Super Fast Visa Approval

A friend of mines girlfriend went to the Embassy today to apply for a visa to the UK.

After a two minute interview her visa was approved and she has to return on Monday to collect it.

I'm over the moon for them, especially as the process was so quick and painless, from reading posts on here I thought it was a hard task and there was a long waiting period for interviews.

They had prepared well and made sure they had all the correct information when going to the embassy so I'm sure this played a part in the speed.

totster

It took some planning of dates to tie up with when i'd arrive in thailand - but essentially my wifes visa experience was the same - took longer to get in and out of the building than the interview and approval - had to collect the passport an hour later.... job done!

They had prepared well and made sure they had all the correct information when going to the embassy so I'm sure this played a part in the speed.
No doubt about it. If the application is prepared properly and all the information provided, then getting a UK visa really is as quick and painless as your friend found it.

No doubt about it. If the application is prepared properly and all the information provided, then getting a UK visa really is as quick and painless as your friend found it.

It's good to know.. I'd got the impression it was a lot harder :o

totster :D

A little more information about this case would be appreicated.

1. What type of VISA?

2. If it was for visitor VISA, does she own enough assets to show her ties to Thailand? Was your friend sponsoring her trip?

Why would you like to know ?

totster :o

A little more information about this case would be appreicated.

1. What type of VISA?

2. If it was for visitor VISA, does she own enough assets to show her ties to Thailand? Was your friend sponsoring her trip?

Why would you like to know ?

Because it would help other members preparing to apply for a visa.

Also, you friends G/f must have had good circumstances with regards as to getting a visa. Not all visa applications are as easy and painless as said, your friend and his G/f are one of the lucky ones.

Anyway, congratulations :D

Also, you friends G/f must have had good circumstances with regards as to getting a visa. Not all visa applications are as easy and painless as said, your friend and his G/f are one of the lucky ones.
I used to work in sales, and my boss was fond of saying "The harder I work, the luckier I get."

True with a visa application, too.

my wife has got her interview on the 4th march lets hope it goes the same way !! can someone tell me if this is true i have just been informed that i CANNOT go into the interview?

As far as i know. You will NOT be in the interview with her. I'm sure you will have a seperate interview if you are applying for something more than a tourist visa.

My missus got her visa no problems either.(tourist visa) We are married officially nearly a year. She has a great job. Works in media. I have a job to come back to as does she. Went in 7.30am and was out 9.30am. Interview only took 1-2 minutes. Welll Mrs Jockstar come back on Tuesday and pick up passport. It is that easy. If you have enough info and dont look like a bar girl, have a good enough reason to return to LOS. Then IT IS that easy.

my wife has got her interview on the 4th march lets hope it goes the same way !! can someone tell me if this is true i have just been informed that i CANNOT go into the interview?

From what my mate told me you are not even allowed to go into the visa section due to overcrowding.

With regards to the visa I'm not really sure.. but taking a guess from the price they paid it was a visitors visa.

I don't feel comfortable speaking about their circumstances, my point was that they prepared well and got as much supporting info together as they could.

Whether or not she has assetts etc is not important for everyone to know IMHO , because each application is different, what applies for her may not apply for others due to other circumstances. As long as everyone takes the time to prepare all the information possible, then thats all you can do, just hope it's enough to convince the staff, or at least not make them doubt... Just my opinion.

From what my mate told me you are not even allowed to go into the visa section due to overcrowding.

With regards to the visa I'm not really sure.. but taking a guess from the price they paid it was a visitors visa.

I don't feel comfortable speaking about their circumstances, my point was that they prepared well and got as much supporting info together as they could.

Whether or not she has assetts etc is not important for everyone to know IMHO , because each application is different, what applies for her may not apply for others due to other circumstances. As long as everyone takes the time to prepare all the information possible, then thats all you can do, just hope it's enough to convince the staff, or at least not make them doubt... Just my opinion.

totster :D

Currently, due to overcrowding problems, applicants only are allowed into the visa section at the British embassy in Bangkok. Even at embassies where sponsors are allowed into the visa section ( and when they were at Bangkok) they are not allowed into the actual interview. It is the applicant that is being interviewed, not the sponsor. One of the reasons for this is to try and prevent coaching and collusion between sponsor and applicant. In the highly unlikely event of the ECO wishing or needing to speak to the sponsor then they can call you into the interview room (even if you are waiting outside the embassy) but if they did so then the applicant would be asked to wait outside the interview room.

You seem to be reluctant to give any more than minimal info on the girls circumstances. Certainly many visa applications are not this simple at all. She must have a good job , very good, and or property in Thailand to satisfy the ECO so quickly. Of course , theres never been much doubt that if the applicant has a great job and/or property then getting a visa is almost easy. Its the majority of other Thais who don't have this for whom getting a visa is much harder .

You can prepare all you want , but no good job or concrete reason to return , then no visa is the most likely outcome. Its not all about proper preparation and documentation, you still have to satisfy the ever more stringent criteria. In your case you did , so well done !!

SILOMFAN