New Car Prices In Chiang Mai

masuk

I've been searching the internet and these pages to find a dealer who actually gives a price for their product.

Do they deliberately avoid the nasty subject of money?

Basically, I'm looking for something like a Suziki hatch-back car, to get around town in, no off-road stuff. My Thai is just not good enough - okay - non-existent.

Is there still half a year waiting list? wai.gif

The main Suzuki Thailand website has the prices - here is for the Swift. Actually I've found nearly all car websites list new prices. The prices on the sites are consistent regardless of location, differences are in what freebies they will throw in such as insurance, etc.

A friend tried to get an Isuzu and was told 6 month wait, but Toyoto around one month so depends on brand/model.

Of course you could always go to the the dealers, actually see the car and get a price. We used to do that in the distant past before there was an internet, seemed to work OK. Usually there is enough English around for understanding the basics.

Of course you could always go to the the dealers, actually see the car and get a price. We used to do that in the distant past before there was an internet, seemed to work OK. Usually there is enough English around for understanding the basics.

Well you could look the basics up on the internet and then go and look at them. Take a Thai friend.

I personally would never buy a new vehicle unless I could look it over in person. I know there is a waiting list but it is easier to see the changes you want looking at the real vehicle rather than a picture.

I recently bought a Toyota. I went to several dealers. None of them would negotiate on the list price of the car -- take it or leave it. What they would negotiate on was the number of options they would throw in (or free one year's insurance). What I learned was that the more populous an area was, thus the more demand, the less they would negotiate anything. I found my best deal in Phitchit. So, if you want the best possible deal, make a list including the exact car make and model and the options you want, then travel.

I was fantasizing about a KIA hatch back, which I had for some years in Oz. Current cost is AU16,000.00 They seem a little more expensive here!! Must be imported.

I also read that the Suzuki is going to be assembled here and exported to Australia, as there is no tax on fully assembled cars there.

anyway, I'll search those sites and thanks everyone!!! wai.gif

You can also add Ford to my above list. I was just on their website.. I am sure you know, but just in case you don't for the Thai websites its

www------.co.th

And BMW as I was on their site a couple of days ago fantasizing. biggrin.png

Porsche has nice web site...with prices laugh.png !!!

The waiting list for cars seems to be only in Chiang Mai, I bought one 6 months ago, the waiting list in CM was 8 months. Called to Bkk where I could pick it up in 3 days. Also saved me 5000 baht transport costs.

It's not only CM...but if you lucky and take your time to call around,you may just find one that the customer cancelled,or some other reason...normally is waiting list everywhere...

Have you checked out Expat Auto Chiang Mai. The owners speak both Thai and English fluently and their cars come with a guarantee. Haven't bought one from them yet, but will eventually. After doing some looking decided to go with a moto a few months back.

The OP appeared to be looking for a new car. Expat auto is in the used car business. Most cars on their web site are around 10 years old. But I do know that they have an excellent reputation.

thanks for the additional info.

I had thought Expat Autos were used cars, and I see someone has confirmed this. Maybe a way to go but the used car I'm driving now has made me a bit wary.