Bus Or Minivan To Kanchanaburi From Suvarnabhumi

Arrange the transport with the hotel your planing to use .

Dont go there with out having find a hotel otherwise you will pay more expensive on site and have logistic issue .

P guess house is a good value ...

Thanks for the advise but I live in Kancha!

I have a house, a car, a wife.....

I work abroad most of the time and normally I get the airport link/BTS to Vistory monument and then a van to Kancha, sometimes I get the train.

Surely there must be a bus/van straight from the airport?

?? NO-there is not-not regular. Why should there be? Only cities with decent buslinks to Swampy are on the east-coast-as they happen to just sit off the motorway there.

Those vans you saw are duplicates or replacements for innercitybus lines, in the 55x series. Most serve airport workers. And their routes are wirtten on them-both in Thai and english.

NOW this: you say you live in Kan-muang, have the wife+house there. Ever seen-or have the wife asked to look for- a direct bus? Obviously they would also come back some time. The only ones I have ever noted are prearranged hires-for the occasion.

Best choice is the ARL+minivan (most are now like small minibuses) 81 to Kan. trains is 2/day and only for dedicated raillovers-due to delays, bad service and high tourist price plus the hassle to have to cross BKK-city to reach them.

?? NO-there is not-not regular. Why should there be? Only cities with decent buslinks to Swampy are on the east-coast-as they happen to just sit off the motorway there.

Those vans you saw are duplicates or replacements for innercitybus lines, in the 55x series. Most serve airport workers. And their routes are wirtten on them-both in Thai and english.

NOW this: you say you live in Kan-muang, have the wife+house there. Ever seen-or have the wife asked to look for- a direct bus? Obviously they would also come back some time. The only ones I have ever noted are prearranged hires-for the occasion.

Best choice is the ARL+minivan (most are now like small minibuses) 81 to Kan. trains is 2/day and only for dedicated raillovers-due to delays, bad service and high tourist price plus the hassle to have to cross BKK-city to reach them.

I live in Kanchanaburi...not Kan-Muang