Table Place Mats At Restaurants

toenail

I do not consider myself a hygiene fanatic, but I swear 4-5 of the restaurants I have visited the past 5--7 years constantly use the same place mats. As soon as they place my silverware on one of those woven Thai placemats, I cringe; for I know they cannot be washed. I'd rather have a sheet of paper used as a place mat. --And then you think of the number of people that have hacked and slopped over these mats, I wonder if I should just eat without one.

Thoughts?

Yes, they certainly are disgusting. I would never even use them at home.

I get upset when I see the little kitchen (German) cockroaches walking all over the tables - and big rats the size of cats running around. It seems the Thais keep them as pets.

Edited by tropo

I get upset when I see the little kitchen (German) cockroaches walking all over the tables - and big rats the size of cats running around. It seems the Thais keep them as pets.

Get upset ? - I think I'd pass out if I saw a rat that big in Pattaya - surely you've not seen them that size ??????

I always see a few skipping about down near the beach area but they're normal sized.

Get upset ? - I think I'd pass out if I saw a rat that big in Pattaya - surely you've not seen them that size ??????

I always see a few skipping about down near the beach area but they're normal sized.

Ok, maybe I exaggerated a bit - probably as big as small cats. Yes, I've seen the hopping about those open Thai restaurants.

As much as I agree with the poster the thing I notice about Thailand compared with Spain, and other countries I have been to is I do not recall ever getting a stomach bug in Thailand which was the norm for every holiday in Europe.

The other thing is most places do not put the cutlery on the mat but on the table which is cleaned regally.

we use woven table mats at our restaurant, we wash them on a daily basis or rather my wife does.

why do you assume other wise

also our kitchen hygiene is top notch regular clean down with disinfectant sprayed 2-3 times a week to keep roaches at bay

not all restaurants are a health hazard

we use woven table mats at our restaurant, we wash them on a daily basis or rather my wife does.

also our kitchen hygiene is top notch regular clean down with disinfectant sprayed 2-3 times a week to keep roaches at bay

Ok, but there must be a reason that you make no mention about cat sized rats laugh.pnglaugh.png

Ok, but there must be a reason that you make no mention about cat sized rats laugh.pnglaugh.png

no rats here why should there be ?