Im New Tourist Please Help Me How To Prolong My Visa

so if i want to stay more longer i need to go to the nearest border here in thailand like cambodia? but i saw some advertisement it says that i can extend my visa 30 days or longer without leaving the country.. is it legally true or is it fake.?

You can extend a tourist visa for 30 days, but you don't have a torist visa.

So yes, you must apply in a neighbouring country for a tourist visa. Laos would be better, as they take 2 days to issue and Cambodia 4 days.

yes sir i understand about im not having a tourist visa..so what i need to do is to go out the country and apply for tourist visa. and by the way sir.. how about this, i saw some one advertisement of agency that i can extend 30 days or longer without going out or leaving the country. is it fake or legal ?

so ok sir. i will gonna try to go in the nearest immigration office here in Pattaya because as of now. I am currently staying here at Pattaya. and by the way sir Thanks for that information it is a big help for me what should i am going to do.. thanks and god bless. I will keep in touch if ever what the immigration office will tell me what i need to do and if i ever i get visa or more longer visa inside the country or outside the country.

Beware, if you go to Malaysia for your visa run. Filipino who was with me last time when II went to Kota Bharu got entry refused to Malaysia on the ground that he had no address (acommodation) or onward ticket from Malaysia. They said they would be satisfiedif he had an onward ticket from Thailand but he didn't have that one either. They wanted to se that he had cash (20'000 baht) or traveler cheques, credit card was not good enough.

Edited by JoeLing

easy!

90 days visas (multiple)

get 50 or older and show enough money.

show enough money and marry a Thai Lady (guess, you are male)

apply for a job.

All this above can be extended to 'one-year-visa', mostly based on enough money.

60 (+30) day visas:

Go to Laos or Cambodia, for double entry tourist visas

Go to Penang, Kota Bahru or KL for single entry tourist visas

oops, read Filipino to late: Go to Lao!!!

Cambodia 'had issues', Malaysia maybe, too.

Go with a visa runner, they do all the thing, you sit in a hotel for one day.

Edited by noob7
  • Like 1

so ok sir. i will gonna try to go in the nearest immigration office here in Pattaya because as of now. I am currently staying here at Pattaya. and by the way sir Thanks for that information it is a big help for me what should i am going to do.. thanks and god bless. I will keep in touch if ever what the immigration office will tell me what i need to do and if i ever i get visa or more longer visa inside the country or outside the country.

Your easiest option is to go see some travel companies that offer "Visa Run" service. You will see these all over the place in Pattaya. Tell them that you need to get a new tourist visa (not just a border-run). They generally have package deals where most everything is guided for you - ask about all the details.

You will need to leave Thailand, submit a visa application (and fee) to a Thai Consulate, and wait for a few days in that country for your visa (usually 2-5 days, depends on where you do it). When you get your new tourist visa (60 days), you'll re-enter Thailand. You sound like you need some help, so I would recommend you find a package deal that takes care of everything for you - don't forget to ask about all the details.

Around 45 days after you have come back, you can go to the local immigration office and get an extension for 30 more days (for 1900b).

After that, you'd have to repeat this process until they stop granting you tourist visas and you'll have to go back home.

There may be services that offer to take your passport and do all this without you actually going anywhere - this is not legal. They may work out to be easy, but they are a bit dodgy, be wary. The only legal way to get a tourist visa is to leave Thailand and apply at a nearby Consulate. Its not a terribly difficult thing, its just terribly inconvenient - I would recommend you just do it rather than trying something dodgy. Good luck to you.

Your easiest option is to go see some travel companies that offer "Visa Run" service. You will see these all over the place in Pattaya. Tell them that you need to get a new tourist visa (not just a border-run). They generally have package deals where most everything is guided for you - ask about all the details.

You will need to leave Thailand, submit a visa application (and fee) to a Thai Consulate, and wait for a few days in that country for your visa (usually 2-5 days, depends on where you do it). When you get your new tourist visa (60 days), you'll re-enter Thailand. You sound like you need some help, so I would recommend you find a package deal that takes care of everything for you - don't forget to ask about all the details.

Around 45 days after you have come back, you can go to the local immigration office and get an extension for 30 more days (for 1900b).

After that, you'd have to repeat this process until they stop granting you tourist visas and you'll have to go back home.

There may be services that offer to take your passport and do all this without you actually going anywhere - this is not legal. They may work out to be easy, but they are a bit dodgy, be wary. The only legal way to get a tourist visa is to leave Thailand and apply at a nearby Consulate. Its not a terribly difficult thing, its just terribly inconvenient - I would recommend you just do it rather than trying something dodgy. Good luck to you.

You say "After that, you'd have to repeat this process until they stop granting you tourist visas and you'll have to go back home." ... Do they stop granting someone tourist visas if they see that the person is trying to stay more or less permanent on tourist visas?

You say "After that, you'd have to repeat this process until they stop granting you tourist visas and you'll have to go back home." ... Do they stop granting someone tourist visas if they see that the person is trying to stay more or less permanent on tourist visas?

Sometimes, they do. There was a kind of a rule, the last years, for double entry tourist visas in Cambodia and Lao.

1. as long the single entry visa was for free, you could get a double entry (for money) with no problem

1a. or they qualified you (like I did read in TV, a while ago) for a single entry non-O, to visit friends.

2. 3 times a double entry visas haven't been a problem (Laos / Cambodia)

But things got changed. With last year changes (August, I think), for a while, it was difficult, to get tourist visas, without a flight ticket to/leaving thailand. In Cambodia, for a couple of month. Not sure, that changed, but i know, that some visa runner operators aren't trying Cambodia anymore. (With 'non Farangs')

Lao was always an option, but the 3times rule is under pressure. In special , if you have single entry visas, also, without getting them from your home country consulate.

But the good thing is, the Bangkok visa runners, friends of mine used, to go to Lao, are open minded, and TELLING about maybe risks, before the departure.

They do not bullshit you "Oh, solly, nevel happen before", they ask, what you have, or checking your passport, and if it isn't 'clean' enough "maybe only single entry possible"

At least, they do that to the Filipinos, using 'em.

But the 3times option, all together around 270 days, seems to work, till now.

Edited by noob7

Sometimes, they do. There was a kind of a rule, the last years, for double entry tourist visas in Cambodia and Lao.

1. as long the single entry visa was for free, you could get a double entry (for money) with no problem

1a. or they qualified you (like I did read in TV, a while ago) for a single entry non-O, to visit friends.

2. 3 times a double entry visas haven't been a problem (Laos / Cambodia)

But things got changed. With last year changes (August, I think), for a while, it was difficult, to get tourist visas, without a flight ticket to/leaving thailand. In Cambodia, for a couple of month. Not sure, that changed, but i know, that some visa runner operators aren't trying Cambodia anymore. (With 'non Farangs')

Lao was always an option, but the 3times rule is under pressure. In special , if you have single entry visas, also, without getting them from your home country consulate.

But the good thing is, the Bangkok visa runners, friends of mine used, to go to Lao, are open minded, and TELLING about maybe risks, before the departure.

They do not bullshit you "Oh, solly, nevel happen before", they ask, what you have, or checking your passport, and if it isn't 'clean' enough "maybe only single entry possible"

At least, they do that to the Filipinos, using 'em.

But the 3times option, all together around 270 days, seems to work, till now.

Sorry, 270 days is a triple entry!

3x double entry is 1.5 years, almost!

Edited by noob7