Foolish German Man Falls In Love

Mobi

Foolish German man falls in love

But loses his shirt in dowry scam German national Mr Heinrich Baysern, aged 76, is completely devastated after a 23 year old Thai girl led him up the garden path rather than to the altar of marriage. He arrived at Pattaya police station on January 25 in a distraught state and poured out his heart to police inspector Prateep Thongdee who listened with sympathy and understanding. Mr Baysern tearfully explained that he had decided to retire in Thailand as he had heard that the ladies were very fond of ancient farangs and very glad to take care of their every need for what (in euro terms) is a mere pittance. So he arrived here last year and initially enjoyed himself visiting beer bars every night and occasionally enjoying a horizontal leisure activity. But this was not enough in itself, so he decided to fall in love and chose Miss Urai (family name withheld) who was aged 23 and hailed from Udon Thani. She explained she was a former pub worker on the North Pattaya Road, but fortunately had seen the error of her ways and was now ready to settle down with a foreigner, even one was past the first bloom of youth. The European Union national grew fonder of his acquisition by the day and eventually proposed marriage to her on bended knee. She graciously accepted with due pomp and circumstance, but explained that in Thailand it was customary for the potential husband to award a dowry to the relatives of the wife-to-be. Mr Baysern said he understood completely as such a practice in Germany went back to the Dark Ages. The young woman asked for 1 million baht to be transferred to her bank account as her parents were so poor that they did not have one of their own. Mr Baysern calculated the worth of his pension and said that he only had 970,000 baht to transfer. Therefore, Miss Urai contacted her parents who said they were a bit disappointed with the shortfall, but wouldn’t make a fuss. Mr Baysern then instructed his bank in Germany to credit the Thai lady’s account. Several days later, the German man decided to visit the flat of Miss Urai as he wanted to discuss the details of the marriage ceremony. The questions he had in mind concerned where the marriage would be, how many would attend and what arrangements needed to be made about the honeymoon. He struggled up the steps in the apartment house, but Miss Urai was not there. He then asked at reception, but was told Miss Urai had checked out with her Thai husband some hours before. They were apparently in a most cheerful mood after a visit to her bank.

PATTAYA TODAY.

A familiar story, :D:D but oh so Booootifully written :o:D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foolish German man falls in love

But loses his shirt in dowry scam German national Mr Heinrich Baysern, aged 76, is completely devastated after a 23 year old Thai girl led him up the garden path rather than to the altar of marriage. He arrived at Pattaya police station on January 25 in a distraught state and poured out his heart to police inspector Prateep Thongdee who listened with sympathy and understanding. Mr Baysern tearfully explained that he had decided to retire in Thailand as he had heard that the ladies were very fond of ancient farangs and very glad to take care of their every need for what (in euro terms) is a mere pittance. So he arrived here last year and initially enjoyed himself visiting beer bars every night and occasionally enjoying a horizontal leisure activity. But this was not enough in itself, so he decided to fall in love and chose Miss Urai (family name withheld) who was aged 23 and hailed from Udon Thani. She explained she was a former pub worker on the North Pattaya Road, but fortunately had seen the error of her ways and was now ready to settle down with a foreigner, even one was past the first bloom of youth. The European Union national grew fonder of his acquisition by the day and eventually proposed marriage to her on bended knee. She graciously accepted with due pomp and circumstance, but explained that in Thailand it was customary for the potential husband to award a dowry to the relatives of the wife-to-be. Mr Baysern said he understood completely as such a practice in Germany went back to the Dark Ages. The young woman asked for 1 million baht to be transferred to her bank account as her parents were so poor that they did not have one of their own. Mr Baysern calculated the worth of his pension and said that he only had 970,000 baht to transfer. Therefore, Miss Urai contacted her parents who said they were a bit disappointed with the shortfall, but wouldn’t make a fuss. Mr Baysern then instructed his bank in Germany to credit the Thai lady’s account. Several days later, the German man decided to visit the flat of Miss Urai as he wanted to discuss the details of the marriage ceremony. The questions he had in mind concerned where the marriage would be, how many would attend and what arrangements needed to be made about the honeymoon. He struggled up the steps in the apartment house, but Miss Urai was not there. He then asked at reception, but was told Miss Urai had checked out with her Thai husband some hours before. They were apparently in a most cheerful mood after a visit to her bank.

PATTAYA TODAY.

A familiar story, :D:D but oh so Booootifully written :o:D

There's the young and foolish years and then there's the old and foolish years! Probably lose more when you are old and foolish! This MIGHT not have happened if he had selected a lady in her forties, half his age - he should have seen this coming!

I feel sorry for him, losing a big wedge at an age when its difficult to make it back, yeah if was us we would have seen it coming, if we were his mate we may have warned him, and he would said, "no but this ones different ..." etc , but he still the victim of a scam, and gets my sympathy

so this guys pension totalled to less than a million baht.... and he lost the *ing lot in one afternoon :D

that's gotta hurt.... :o

doesnt say when he arrived - other than last year - but you usually get to hear the horror stories and potential pitfalls within the first couple of days/weeks

obviously in this case "love" was'nt just blind - it was barking mad too.

Never Ceases to amaze me................

If he is that gulliable, I am amazed that at the ripe old age of 70+ he still had 1 million baht to transfer. Musct come from a small town in Germany.

I think you would find, that money was all he could get his hands on at short notice. I'm sure he has quite a lot more, probably tied up, AND a good pension to boot. A hard lesson for anyone to learn, as, I'm sure many tV members know from their own experience. I hear these stories everyday, literally.

I hope he can pick up on his planned retirement, without being too dissolutioned with this wonderful, full of wonderful people, land. :o

it's fraud, I hope the police catch up to them, obtaining money by deception, arrest them and put them in jail.

There are scams and scams and being the tolerent chappy I am I would normally take a view that a girl has got to eat and buy gold and that....... but this one was taking the p****s. 100K 250K is a lesson learned but 1 million is just a bit nasty. If the police dont nick her if I were the Kraut the remains of my pension would be invested in requesting a fit young off duty police officer visit the ex fiance and husband.

I dont know who it is that writes these articals in Pattaya Today but they can make even the saddest story seem quit funny. There reports on shootings and balcony diving allways leave me with a smile on my face :o

No thats just you..Taking great pleasure from others misery...

You horrible man.

The writing is funny - no doubt about it. As for the content well thats speaks for itself.