Best Eggs Benedict In Bangkok

Lonewolf77

I have been trying to hunt down the best eggs benedict in Bangkok. I think I found them last Saturday @ Bangkok bakery company out the front of the JW Marriott hotel, if anyone else knows any places I should try, would love to know;-)

Edited by Lonewolf77

Avoid the cafe on soi 8, on the right, just inside the soi. Worst excuse for an egg benedict I've ever seen.

In their defense i should add that their sandwiches are pretty good.

sent from my Android phone

• 2 weeks later...

I tried eggs Benedict at the new TWG cafe on the ground floor of Emporium and at The Nine on Rama 9 and they were not good. If you are ever in Sydney, the EB anywhere in Glebe are fantastic and I am still looking for similar in Thailand and will try Verandah and Bourbon St.

Without the shadow of a doubt , at the Verandah , Oriental hotel for breakfast.

They have the classic eggs benedict , and also have a variation with crabmeat that is also super yummy.

Expensive ( around 800 THB) but well worth it IMHO.

Yep, agree on The Verandah, a great place for breakfast.

They have the classic eggs benedict , and also have a variation with crabmeat that is also super yummy.

Tempting but, 800 Baht?

Hmmmm.....

Tempting but, 800 Baht?

Hmmmm.....

I was staying there for a week

Tempting but, 800 Baht?

Hmmmm.....

I was staying there for a week

laugh.png Go on then....tell us what's the best breakfast to go for then?

Oriental is a bit far from my perfectly decent hotel two minutes from the Crossbar....tongue.png

Well, The Dubliners Fry up was always good Smokes. Personally, I prefer something a little more traditional as in a British Style fry up. Where you recommend?

Wish I knew mate. I will have a search and let ya know next month....

Next month.......we can't wait that long biggrin.png There is nothing like a proper full English but I want proper mustard and brown sauce there is your mission Smokie. smile.png

Regarding eggs benny I tend to do my own, I've found the sauce isn't that good here and just doesn't have the bite, I also like smoked salmon or gravlax instead of ham. I'm horrible at poached eggs so I tried this for poached and it is fantastic. Sauce is also easy peasy to make.

OP if you find something decent report back please I love food reviews.

Mustard and brown sauce eh? :D

Try Chequers brekkie on Soi 4 for that kind of fare.

I'm looking for quality sausages and bacon....perfectly fried eggs and proper mushrooms....sprinkle of black pepper.

Each to his own....a strong mug of tea isa must though! :)

• Like 1

There is a place called Roast at Seen Space on Thonglor soi 13 that makes EB. Not sure what it is like, but if it fails, then you can try the cakes downstairs at Mr. Jones which are senssaitional

Tried Roast. Taste was good, but the eggs were overcooked. Ijits.

• 4 months later...

I'm no expert on this dish but for less than 300 baht you can get it with a good (if there is such a thing here) mug of coffee at Coffee Society, located on Silom between soi 2 and the escalator up to the BTS.

BTW, where can you buy decent coffee (IMHO there's no such thing that originates in Thailand) outside of Starbucks. Can understand why they put 100% duty on imported coffee, otherwise nobody except the poorer Thai's would drink it sick.gif

Edited by snooky

Well, The Dubliners Fry up was always good Smokes. Personally, I prefer something a little more traditional as in a British Style fry up. Where you recommend?

Wish I knew mate. I will have a search and let ya know next month....

Next month.......we can't wait that long biggrin.png There is nothing like a proper full English but I want proper mustard and brown sauce there is your mission Smokie. smile.png

Regarding eggs benny I tend to do my own, I've found the sauce isn't that good here and just doesn't have the bite, I also like smoked salmon or gravlax instead of ham. I'm horrible at poached eggs so I tried this for poached and it is fantastic. Sauce is also easy peasy to make.

OP if you find something decent report back please I love food reviews.

Bourbon St offer 3 options.... Traditional style with Canadian Bacon, or Crab Cakes or Salmon

Have tried both the traditional and with crab cakes, but haven't tried the Salmon yet...

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app