Everyone Should Help Restore Peace: Thai Army Chief Prayuth

webfact

Everyone should help restore peace: Prayuth

The Nation

30192849-01_big.jpg

The Army chief yesterday called on all state agencies and ministries to help in the efforts to restore peace in the far South.

BANGKOK: -- Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha said the 17 ministries and 66 state agencies should help encourage more local participation in the effort. He also said that agencies' work should be frequently evaluated, perhaps every three months, to see if they really are working to tackle violence in the Muslim-majority region.

It was not enough to leave the work to the military and police. "All the military and the police can do is enforce the law, but the problem of misunderstanding does not get fully addressed," he said.

Prayuth said the security forces would pressure the insurgents with legal means and combat strategies in order to limit their mobility and scope of operation. The Army chief said the rebels wanted to create more violence to show they still had freedom to carry out attacks.

Meanwhile, national police chief General Adul Sangsingkaew yesterday visited the southern border province of Yala to follow up on inquiries into the latest attacks in the restive region, which have claimed many lives and left many seriously injured.

Adul said he instructed local police to be on guard because insurgents were expected to resort to violence during the eighth anniversary of the Tak Bai incident on Thursday.

"I have told the police to be on guard at all times," he said.

On October 25, 2004, some 78 protesters suffocated while being transported in military trucks after mass arrests and fatal shootings at a protest outside Tak Bai police station in Narathiwat.

POLICE CHIEF VISITS TAK BAI

The police chief and his entourage yesterday also went to Tak Bai to follow up on a car-bomb attack and assault on five locations on Saturday night. He also visited a police officer injured in an insurgent attack on a police checkpoint.

Deputy Prime Minister General Yuthasak Sasiprapha said yesterday the rising frequency of attacks might have something to do with the Tak Bai anniversary.

At a Senate meeting yesterday, Senator Prasert Chitpong suggested that the government change its tactics in dealing with the insurgency. He said negotiations should be used alongside the combat strategy, citing the Philippines' success in achieving a ceasefire with Islamic insurgents after 40 years of armed conflict.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-10-23

This will be an absolute waste of time and effort because;

Islamization begins when there are sufficient Muslims in a country to agitate for their religious privileges.

When politically correct, tolerant, and culturally diverse societies agree to Muslim demands for their religious privileges, some of the other components tend to creep in as well..

Here's how it works:

As long as the Muslim population remains around or under 2% in any given country, they will be for the most part be regarded as a peace-loving minority, and not as a threat to other citizens. This is the case in:

United States -- Muslim 0..6%

Australia -- Muslim 1.5%

Canada -- Muslim 1.9%

China -- Muslim 1.8%

Italy -- Muslim 1.5%

Norway -- Muslim 1.8%

At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs. This is happening in:

Denmark -- Muslim 2%

Germany -- Muslim 3.7%

United Kingdom -- Muslim 2.7%

Spain -- Muslim 4%

Thailand -- Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population. For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply.

This is occurring in:

France -- Muslim 8%

Philippines -- 5%

Sweden -- Muslim 5%

Switzerland -- Muslim 4.3%

The Netherlands -- Muslim 5.5%

Trinidad & Tobago -- Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islamist's is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.

When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions. In Paris , we are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action offends Islam, and results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam, with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam. Such tensions are seen daily,

particularly in Muslim sections, in:

Guyana -- Muslim 10%

India -- Muslim 13.4%

Israel -- Muslim 16%

Kenya -- Muslim 10%

Russia -- Muslim 15%

After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad

militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and Jewish synagogues, such as in:

Ethiopia -- Muslim 32.8%

At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks, and ongoing militia warfare, such as in:

Bosnia -- Muslim 40%

Chad -- Muslim 53.1%

Lebanon -- Muslim 59.7%

From 60%, nations experience unfettered persecution of non-believers of all other religions (including non-conforming Muslims), sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon, and Jizya, the tax placed on infidels, such as in:

Albania -- Muslim 70%

Malaysia -- Muslim 60.4%

Qatar -- Muslim 77.5%

Sudan -- Muslim 70%

After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some State-run ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations drive out the infidels, and move toward 100% Muslim, such as has been experienced and in some ways is on-going in:

Bangladesh -- Muslim 83%

Egypt -- Muslim 90%

Gaza -- Muslim 98.7%

Indonesia -- Muslim 86.1%

Iran -- Muslim 98%

Iraq -- Muslim 97%

Jordan -- Muslim 92%

Morocco -- Muslim 98.7%

Pakistan -- Muslim 97%

Palestine -- Muslim 99%

Syria -- Muslim 90%

Tajikistan -- Muslim 90%

Turkey -- Muslim 99.8%

United Arab Emirates -- Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of 'Dar-es-Salaam' -- the Islamic House of Peace.. Here there's supposed to be peace, because everybody is a Muslim, the Madrasses are the only schools, and the Koran is the only word, such as in:

Afghanistan -- Muslim 100%

Saudi Arabia -- Muslim 100%

Somalia -- Muslim 100%

Yemen -- Muslim 100%

Unfortunately, peace is never achieved, as in these 100% states the most radical Muslims intimidate and spew hatred, and satisfy their blood lust by killing less radical Muslims, for a variety of reasons.

Good luck!

• Like 1

This is a well circulated fact sheet - however, people continue to ignore it. I guess, just keep it going like a chain letter and hope someone in a position of power here does something about the infiltration which will lead to future generations of violence.

• Like 1

Right on LizardTongue! I agree 100%. My advice is to treat others they way they treat you. "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth". We should give Islamists the same rights they give us in their country's of origin. If they don't agree, they can't enter my country. That's fair play .. old chap!

• Like 1

The problems in the South have little or nothing to do with the spread of Islam as the region is traditionally Muslim Malay and has been for hundreds of years.

A violent independence movement manifesting itself in a militant and paramilitary struggle has emerged due to several factors including the failure of the predominantly Buddhist state to recognise local language, culture and customs.

• Like 1

The problems in the South have little or nothing to do with the spread of Islam as the region is traditionally Muslim Malay and has been for hundreds of years.

A violent independence movement manifesting itself in a militant and paramilitary struggle has emerged due to several factors including the failure of the predominantly Buddhist state to recognise local language, culture and customs.

If you had read the post by lizardtongue you would see where this is predicted.

@lizardtongue....Great post, good research. Mind you...only one thing doesn't ring

true with me and it's the "infidel tax". Perhaps infidels are "taxed" in some Muslim

countries however in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Maldives, the "Stans" (and I have

worked in all of the "Stans") and to include Saudi (worked there too) and most of

the Middle East there is no such thing as a "Tax" levied on non Muslims...at least

expat non Muslims and not in any manner that appears to be a direct tax...

example...income tax....That said the price of beer if sold to non Muslims in

predominately Muslim nations is rather pricey so perhaps that's a form of

"infidel tax"...however many Muslims in these nations also drink alcohol too

so the "infidel tax" applies to them also and if it applies to them...then they're

just like the rest of the non Muslim planet! What a conundrum eh!? Mind you

...in Indonesia the beer is very good, plug for Bintang, and dam_n cheap too...

cheaper than in LOS.

• Like 1

This is a well circulated fact sheet - however, people continue to ignore it. I guess, just keep it going like a chain letter and hope someone in a position of power here does something about the infiltration which will lead to future generations of violence.

The facts and figures are taken from Dr. Peter Hammond's book: Slavery, Terrorism and Islam, the historical roots and contemporary threat. I cannot believe that the powers that be are not/have not been made aware of these statistics.

Without being or sounding over dramatic one of the main reasons the last two world wars took place was because nations sat back and did not react until it was too late, one would have thought that would have been a lesson not easily forgotten?

I do not advocate war or violence in any way shape or form however and there is always a however, I am in total agreement with CDNSKI12 post and have to say that Jerrysteve raises a valid point!

The facts and figures are taken from Dr. Peter Hammond's book: Slavery, Terrorism and Islam, the historical roots and contemporary threat. I cannot believe that the powers that be are not/have not been made aware of these statistics.

Without being or sounding over dramatic one of the main reasons the last two world wars took place was because nations sat back and did not react until it was too late, one would have thought that would have been a lesson not easily forgotten?

I do not advocate war or violence in any way shape or form however and there is always a however, I am in total agreement with CDNSKI12 post and have to say that Jerrysteve raises a valid point!

I totally agree. Complacency is going to be the undoing and as most wars in history past, it has been based on religion or trying to impose one nations belief over another and will continue to be so. If we took the man made manifestation of religion (someone wrote all the books) from the equation I am sure the world would be a better place. As religion has only been propagated by man for the last 2,000 + years, it stands to reason we must have been out of control all previous times prior... Bet that will get the fanatics wagging their collective tongues against me... ha ha ha ha. People simply have to follow and that is the nature of weakness and the fanatics capitalise on it and will continue to do so. I don't need it. Respect to your post.

For your edification here's an extensive quote from Wikipedia on the Anglo-Siamese treaty of 1909

The Anglo-Siamese Treaty of 1909 or Bangkok Treaty of 1909 was a treaty between the United Kingdom and the Kingdom of Siam signed on March 10, 1909, in Bangkok.[1] Ratifications were exchanged in London on July 9, 1909.[2]

The agreement, in which the Malay people were not represented, effectively dissected the northern Malay states into two parts. The area around modern Pattani Narathiwat , Songkhla , Satun and Yala remained under Thai control, while Thailand relinquished its claims to sovereignty over Kedah, Kelantan , Perlis and Terengganu (formerly Siamese tributary states) which integrated the British sphere of influence as protectorates. These four states, along with Johor, later became known as the Unfederated Malay States.

Originally Satun and Perlis were part of the Malay Sultanate of Kedah but only Satun remained with Thailand. Patani, Narathiwat, Songkhla and Yala were historically ruled by the Malay Sultanate of Patani.

The British logic for sanctioning the continued Thai occupation of the remaining northern half of the Malaya was the perceived value of Thailand as a friendly buffer against the French in Indochina.

Both signatories of the 1909 treaty had previously agreed to the Burney Treaty in 1826. The Burney Treaty stated that Kedah, Kelantan, Perlis and Terengganu were Thai provinces while Penang and Province Wellesley belonged to the British while Thailand would not interfere with British trade in Kelantan and Terengganu.

My point is that the current "Muslim Terrorists" were also conveniently labelled "Communist Terrorists" a generation ago and the various organs of the Thai state have received a lot of USD for "combatting" this perceived menace to US interests. Unfortunately the muslim ethnic community has never identified as part of buddhist Thailand (why should it?) and the region has been viewed as a vassal state by the puu yai before and since it's incorporation. I do not condone the terrorist acts carried out there but we should recognise the origins truthfully and identify them as "ethnic separatists." (which doesn't bring in so many dollars)

The solutions to the problem will only be found in dialogue and we should not expect the current beneficiaries to bring anything to any negotiation anytime soon as civilian deaths do not impinge on their power or profits.

Readers should also be aware that the author of the simplistic anti-islamic tract posted in this thread is a Christian fundamantalist missionary with his own "peculiar and specific world view" or "axe to grind" as they say.

Pass the vitriol please. I'm thirsty.

• Like 1

For your edification here's an extensive quote from Wikipedia on the Anglo-Siamese treaty of 1909

The Anglo-Siamese Treaty of 1909 or Bangkok Treaty of 1909 was a treaty between the United Kingdom and the Kingdom of Siam signed on March 10, 1909, in Bangkok.[1] Ratifications were exchanged in London on July 9, 1909.[2]

The agreement, in which the Malay people were not represented, effectively dissected the northern Malay states into two parts. The area around modern Pattani Narathiwat , Songkhla , Satun and Yala remained under Thai control, while Thailand relinquished its claims to sovereignty over Kedah, Kelantan , Perlis and Terengganu (formerly Siamese tributary states) which integrated the British sphere of influence as protectorates. These four states, along with Johor, later became known as the Unfederated Malay States.

Originally Satun and Perlis were part of the Malay Sultanate of Kedah but only Satun remained with Thailand. Patani, Narathiwat, Songkhla and Yala were historically ruled by the Malay Sultanate of Patani.

The British logic for sanctioning the continued Thai occupation of the remaining northern half of the Malaya was the perceived value of Thailand as a friendly buffer against the French in Indochina.

Both signatories of the 1909 treaty had previously agreed to the Burney Treaty in 1826. The Burney Treaty stated that Kedah, Kelantan, Perlis and Terengganu were Thai provinces while Penang and Province Wellesley belonged to the British while Thailand would not interfere with British trade in Kelantan and Terengganu.

My point is that the current "Muslim Terrorists" were also conveniently labelled "Communist Terrorists" a generation ago and the various organs of the Thai state have received a lot of USD for "combatting" this perceived menace to US interests. Unfortunately the muslim ethnic community has never identified as part of buddhist Thailand (why should it?) and the region has been viewed as a vassal state by the puu yai before and since it's incorporation. I do not condone the terrorist acts carried out there but we should recognise the origins truthfully and identify them as "ethnic separatists." (which doesn't bring in so many dollars)

The solutions to the problem will only be found in dialogue and we should not expect the current beneficiaries to bring anything to any negotiation anytime soon as civilian deaths do not impinge on their power or profits.

Readers should also be aware that the author of the simplistic anti-islamic tract posted in this thread is a Christian fundamantalist missionary with his own "peculiar and specific world view" or "axe to grind" as they say.

Pass the vitriol please. I'm thirsty.

I may be wrong, please correct me if so, as i dont profess to be an expert on this history, but I was of the impression that the communist terrorists/ insurgency were made up of ethnic Chinese, rather than the ethnic Malays ( Muslims)' at that time?

@FozfromOz....Foz...the Brits just added the Muslim fanatics (no Muslim terrorists back then)

to their generic list of renegades known as Communists. However you are correct in stating

that the ethnic Chinese were the Communists. That said, there was a miniscule amount of

ethnic Indian's and an even smaller amount of Malay's active in the days of the Emergency.

By most accounts, the Indian & Malay involvement back then was less than 50 people in

total.

If you had read the post by lizardtongue you would see where this is predicted.

Yes, I read that bigotted nonsense.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect App