Has The Airport Express Bus Service Been Terminated ?

JemJem

According to this site, http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/55 , the airport express bus service has been terminated. However, I haven't been able to confirm it via another source.

Actually, I was very surprised to see that it was terminated. I thought the express bus service was doing very well.

Is that info correct ? If yes, so, that means there is no more bus service (except public buses, of course) from the airport to downtown ?

Cheers,

Jem

Golly, guess you have not tried to use the AE for a while......the company running them stopped it back 1 June 2011 as they were hardly getting any pax, a few hundred a day reportedly. Only the AE2 to Khao San was doing ok.

Obvious consequence of the Airport Line opening.

Yes public buses and vans from the Transport Terminal are still possible but even the 551 into VM was stopped by the BMTA given that most were taking the train.

Take the Cityline train and then a BTS or MRT depending on your destination, a breeze all round. http://airportraillink.railway.co.th/en/

Golly, guess you have not tried to use the AE for a while......the company running them stopped it back 1 June 2011 as they were hardly getting any pax, a few hundred a day reportedly. Only the AE2 to Khao San was doing ok.

Obvious consequence of the Airport Line opening.

Yes public buses and vans from the Transport Terminal are still possible but even the 551 into VM was stopped by the BMTA given that most were taking the train.

Take the Cityline train and then a BTS or MRT depending on your destination, a breeze all round. http://airportrailli...ilway.co.th/en/

Thanks a lot for the info and suggestion.

I always hear the Khao San bus did ok so I do wonder why they don't at least continue that.

Is there a minibus thing from airport bus station to khao san still at least? I mean even then they don't want people with huge bags on it. You know that if there was another AE2 type bus from the airport bus station then pretty much all westerners going to Khao San would use it.

I mean that whole area is quite prominent so seems odd it's so tricky to get there from the airport these days.

Basically Airport Express and then cab but you'd think it'd be easier than that

They really should hsve continued the bus to KSR. Taxis treat those people unmercifully. It seems to just be getting worse and worse. My wife and I put some FB friends in a taxi at Swampy. The driver pissed us off so much we yanked them out of fhe taxi and returned the card and driver to the stand. I was pissed! The driver told us he was going to use the tolroad snd if we did not like it we could screw. Not only is the tollroad an option - it eas Sunday night after 11pm! They had four + packs and it eas crowded but would not been so much if his entire trunk not taken up by ngv tank.So you know the more than 3pax paymore scam was going to.apply + whatever else this guy eas going to get up.to.

The woman at the,stand was shocked but very supportive. We did settle it and the guy begged bis fare back. We took the paper and photos of the idtag and the plate and told him.if there was any problems first its the thai police, then tourizt police and I will personally delivwr the complaint paper back to the airport.

Crazy bastard. Sits all night for aride, then pulls some crap like this.

Ive never had problems until about a year ago. Now if possible we always tske airport link and then a taxi home for 60B. Before, was very happy to support taxis.

I avoid like plague taxis out of swampy, sai tal mai and morchit. Took taxi from departures area yesterday with thr wife. Guy was lovely.

Avoid the queues.

Edited by bangkokburning

I had an afternoon flight from DM a few months ago so plenty of time to try the train from Hualamphong Station.

Price of the ticket 5 baht (I have kept it as a souvenir).

The train was a Chiang Mai train, but third class definitely lives up to its name.

Time for the trip just over one hour.

Frequency of trains, not exactly sure but probably on average about one an hour but maybe not at regular intervals.

Not sure if I will do it again though. Just seemed a bit silly to pay nearly 400 baht for a taxi ride for a 1100 baht flight to Chiang Rai.

Sorry, this should really be in the Don Muang forum but somebody raised the question of reinstating buses to DM

Edited by rak sa_ngop

• 2 weeks later...

I had an afternoon flight from DM a few months ago so plenty of time to try the train from Hualamphong Station.

Price of the ticket 5 baht (I have kept it as a souvenir).

The train was a Chiang Mai train, but third class definitely lives up to its name.

Time for the trip just over one hour.

Frequency of trains, not exactly sure but probably on average about one an hour but maybe not at regular intervals.

Not sure if I will do it again though. Just seemed a bit silly to pay nearly 400 baht for a taxi ride for a 1100 baht flight to Chiang Rai.

Sorry, this should really be in the Don Muang forum but somebody raised the question of reinstating buses to DM

Wow, still b5! Many, many years ago I used to avoid the trafgic and scams by doing this. the great thing was it was also faster getting into the city as well. Used to train to the station, take a longtail up to Khao Sarn for b7. So, in about hour and half I went from clearing customs to my secret gh. Considering all the traffic up there at the time, it was supersonic.