Applying For Baby's First Uk Passport

Just about to apply for baby's first passport. I can't get this information from the passport website so wonder if someone here can assist. My wife and I are legally married and have a nice Thai language certificate. Do we need to produce this as part of the application for baby's passport? And do we have to produce a translation of it too? And if so, will they accept the original certificate a copy of this legalised by the MFA over two years' ago? Or do I have to get a new translation and legalisation. As always many thanks for any guidance and advice.

As your baby was born outside of the UK after July 2006, I don't think you need to produce your marriage certificate, though I suppose it wouldn't hurt to take it to the embassy with you, in which case the original translation should surfice.

In the list of documents required you will have noted that the UK in Hong Kong say:

The child’s full foreign birth certificate and the mother’s original UK long version birth certificate or original naturalisation/registration certificate; or the father’s original UK long version birth certificate or original naturalisation/registration certificate, and if the father only was a British Citizen at the time of the birth of the child’s birth and not the mother and the child was born before 1 July 2006 the parents’ marriage certificate must be provided – if the child was born after 30 June 2006 the father’s details must appear on the child’s birth certificate;

http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/what-passport/children-under-16/apply-child-passport#supporting

Remember you can take the application to the Embassy in Bangkok if you are in Bangkok, or one of the many Consulates around the country, this is the only time you can go to the Embassy/Consulate for a passport application, they will check everything is in order for you and post it for you as well.