Abhisit Pens Account Of 2010 Red-Shirt Riots

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A shame there is no "I" in pens...would be a more interesting read

So Dr Roberts is more interested in penisses.

yuk yuk, you got it. sorry to disappoint, but really only interested in the singular form and that which is attached to self.

how confusing for the book shops, will they display this in the fiction or non fiction section? My guess it will be in the fiction section wink.png

Only the illiterate judge books by their covers.

Who mentioned the cover?

I simply asked is it fiction or non fiction, but nice try and trying to completely alter what I said to try and flame me, oh no wait, it wasn't even a nice try rolleyes.gif

Waffle

Explain to me, how the PM at the time of an event that he was involved with could have anything other than a political view on what was a political crisis. In fact I think it would be very hard to not have a political view on a political situation.

We may as well discount and dismiss everyone's view then, as who doesn't have some sort of a political view on a political situation? Don't need to be a PM or a politician to have a political view.

I understand your impatient desperation to discredit this book before you have the remotest clue what is written inside it, but perhaps if you did read it first, discrediting it might be both easier and carry a little more weight.

people are discrediting what he has said regarding the book and rightly so.

you don't seem to disagree with that, so what's your problem?

is it your projection onto others that people have already denounced the whole book as all nonsense, because that's just not the case but it's the case you're trying to make.

you're the one jumping to extremes.

actually the laughter is not at my own comment, it's his comment i laughed at.

so maybe you and that other guy you quoted should take a walk together in that 'other direction' and take a good dose each of reality while ye're at it.

Reality is commenting on a book you've yet to read?

reality is realising that it's ridiculous to think that abhisit has wrote a book without any political slant.

if you don't realise the ridiculousness of his statement, then you don't acknowledge an obvious reality.

but why would you? it's abhisit afterall.

I'll wager his English is superior to yours!

lose the argument, attack the poster.... and then back to play school.

is it your projection onto others that people have already denounced the whole book as all nonsense, because that's just not the case but it's the case you're trying to make.

When someone says they think the book will be fiction, that doesn't mean they think it will have a political slant, it means they think it will be made up. Books of fiction come from a person's imagination. Stating that you think Abhisit has imagined all that is written in this book, when you haven't even seen it, much less read it, isn't discrediting Abhisit's comments about it not having a political slant, it is discrediting the book itself.

I'm not jumping to extremes. You and your red fellows are eagerly and impatiently jumping to discredit something that might dare challenge your beliefs, and you dismiss it before you even know what it is. If you can't be open-minded, why not at least feign as if you are? Why not say something like, i reserve judgment until i have read what he has written. Even if you have already made your mind up, it doesn't matter, nobody will know - at least then, after you have read it, it will sound credible when you make a joke of it and declare it a work of fiction, as carra did.

• Like 1

When someone says they think the book will be fiction, that doesn't mean they think it will have a political slant, it means they think it will be made up. Books of fiction come from a person's imagination. Stating that you think Abhisit has imagined all that is written in this book, when you haven't even seen it, much less read it, isn't discrediting Abhisit's comments about it not having a political slant, it is discrediting the book itself.

I'm not jumping to extremes. You and your red fellows are eagerly and impatiently jumping to discredit something that might dare challenge your beliefs, and you dismiss it before you even know what it is. If you can't be open-minded, why not at least feign as if you are? Why not say something like, i reserve judgment until i have read what he has written. Even if you have already made your mind up, it doesn't matter, nobody will know - at least then, after you have read it, it will sound credible when you make a joke of it and declare it a work of fiction, as carra did.

everything that you just said is in your imagination only, you continue to project a load of bs onto what my opinion actually is.

'fiction' 'imagination'.... please show me where i said those words.....

and this whole 'you and your red fellows' baloney may add a bit of excitment to your life, but it's non-existent.

i speak my own mind.

Edited by nurofiend

everything that you just said is in your imagination only, you continue to project a load of bs onto what my opinion actually is.

and this whole 'you and your red fellows' baloney may add a bit of excitment to your life, but it's non-existent.

i speak my own mind.

You said: is it your projection onto others that people have already denounced the whole book as all nonsense, because that's just not the case but it's the case you're trying to make.

(my underlining)

You didn't say: is it your projection onto me that I have already denounced the whole book as all nonsense, because that's just not the case but it's the case you're trying to make.

(my underlining)

So you were speaking for not only yourself, but for other people and therefore my response was directed not just at you, but at those people who you were speaking for.

i speak my own mind.

Strange, everything you write shows up in red. Is there something wrong with my computer or is it imagination?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

how confusing for the book shops, will they display this in the fiction or non fiction section? My guess it will be in the fiction section wink.png

Only the illiterate judge books by their covers.

Who mentioned the cover?

I simply asked is it fiction or non fiction, but nice try and trying to completely alter what I said to try and flame me, oh no wait, it wasn't even a nice try rolleyes.gif

The proverbial cover. Wriggle wriggle

i speak my own mind.

You said: is it your projection onto others that people have already denounced the whole book as all nonsense, because that's just not the case but it's the case you're trying to make.

(my underlining)

You didn't say: is it your projection onto me that I have already denounced the whole book as all nonsense, because that's just not the case but it's the case you're trying to make.

(my underlining)

So you were speaking for not only yourself, but for other people and therefore my response was directed not just at you, but at those people who you were speaking for.

pedantic strawman... carry on....

i speak my own mind.

Strange, everything you write shows up in red. Is there something wrong with my computer or is it imagination?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Thaivisa Connect App

maybe it's your eyesight.

i'd get that tested if i were you.

i speak my own mind.

(my underlining)

(my underlining)

Not so many people to do then.

You said i was projecting onto other people that the book was nonsense, when that was not what they were saying.

I gave a clear example of a comment by one of those people that did suggest the book was nonsense.

You counter with, but i didn't say that.

Deary me. And now you accuse me of making a pedantic strawman?! You should have left the debate when you said you would, rather than waste time trolling. How difficult would it have really been to say "ok, yes, now you point out the way i worded it, i understand why you thought i was speaking for other people"?

i speak my own mind...............

.........such as it is. The one-eye is a give-away though.