Who Lives In Thailand?

pigeonjake

Packed up and sold up 7 years ago, and moved to Chiang Mai, having never stepped foot in Asia. Until last month, i had never left Asia in all that time.

My friends are all ages and nationalities.

Ive had conversations with Thai women, that i think men never hear (Thai or farang).

I used to be in a relationship with a Thai man (who had kids, and looked after them VERY well). Nothing bad to say about him, it just wasnt right for me in the end.

I dont have rose-tinted glasses on. There is much i love, and much i dont.

I dont watch golf tongue.png

Edit: might be 6 years, not 7. I forget.

Ive have lived in other countries and continents tho, so the concept of starting out again somewhere new, with language and culture barriers, didnt concern me.

i know some amazing thai men,although most here if not all will tell you they are all cheating wife beaters, not so.

my wifes sisters man is fantastic toher and has been for years

Is that the one who went missing and you couldn't be bothered to find him?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how do others read at all with their blinkers on.

this is a great country, but even roses smell like sh$t if not perfumed.

But never forget that roses are grown in sh$t, the better the sh$t earlier on, the sweeter the scent later.................wink.png

how do others read at all with their blinkers on.

this is a great country, but even roses smell like sh$t if not perfumed.

But never forget that roses are grown in sh$t, the better the sh$t earlier on, the sweeter the scent later.................wink.png

I don't think its worth persisting with someone that adds perfume to roses

Packed up and sold up 7 years ago, and moved to Chiang Mai, having never stepped foot in Asia. Until last month, i had never left Asia in all that time.

My friends are all ages and nationalities.

Ive had conversations with Thai women, that i think men never hear (Thai or farang).

I used to be in a relationship with a Thai man (who had kids, and looked after them VERY well). Nothing bad to say about him, it just wasnt right for me in the end.

I dont have rose-tinted glasses on. There is much i love, and much i dont.

I dont watch golf tongue.png

Edit: might be 6 years, not 7. I forget.

Ive have lived in other countries and continents tho, so the concept of starting out again somewhere new, with language and culture barriers, didnt concern me.

i know some amazing thai men,although most here if not all will tell you they are all cheating wife beaters, not so.

my wifes sisters man is fantastic toher and has been for years

Is that the one who went missing and you couldn't be bothered to find him?

look at this, we all have debates, some get nasty thats true.

but here is a man that is trying to make fun, or joke about a family member going missing, this is a man who truly is as weak as a man can be, why am i even calling you a man.

scraping the bottom of the barrel with that comment really, would you say that if you were not in the comfort of your home, something you just dont say.

to resort to that i really think you have shamed yourself, as it was clearly pointed out we are working, on everything we can to find him, yet somehow you take pleasure in a comment about a family member who may have passed, put yourself in our shoes for the last three weeks, and then see what its like to have people say your doing nothing on topof that when they are absolutely dead wrong.

you have proven without doubt you are a weak prick,

no way. are you serious? you mean there are actually posters that don't live but talk shlt about this place here? blink.png

Oh yeah...I'd say about 30% of the posters here live outside of Thailand, maybe more. What do you guys think.

Sorry if this got a bit off topic and if so it can be deleted.

• Like 2

no way. are you serious? you mean there are actually posters that don't live but talk shlt about this place here? blink.png

Oh yeah...I'd say about 30% of the posters here live outside of Thailand, maybe more. What do you guys think.

I think you've done a good job helping it get back on topic.

I'm regretting getting involved in the discussion, but to avoid getting pulled back into horticulture and floristry, I'll add that I don't think the part-time residents are to blame for the vituperative spleen and racist prejudice that we see on this forum. I'd refrained from saying that earlier, since I didn't have an alternative candidate to accuse, although I think, based on what we have seen from this thread this evening, a reasonable suspect might be...

young blokes...

I reckon most of the most opinionated and obnoxious spleen comes from young blokes who think of themselves as handsome. And certainly not from older fellas who have an air of corpulent prosperity about them, and a certain cuddly and good-humoured rotundity, combined with a masculine pattern to their baldness and a devil-may-care disregard for the dictates of fashion

SC

• Like 2

Same as the OP I spend my leave in Thailand. Despite the house there, the wife etc. it would be a stretch to call it living there.

The OP might think otherwise and thats ok.

Everybody can believe in their own lies no problem.

I'm regretting getting involved in the discussion, but to avoid getting pulled back into horticulture and floristry, I'll add that I don't think the part-time residents are to blame for the vituperative spleen and racist prejudice that we see on this forum. I'd refrained from saying that earlier, since I didn't have an alternative candidate to accuse, although I think, based on what we have seen from this thread this evening, a reasonable suspect might be...

young blokes...

I reckon most of the most opinionated and obnoxious spleen comes from young blokes who think of themselves as handsome. And certainly not from older fellas who have an air of corpulent prosperity about them, and a certain cuddly and good-humoured rotundity, combined with a masculine pattern to their baldness and a devil-may-care disregard for the dictates of fashion

SC

Not to mention their fedorras and trench coats .

Same as the OP I spend my leave in Thailand. Despite the house there, the wife etc. it would be a stretch to call it living there.

I say I live at home, even though I spend most of the day in the office and most of the evening elsewhere.

I expect the guys that work on rigs don't say they live in the North Sea. The fact that the OP is staying a few weeks in a guest house in the arse-end of some god-forsaken hell-hole on the wrong side of the Forth and the Tay (did you see how I got Smokie on side there - it's only pastitche I need to worry about now...) doesn't mean that home isn't back on the farm.

SC

young blokes...

SC

Not to mention their fedorras and trench coats .

I gave away my fedora and trench coat, I think, or they went to a charity shop. The closest to cold weather clothing I have here now is my kilt... which is a bit daunting for next month's trip...

young blokes...

SC

I don't actually know many posters ages maybe 6 tops.

Please dont judge every younger member by the obnoxious rants of a very small percent.

I say I live at home, even though I spend most of the day in the office and most of the evening elsewhere.

I expect the guys that work on rigs don't say they live in the North Sea. The fact that the OP is staying a few weeks in a guest house in the arse-end of some god-forsaken hell-hole on the wrong side of the Forth and the Tay (did you see how I got Smokie on side there - it's only pastitche I need to worry about now...) doesn't mean that home isn't back on the farm.

SC

Ok fair enough.

Guess I been living here 16 years then.

And still understand fa.

Just in from work..... What a great day.... Europe pulled the golf back (OK, we must be magnanimous in victory..... GET IT UP YA'S .... Oooops... thought I was in the Brit Invasion thread again) and Tv is warming up nicely.... Are we back on track yet?..... dam_n that horticulture...it's all bullshot! smile.png

Since Jake asked in the OP for folks to stop judging, there has been more of that than in a regular beauty pageant. personally, I blame all these wretched young whippersnappers with too much time on their hands..... Just wait until January, when I dig my way of of the snow and sheep sharn, get on a plane and retire to LOS.... God help them when I don't have to go to work every day and I have time to sit on TV hunting them all down............

Errrrrrrmmmm ....are we still on topic??? There are many differing opinions about Thailand, that's OK, that's life. If your views differ from mine, I don't mind, just go <deleted> yersel' ye wee whippersna.... Oh. Sorry. We've done that bit..... bloody old age...loss of the grey matter. Don't laugh you young whelps..... you wait when you get to my age. When I was your age, we had respect for our elders....

OK, daft rant over.

I agree 100% with hedonist44. Life in Thailand, like everywhere else, is what you make it, as long as you don't try to make Thailand into something else. I moved from Englandshire to Scotland and watched a lot of other english move north and try to make it like home. In me village, we have an are called Little England, whete a buch of middle-class e*****h a$$holes live, constantly griping about life in the Highlands. (No, I do NOT live there!).. Same in Thailand. Enjoy the good things and let the nonsense flow by. I'm sure when I get there I won't be so sanguine, but I'll give it a damned good shot. Nowhere is perfect, but we can make it fun and get some laughs along the way. I've worked all my life, and now I am going to enjoy whatever time I have.left..... not waste it moaning and groaning about things I can't change.

• Like 1

i'm sure the younger ones may agree.

its better to be one of the honest outcasts right now, then a mushroom.

....more <deleted>..... before it was bullsh1te, now it's horsesh1te.......Mushrooms grow well in horesh1te.....

May I humbly and sincerely ask you which part of "stay on topic" are you unable to understand?

Darn.... there's never a horse around when you need one is there?

• Like 1

....more <deleted>..... before it was bullsh1te, now it's horsesh1te.......Mushrooms grow well in horesh1te.....

May I humbly and sincerely ask you which part of "stay on topic" are you unable to understand?

There was a fella on another thread flogging a horse, but it turned out to be dead. I was lucky to get my two quid back that I paid for the raffle ticket...Iwas tempted not to bother, and just let sleeping dogs lie.

SC

There was a fella on another thread flogging a horse, but it turned out to be dead. I was lucky to get my two quid back that I paid for the raffle ticket...Iwas tempted not to bother, and just let sleeping dogs lie.

SC

Glad you saved your money, cos my ticket got drawn. biggrin.png

i would like to say thank you there has been some very honest answers here, and to be honest not to much bickering

to them that say i dont live in thailand, thats up to you,

when i leave scotland ill be coming home, and that is our farm in sakoe province, thats my home, when the uk tax man sends me a letter thats were it comes to,

im not botherd what others think,

yes guest house you live and work in bangkok,

so did i for a while, i was operations manager of a stainless steel fabrication shop,

the reason i left that job, simple, i was still working away from my home for far far less money then i can earn working in different countrys all over the world,

so yes i work away from my home, but at this time thailand will be my home, and long may it last,

so ill say thank you to all that do understand me, and to them that dont,

im not botherd think what you like,

the reason i started this wasnt just to find out who lived here,

it was to find out if the experts who seem to post so much on here about many many things, mostly about girls ripping people off,

it was to try and ask if they lived here, or are they just posting on there experiance of a 2 week holiday,

jake

Edited by pigeonjake

the reason i started this wasnt just to find out who lived here,

it was to find out if the experts who seem to post so much on here about many many things, mostly about girls ripping people off,

it was to try and ask if they lived here, or are they just posting on there experiance of a 2 week holiday,

jake

Those of us who live here have seen it many times and heard the stories from the men it happened to.

It's the people who don't live here, who don't (want to) believe what many of their ladies get up to while they are away.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

thers another way to look at my situation,

guest house,,,, when i was married in the uk, i had a house, wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs, and lots of racing pigeons,

you got that,,??

but gues what,, i still worked away from home, all the time,

did i live there with my wife,?

if not were then have you got me living??

smokie,

one for you buddy,, were ever i lay my hat thats my homeclap2.gifcheesy.gif

thers another way to look at my situation,

guest house,,,, when i was married in the uk, i had a house, wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs, and lots of racing pigeons,

you got that,,??

but gues what,, i still worked away from home, all the time,

did i live there with my wife,?

if not were then have you got me living??

smokie,

one for you buddy,, were ever i lay my hat thats my homeclap2.gifcheesy.gif

I forget what I did with my fedora. Maybe it went to a charity shop.