Family Cars

aniMAL

Has anyone got 3 children under 3 years old? What kind of car do you have?

We are still mainly in the UK at present, but will move full time next year. We were planning on a Fortuner or Pajero. Now we have twins due in a few months! I know Fortuner ect has 7 seats, but 3 full seats that could fit 3 car seats would be better. Like Ford Galaxay ect

PS

Do any cars there have isofix fittings for car seats. I test drove a few last time, but forgot to check whistling.gif

We have 4 kids (including a set of twins). We drive a KIA Carnival. The back seat can fit 3 narrower carseats. The middle row is two chairs that can revolve and rearface, which made it much easier for getting all 4 into carseats. The space behind the back seat can easily fit a twin stroller. Ours came with a rack on top which also helps with extra luggage. Only 2 things we don't like about it 1) a tiny bit more expensive for repairs, 2) the turn radius sucks.

Do you want a city car or country car?

Serious question as the Pajaro, Fortuner Ford Everest (Which the wife just got) are good, but if your living in a city I'd go for something like the other suggestions here, I liked the Malaysian Proton People Carrier, the Hyundai is also great but double the cost.

If your out in the country, then those cars (based on previous 2 cars we owned) will not be as good as a Fortuner/Everest/Pajaro etc.

So think about where your going to be doing day to day driving.

A big car in the city and narrow Soi's isn't fun.