Any Tips On Getting To Au Bon Coin From Hotel

hazelandhoward

Sounds a daft question but we visit Pattaya every year some times twice a year and get around quite easy whether it be by walking,Bhat buses etc, we stay at the at the Royal cliff and want to go to the Au Bon Coin restaurant which we have been to before but was taken by friends who will not be there this visit so need to make our own way there, they dont supply there own taxi like a lot of restaurants,if we use our hotels limo service it is quite expensive and if we try to use a bhat bus it is most unlikley we can make them understand what restaurant or where it is, so any body got any sensible sugggestions please

H&H

That's the way it is around here.

It's a family resort where you have to accept being scammed by the taxi service or don't go.

Up to you.

It h'aint that bad sad.png man alive ! I really wonder why some people live in Pattaya.

My advice would be to have a look at one of the tourist maps once you've arrived, as a lot of them have the usual baht bus routes marked-on them. You might have to walk a bit at either end of the journey, but you'll get there at a rate of 10 baht per person if you hop-on and hop-off one of the buses on their normal route thumbsup.gif

Hi

You may have thought of it already but how about printing out their map, show it to a motorbike taxi driver and get a deal to take you there and then collect you when you are finished?

Or an empty baht bus driver.

Have Au Bon Coin`s phone number to hand, which is on the link, in case he cannot find the place.

http://www.auboncoinpattaya.com/location.htm

That has worked for me before in trying to get to and from various places.smile.png

Edited by seasia
  • Like 1

It's a family resort where you have to accept being scammed by the taxi service or don't go.

Up to you.

It h'aint that bad sad.png man alive ! I really wonder why some people live in Pattaya.

My advice would be to have a look at one of the tourist maps once you've arrived, as a lot of them have the usual baht bus routes marked-on them. You might have to walk a bit at either end of the journey, but you'll get there at a rate of 10 baht per person if you hop-on and hop-off one of the buses on their normal route thumbsup.gif

A tourist can get to AuBonCoin for 10Bt.?

Maybe if you are going with a party of 20 or more you can talk some yaba head, baht bus driver to haul you there in the back of a truck for 200Bt..

Last I checked the baht bus wanted 200Bt. for a one way trip.

The return trip could be more as they see you are stranded on the hill.

Up to you.

A tourist can get to AuBonCoin for 10Bt.?

Maybe if you are going with a party of 20 or more you can talk some yaba head, baht bus driver to haul you there in the back of a truck for 200Bt..

Last I checked the baht bus wanted 200Bt. for a one way trip.

The return trip could be more as they see you are stranded on the hill.

Yep. I'd say if you can afford to stay at the Royal Cliff, you can afford a chartered baht bus too.

Thank you all for replying...Yes we could afford the hotel limo but its the principle, we are not prepared to pay 3/400bhts one way to go some where that is only 5 mins away! we also know the bhat bus routes but as most of you will know that unfortunatly the royal cliff is off the main routes, while we have no problem walking some of the way either end which is something we often do,when i am dressed for dinner in heels etc i really prefer not to walk too far, i am quite good at bartering with the bhat bus drivers so will probebly take the advice of some of you and print a map to show them.

H & H

i am constantly amazed, amused and bemused with this forum .......... why would anyone staying at a good hotel and maybe even with limited intelligence ask such a banal, open question when at a place like that a concierge, an information desk and maps have to be available. Could it be loneliness?

i am constantly amazed, amused and bemused with this forum .......... why would anyone staying at a good hotel and maybe even with limited intelligence ask such a banal, open question when at a place like that a concierge, an information desk and maps have to be available. Could it be loneliness?

Im amazed with people who think that the information desk concierge and information desk would not want to take their cut and inflate the price. I wonder how long you have been in Thailand. Everyone tries to make a buck unless you do it yourself.

Some people don't like to pay those charges if they can do it themselves with the help of a forum.

• Like 1

Ask the Reception to write down clearly, the name and address of the restaurant in Thai language, you can then show that to the taxi driver or whoever.......... :)

I really do not see what the problem is, if you just ask at reception for them to write it down in Thai language.

Hire a car&driver for the whole day and use him to go around to other places around Pattaya the same day. Ought to be between 1-2k for a day, gasoline included.

The closest motorbike taxis I've seen near Royal Cliff were at the lighthouse bar down the road towards central Pattaya and that was during the day.

Ask the Reception to write down clearly, the name and address of the restaurant in Thai language, you can then show that to the taxi driver or whoever.......... smile.png

I really do not see what the problem is, if you just ask at reception for them to write it down in Thai language.

There in lies the answer.

Instead of replying to a post that you choose criticize, simply ignore and get on with life?

Edited by justcruisin

Thank you all for replying...Yes we could afford the hotel limo but its the principle, we are not prepared to pay 3/400bhts one way to go some where that is only 5 mins away! we also know the bhat bus routes but as most of you will know that unfortunatly the royal cliff is off the main routes, while we have no problem walking some of the way either end which is something we often do,when i am dressed for dinner in heels etc i really prefer not to walk too far, i am quite good at bartering with the bhat bus drivers so will probebly take the advice of some of you and print a map to show them.

H & H

I live in the Royal Cliff area. If you can get to Pratumnak Road, you could flag down a baht bus which would take you there for 100 baht. It would be a short walk to Pratumnak Road. If the baht bus asks for more than 100 baht wave him on and try the next one.

At the top of the hill (near police box) at Pratumnak Road you could also take 2 motorbike taxis (assuming it's only 2) for 50 baht each.

Another way would be to go out of your hotel to the road and flag down a couple of motorbike taxis.

And yet another way, there is a meter taxi stand outside the Royal Cliff. You could try to bargain with them - they'll be a lot cheaper than hotel transport.

Edited by tropo

H & H

I live in the Royal Cliff area. If you can get to Pratumnak Road, you could flag down a baht bus which would take you there for 100 baht. It would be a short walk to Pratumnak Road. If the baht bus asks for more than 100 baht wave him on and try the next one.

At the top of the hill (near police box) at Pratumnak Road you could also take 2 motorbike taxis (assuming it's only 2) for 50 baht each.

Another way would be to go out of your hotel to the road and flag down a couple of motorbike taxis.

And yet another way, there is a meter taxi stand outside the Royal Cliff. You could try to bargain with them - they'll be a lot cheaper than hotel transport.

Pretty absurd way to run a tourist town. Guests at a 5 star hotel have to put up with crap like this.

H & H

Pretty absurd way to run a tourist town. Guests at a 5 star hotel have to put up with crap like this.

5 star hotel in a 2 star country.