authentic experience, I am going into True to check out there kickboxing training next week.

I will post my findings in here for anyone interested.

Thanks again for all the advice!

Cheers,

JD

• Like 1

Also True offer what they call an Xplorer pack which gives you 36x visits with full use of all the facilities and classes etc. for use within one year which they offered me for 8,000B (this includes attending kickboxing class and a couple of personal training sessions)

I thought this price was pretty reasonable... thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am new to Bangkok.

I went to see two Muay Thai schools in Sukhumvit for my daughter who is in her teens: Chacrit/Chakrit in soi 39 and Krudam in soi 24. She is Taekwondo 1st dan black belt but I was never keen on the bouting aspect of it. Still, she has a lot of energy that has to be channelled constructively. I'm also more interested in the fitness aspect of it for her, not competition.

I'm leaning towards Chacrit but I'm not 100% on it. If any one has taken classes there and could recommend a specific teacher please I would be most grateful. Because of women-specific concerns!