Buy Espresso Machine Bangkok

whoppe78

I was surprised to notice a range of imported coffee machines in our local Macro last week -- and that was in Sisaket. So .... maybe your local Macro.

The home-wares center on the top floor of The Emporium shopping centre out around Sukhumvit Soi 24 would be my first choice ... amazing range of quality stuff.

I was surprised to notice a range of imported coffee machines in our local Macro last week -- and that was in Sisaket. So .... maybe your local Macro.

The home-wares center on the top floor of The Emporium shopping centre out around Sukhumvit Soi 24 would be my first choice ... amazing range of quality stuff.

But at how much more expensive as back home.. i swear the prices here really are crazy. Buying it on ebay or somewhere else and importing it to Thailand is worth it even if you get taxed.

Robinson's, huge department store, many of them dotted about Bangkok. choice of machines.

Starbuck's is another alternative, many of them sell the machines and coffee to go with it.

Edited by CharlieH

But at how much more expensive as back home.. i swear the prices here really are crazy. Buying it on ebay or somewhere else and importing it to Thailand is worth it even if you get taxed.

until it goes wrong.

I got my machine directly through the net, price of these machines are crazy here in Thailand, the coffee capsulls are very expensive here as well, about 300 baht per pack ( 10 caps per pack ), i buy them during my regular visits to Dubai, 190 baht over per pack over there.

that is the big advantage if Amazon has something no hassle with the customs tax....you order and what you pay is what you pay. No surprises with customs.

That peace of mind would be worth to pay more but actually it less....

Recently I bought a bread-making-machine at Amazon.de. You pay shipping costs which are reasonable, import tax and the product costs minus the German VAT.

Just today they refunded me 56 Euro of the 60 Euro which they charged my card for import tax in advance.....

While Ebay some companies like to cheat you for the shipping cost, some are scared to send to Thailand and some are great but always you need to ask and worry.

Central has a range of expresso machines as well. The basic high pressure ones are around 9,000 baht.

If you import one, you might want to try to get a brand and model that is sold here for half a chance of parts, (coffee holders and seals etc).

Verasu offers quite a few.

http://www.verasu.co...ories.php?cid=3

http://www.verasu.com/product_detail.php?pid=379

i have this one at my beach house, cheap and cheerful and going strong for a year.

I have a similar one by electrolux in bangkok and it has been going strong for over a year as well. It seems better made, but is likely exactly the same inside though it was about 9k.

if it cacks, ill get something like a la pavoni, but until then im very pleased.

until it goes wrong.

That is the risk you take.. you either pay the rip off prices here or import yourself. I imported a rowing machine all in all 56k (taxes shipping ect) here it goes for 90k. Often imported goods go for crazy prices here. I don't mind someone making a buck on me.. but on stuff like this its just too much.

I import things like that with Amazon....works better than buying in Thailand

How much is tax and duty for espresso machines?

for the espresso I don't know, I let my mother carry it when she visit me. She showed it at customs at the airport and they were to lazy to even open their mouth and only showed her to move on.

As example the bread backing machine, don't know if it can be compared:

To roughly translate the German:

It was 114.74 Euro minus the German VAT (I guess 20 %)=96.42

Shipping: 40 Euro (needed 3 days, came with UPS) and that thing is big and heavy...can be compared with a coffee machine.

Pre-paid tax: 60 Euro...3 month later refunded 56 Euro.

If it sound expensive...think, how much it costs to go to several shops and buy there for the double price+have all the taxi rides.

Or import yourself, with shipping surely more expensive than 40 Euro and don't know what troubles at customs....

With Amazon you know what you pay before (no I don't work for them...I am only impressed that something worked....)

(Attention USA and Thailand have different Voltage, that is the reason I used Amazon.de, but I guess Amazon in UK, Italy, Spain etc etc will do the same for non German speaker).

Versand: Internationale Express-Zustellung

Artikel: EUR 96,42

Verpackung & Versand: EUR 40,00

------

Gesamtsumme ohne MwSt.: EUR 136,42

MwSt.: EUR 0,00

Vorauszahlung der Importgebühr: EUR 60,14

------

Gesamtbetrag: EUR 196,56

Lieferung voraussichtlich: 8. August 2012 - 21. August 2012

1 "Unold-electro 68511 Backmeister Extra"

Haushaltswaren; EUR 114,74

Auf Lager.

Verkauf durch: Amazon.de

And do not buy the expensive descaling liquid from the manufacturers.

Small jar of citric acis in dry form 20 baht for enough descallings for 10 times.

I use the drinking water in the bottles and last time I measured it, it had zero hardness. No need for descaling or just at very long intervals.

Hi, Whoppe78, depend by your budget and by your interest in any after sale service but in Bangkok you can find many companies specialized in these items.

Aroma in Sukhumvit 39, Bluekoff in Lad Prao, Boncafe' ( I don't remember the address) , just check their web site, these are the biggest companies which can sale coffee machines and coffee offering to you even an eventually warranty or at least an after sale service.

We are a small company but we are focused in high end products.

Have a good kuppa

Giampiero