Trouble Accessing Xbox Live In Thailand

bristoltobangkok

I've just moved to Bangkok and have brought my UK Xbox 360 with me. I'm aware that there isn't an official Live service in Thailand, but from poking about on here I see that many people are able to access and play on Live from here. Mine connects to our network fine (it can stream from our NAS drive just fine), but when I first log in to Live and when I try and download any updates, check out my friends or access the marketplace, I get an error 80072746. I've been through and done all the normal things - deleting marketplace cache, port forwarding etc - but nothing is helping. Running the network check on the Xbox shows that all is connecting fine - although that also throws up the error message stating that not all content is available. Has anyone else had this problem please?

If it's of any use, I currently only have a silver membership (although I should still be able to access the marketplace with that) and the locale on my machine is set to UK. I've also tried it with US and Singapore but neither have helped at all.

Assistance would be hugely appreciated as I'm desperate to get online!

Thanks

Sam

• 2 weeks later...

I experienced the same error when i signed up last week- but i did find a solution. I have a xbox live profile set to Singapore, and 3 months gold and True company internet connection- even with these i had the same error/problem as you. The solution that worked for me was to connect to xbox live using my iphone personal hotspot 3G connection; with this i was able to access market place and download games (skyrim, walking dead) as well as get critical game updates for those games where i already had the disc. With the 'unlimited' iphone internet package you get 2 GB per month, an additional 1 GB costs 250 baht- skyrim- one of the biggest games out these is 3.5GB. Download times are slow, but at least it works.

I don't really play online so that's not really an issue at the moment and i havent tried it via the iphone.

Ah fair enough. If you connect via 3G Live is still going to detect a Thai IP I'd have thought; so I guess this means that True are blocking it

I dont know the reason behind it-- but i think many gamers can connect through TRUE here, so maybe we are just unlucky- would be good if someone else can chip in if they get xbox live through local internet providers without a VPN...

Just tried chatting to True again to resolve this. Thought I was getting somewhere, and then halfway through he sent me a link to a picture of an Xbox and asked if this was it. Not holding out much hope of them fixing it!

Ha! Let me know if they give you a fix...

I take it back; True have fixed it! They remoted in to my computer and messed about with the router a little bit. They removed the Firewall which is obviously not good, and told me that when I want to play Xbox I should just take the Firewall off: NOT COOL. However, I connected to the Marketplace and then tested putting the Firewall back on mid-download, and it's still working! So, no idea what they did, but it worked!

It's a piece of cake. Enter your router ip -probably 192.168.1.1 if you haven't altered it. Enter the login details which are on top of your router. I think it's in advanced and then firewall-depending on what router you have. Maybe try turning it off, connecting the Xbox and sticking it straight back on-never leave it off. Another thing I noticed them doing was disabling the annoying landing page that sometimes comes up. They also reset the router using the software route rather than turning the power off. If you get stuck give me a shout-I can video how it's done if necessary. As I say, no idea what else they did when they were poking about-hopefully the above is all that's needed