Price For A Delivery (Birth) In A Public Hospital?

Tchooptip

My daughter in law gave birth to a little boy last week, she lives currently with her boy friend in Samui but she went to my wife's parents house in North, so she can be looked after since her boy friend works as a delivery man. By the way he earns 8500 Bahts a month, and she told me she had to pay 20000 Bahts for the hospital, of course I will help. Not that I am suspicious, but is it a more or less normal price for a public hospital in North Thailand ? ( Bueng Kan)

Not 30 baht if using a private room or C-section I suspect. And as taken out of area there likely was no 30 baht option for minimal service even if registered. I believe our family paid such, at government hospital here in Bangkok ten years ago but I do not recall the exact amount.

As noted, she could have had a delivery free (or for a 30 baht copay if the hospital bothers to collect it) at the government hospital where she is registered. So she incurred an avoidable cost by choosing to deliver elsewhere.

As to whether that would be 20,000 baht, sounds a bit high to me if it was a natural delivery. I'd suggest you ask to see the hospital receipts.