Company Registration

Pls help me guys, I'm in a bad situation.

1) How long does it take to register a public limited with 2 millions capital?

2) How long does it take to make me a managing director of this company (initially it's a Thai local)?

I'm asking because my lawer said it would take just 7 days. I've been waiting for 30 days and I have no news from him. It's a bit strange because he's a well-known and high-recommended lawer here in Phuket. Every time I asked him about the results during the past 30 days, he was telling me 'oh maybe tomorrow...'. Well it's Thailand and I understand that things can be done slower. But not SO slow! 7 days << 30 days, 4 times. The money have already been paid, so I can't just go to another lawer.

And probably the worst thing is that I really don't know when it'll be finally registered.

I really disappointed =(

Thanks for any information.

Where is the money deposited?

I paid just for the registration, not the capital of the company (the lawer said I don't need to pay for it because he could do it by himself).

OK, that's a big relief to know. Your max loss is the registration fee.

Is there any business activity time constrained which cannot afford to wait?

Otherwise if not, be a little more patient.

OK, that's a big relief to know. Your max loss is the registration fee.

Is there any business activity time constrained which cannot afford to wait?

Otherwise if not, be a little more patient.

I've already found staff and I pay them salary. Also I lose my possible profit because I already have customers, and they would pay for my services if I got the business operations running.

Can someone answer a question about the benefit of company registration? My wife wants to open a retail business. I am concerned that if she does not incorporate prior to leasing commercial space then we could be liable personally for the full term of the lease in the event that the business is not successful and we close it.

Does anyone have experience with commercial leases in such a situation?

I thought it was a min 6 weeks process?

http://www.sunbeltle...ny-formation-3/

The problem is that every lawer tells different things: some say "4 days", some "3 months". That's very sad. It's all about their inability to take responsibility and be honest. I can imagine the quality of their 'services' in some more serious cases such as criminal legal trials... Though it was a well-known lawer! Looks like I can't trust to ANY local: nor ordinary citizens, nor police, nor authorities, and now - nor lawers. Everybody here tries to deceive you, one way or another. Everybody.

My biz needed 3 days to approve company, another 7 days to get the government papers (include weekend) and another 10 days (include weekend) to be director

So that's the problem - nobody knows how long it takes