Thai Muslims Protest At Danish Embassy

george

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a couple of pics which has been circulated around the muslim countries by Imams from Denmark, despite they have nothing to do with the newspaper cartoons, they have also been shown on BBC for which they did issue an apology yesterday.

The pics are from the annual French pig farmers party, nothing to do with Mohammed.

post-6353-1139502459.jpg

post-6353-1139502485.jpg

Here is a couple of pics which has been circulated around the muslim countries by Imams from Denmark, despite they have nothing to do with the newspaper cartoons, they have also been shown on BBC for which they did issue an apology yesterday.

The pics are from the annual French pig farmers party, nothing to do with Mohammed.

Correct, but actually a copy of the pic (pig :D ) was delivered, in a blank enevelope, to a Danish Imam...who made a big fuss about it....looking in a mirror perhaps?...what's the saying? "who fits the shoe......" :o

LaoPo

Correct, but actually a copy of the pic (pig :D ) was delivered, in a blank enevelope, to a Danish Imam...who made a big fuss about it....looking in a mirror perhaps?...what's the saying? "who fits the shoe......" :o

LaoPo

That was a good one Lao. :D:D:D

LaoPo

That was a good one Lao. :D:D:D

I can hardly think of anything rasher :D

i hope it is understood that those calling for the danish boycott are deadly serious, except, unfortunately, the danish muslims.

The way I read your posting indicates that you support the boycott, fortunately most of the Danish muslims are well integrated and supports their new country, so no problem there.

"Today we came here to condemn the Danish government and Danish media that published our prophet Mohammed in comedy cartoons," said Mulis Timasen, who organized the protest with a group calling themselves Muslims Love Peace.

He added that publishing the cartoons showed the media in Denmark have contempt toward Islam. "From now on Denmark has become an enemy of Muslims," he added.

Very peace loving comment :D:o:D

"Today we came here to condemn the Danish government and Danish media that published our prophet Mohammed in comedy cartoons," said Mulis Timasen, who organized the protest with a group calling themselves Muslims Love Peace.

He added that publishing the cartoons showed the media in Denmark have contempt toward Islam. "From now on Denmark has become an enemy of Muslims," he added.

Very peace loving comment :D:o:D

Very interesting to note that the cartoons were published in a newspaper in Egypt a month later (october 05). No mass protests, no killing, no problem. This cartoon saga is just a ploy by islamic leaders to casue more issues.

muslims [shiite] are enemies of muslims [ the other one] and muslims are enemies of any body that is not muslim.

dosn't leave much hope :o:D:D

muslims [shiite] are enemies of muslims [ the other one] and muslims are enemies of any body that is not muslim.

dosn't leave much hope :o:D:D

Opothai you hit it right on, the stupid cartoons has nothing to do with all this, that was just the excuse to start it.

I believe the protesting is beginning to backfire on them, with all their hypocrisy, and the media is guilty of giving them too much air time.

And it's about time, look at Indonesia today, death to Denmark and the other countries where the press printed those stupid cartoons.

They have a very short memory, it's the same countries which collected a lot of money and did whatever they could to help after the Tsunami, but that doesn't count today, the cartoons are more important. :o

i hope it is understood that those calling for the danish boycott are deadly serious, except, unfortunately, the danish muslims.

The way I read your posting indicates that you support the boycott, fortunately most of the Danish muslims are well integrated and supports their new country, so no problem there.

far from it. if the well integrated danish muslims wish to support their adopted country,i have no problem with them rallying to protest against unjust attitudes toward denmark. those who agree with the boycott should leave.

Update:

Danes urged to leave Indonesia

COPENHAGEN: -- Denmark has advised all citizens to leave Indonesia as quickly as possible.

The government says there is "a clear and present danger" from Muslim extremists angered by newspaper cartoons.

Danes should "leave Indonesia as soon as possible" because of "a significant and imminent danger for Danes and Danish interests in Indonesia", the foreign ministry said.

Denmark also has shut its embassies in Iran, Syria, Lebanon and Tunisia, and has recalled diplomatic staff from most countries.

Iran warned last night that the United States and Europe should "be made to pay" for the Danish newspaper cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad.

Muslim countries pressured Europe to rein in the "Islamophobia" behind the publication of irreverent cartoons.

--Bangkok Post 2006-02-12

I have lived in an islamic country in SEA for quite some time, and have been to many villages and talked with the local. One thing which struck me, that even though the press states the "offical position is against terrorism", there is at the grass roots level a chip on the shoulder and people like Osama are though of in a good light. Although many would not actively participate in such things, I have seen support for "the cause"

Wanting to know more about the root causes ( which i never really found out ) i read lots of history books on i.e. the crusades, establishment of Israel ( mid last century )etc etc. I understand the position of the islamic world, but, there has to be moderation.

That the afgani's blew up those Buddist statues a few years back shows what it not acceptable. Wonder what would of happend if the roles were reversed and the muslims had their statues blow up ( if they existed ). Or i.e. blow up a Koran. Waow !.......

The western world maintains a "hollier than thou" position, and same with the Islamic world. Both have their fare share of bad things they have done through out history. Its a bit like marriage, unless you are willing to listen to the others point of view and make some sincere compromises, nothing will ever change. At this rate.... it will only get worse, and especially with Bush at the helm.

Edited by skippybangkok

The last few weeks have been pretty amazing. The seething Islamic world goes berserk over some five month old cartoons, and the Muslim's loudly proclaim - "Our religion is special" - you (and particularly we) can say or do anything in relation to other religions (like blowing up ancient statues, or murdering clergymen), but defame our religion, and you deserve death.

Well, screw that. Islam is not special. Islam is just another belief system, that is followed by less than 20% of the world's population.

Islam is not special. It should be treated the same as all other religions - for better and for worse.

Including time I spent in Egypt and Morocco is the early 1990's, I previously viewed Islam as one more fairly standard belief system - and I respected it on the same level as I respected Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism. I'm personally non-religious, but I had no significant problem with any religion - particularly inso far as they all seemed to share about 98% of the same basic priciples of communal life.

Well, over the past 15 years, my view of Islam has changed dramatically. I didn't think my opinion of Islam could go much lower that it was already at, two weeks ago. But this cartoon crap has indeed lowered my opinion another notch.

What amazes me is that world government sand the main stream media are going along with "Islam is special". Screw that. Islam seems to have a whole host of barbaric and evil associations:

1) Almost all (if not all) violations of the soverignty of diplomatic Embassies over the past 40 years has been by various Islamic groups - in perhaps a dozen or more countries. And - they were right there, doing it again, this month. "Islam is special - we don't have to observe diplomatic norms of all the civilized nations."

2) The only violence at the Intenational Olympic Games - Islamic terrorists, 1972.

And so on .... including all the outrages enumerated above by other posters.

Islam is devoid of tolerance for other belief systems. It strives for only one thing - creation of a global, 12th Century theocracy, under rule of Sharia law.

Every government, and every media outlet on earth should be opposing this fanaticism at every opportunity. Pandering to it only serves to embolden it.

The interesting question is: What new Islamic outrage is coming next?

Think: Tehran '79, 9-11-2001; Beslan, the Bamyan Buddhist statues, the beheadings, Madrid, London, Bali, etc., etc.

There is always a "next outrage" taking shape. hel_l, they are down to outrages over cartoons. What's next? Outrage over vegetables? Stars in the sky? Science fiction? Cookies? The color blue?

One good thing about the cartoon issue - I think that maybe 5 million, or maybe 50 million, or maybe 500 million non-Muslims got an eye-opening awakening earlier this month into what sort of lunacy is at work within the global Islamic movement.

There should be a "stop Islam now" movement taking shape, and the outrageous behavior of the Islamacists over the cartoons should help that counter-movement take shape.

The clock is ticking down toward a lambasting of Iran - I see little chance that a non-military resolution will be worked out with the certifiably insane leadership of Iran. That conflict will give Islam a new focus for their seething - particularly insofar as Israel will probably be a significant actor.

Connect the dots - starting in 1972 at Munich - through hundreds of other violent actions taken in the name of Allah - and you reach the inescapable conclusion - Islam CANNOT co-exist with all the other belief systems on earth. Either Islam must be destroyed, or all the other belief systems must be erradicated. This is actual formal POLICY within the Islamic belief system.

'Pretty easy choice for me.

Indo-Siam

Honestly couldn’t see the point in publishing these cartoons in the first place, knowing that obviously would provoke Muslims. If that was their initial aim, well they have bloody succeeded.

Gulliver if you read through some of the older postings you will find a copy of the letter from the editor of the newspaper which printed the cartoons, where he makes an apology for printing them, not realizing it would hurt so many people.

What I don't understand is why did it take 5 month for people to feel offended, the cartoons was first in the paper in September and no reaction, a month later they were reprinted in a Egyptian newspaper, still no reaction.

The whole problem didn't start before a group of " danish " Imams went on a tour of the countries in the Middle East to show the pictures, incl. pictures which had never been in the paper or had anything to do with Mohammed, I don't understand their motive for this tour.

Honestly couldn’t see the point in publishing these cartoons in the first place, knowing that obviously would provoke Muslims. If that was their initial aim, well they have bloody succeeded.

The background was that a book was trying to get illustrations of Muhammed done by artists, by none dared. Illustrations of other religious icons didn't anyone have any problems in depicting however.

So it was merely, by the newspaper, a litmus test to see if any of the artists they contacted would 1) dare to draw anything, 2) would they would draw (since they where told to draw whatever firt came to mind about Muahmmed and Islam).

If you like music and dancing(?)

http://massdestraction.com/1558-Arab_Techno_Party.html

The last few weeks have been pretty amazing. The seething Islamic world goes berserk over some five month old cartoons, and the Muslim's loudly proclaim - "Our religion is special" - you (and particularly we) can say or do anything in relation to other religions (like blowing up ancient statues, or murdering clergymen), but defame our religion, and you deserve death.

Well, screw that. Islam is not special. Islam is just another belief system, that is followed by less than 20% of the world's population.

Islam is not special. It should be treated the same as all other religions - for better and for worse.

Including time I spent in Egypt and Morocco is the early 1990's, I previously viewed Islam as one more fairly standard belief system - and I respected it on the same level as I respected Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism. I'm personally non-religious, but I had no significant problem with any religion - particularly inso far as they all seemed to share about 98% of the same basic priciples of communal life.

Well, over the past 15 years, my view of Islam has changed dramatically. I didn't think my opinion of Islam could go much lower that it was already at, two weeks ago. But this cartoon crap has indeed lowered my opinion another notch.

What amazes me is that world government sand the main stream media are going along with "Islam is special". Screw that. Islam seems to have a whole host of barbaric and evil associations:

1) Almost all (if not all) violations of the soverignty of diplomatic Embassies over the past 40 years has been by various Islamic groups - in perhaps a dozen or more countries. And - they were right there, doing it again, this month. "Islam is special - we don't have to observe diplomatic norms of all the civilized nations."

2) The only violence at the Intenational Olympic Games - Islamic terrorists, 1972.

And so on .... including all the outrages enumerated above by other posters.

Islam is devoid of tolerance for other belief systems. It strives for only one thing - creation of a global, 12th Century theocracy, under rule of Sharia law.

Every government, and every media outlet on earth should be opposing this fanaticism at every opportunity. Pandering to it only serves to embolden it.

The interesting question is: What new Islamic outrage is coming next?

Think: Tehran '79, 9-11-2001; Beslan, the Bamyan Buddhist statues, the beheadings, Madrid, London, Bali, etc., etc.

There is always a "next outrage" taking shape. hel_l, they are down to outrages over cartoons. What's next? Outrage over vegetables? Stars in the sky? Science fiction? Cookies? The color blue?

One good thing about the cartoon issue - I think that maybe 5 million, or maybe 50 million, or maybe 500 million non-Muslims got an eye-opening awakening earlier this month into what sort of lunacy is at work within the global Islamic movement.

There should be a "stop Islam now" movement taking shape, and the outrageous behavior of the Islamacists over the cartoons should help that counter-movement take shape.

The clock is ticking down toward a lambasting of Iran - I see little chance that a non-military resolution will be worked out with the certifiably insane leadership of Iran. That conflict will give Islam a new focus for their seething - particularly insofar as Israel will probably be a significant actor.

Connect the dots - starting in 1972 at Munich - through hundreds of other violent actions taken in the name of Allah - and you reach the inescapable conclusion - Islam CANNOT co-exist with all the other belief systems on earth. Either Islam must be destroyed, or all the other belief systems must be erradicated. This is actual formal POLICY within the Islamic belief system.

'Pretty easy choice for me.

Indo-Siam

Indo-Siam, I agree with all of your sentiments and could not have expressed them more eloquently. I would just add that if the governments who are supposed to run secular democracies are too spineless to stand up for free speech then it's about time the silent majority took them to task until they do. A wish list would include the following.

1) Don't consider changing our laws to pander to a minority who view our democratic principles with contempt.

2) Enforce existing incitement laws;- The jailing of Abu Hamza was a start, but what about the protestors in London waving placards such as 'Your 9/11 is coming'.

3) Stand side by side with the Danish government and recall all diplomatic representation from any Country which does not give adequate protection to all embassies and consulates.

4) Expose the hpocrisy of the current furore instead of pandering to the mass hysteria of a rabble whipped up into a frenzy by those with an axe to grind. The previous publication of the cartoons in Egypt and the constant rehashing of the notorious forgery 'The protocols of Zion' would be a start.

5) Get your collective butts into gear about finding renewable energy sources so you don't have to pander to the totalitarian regimes which control much of the worlds oil.

6) The governments of the U.S and Europe should stop funding a terrorist organization such as Hamas, why should western taxpayers money go to those who blow up buses and hold us in contempt?

Gulliver if you read through some of the older postings you will find a copy of the letter from the editor of the newspaper which printed the cartoons, where he makes an apology for printing them, not realizing it would hurt so many people.

What I don't understand is why did it take 5 month for people to feel offended, the cartoons was first in the paper in September and no reaction, a month later they were reprinted in a Egyptian newspaper, still no reaction.

The whole problem didn't start before a group of " danish " Imams went on a tour of the countries in the Middle East to show the pictures, incl. pictures which had never been in the paper or had anything to do with Mohammed, I don't understand their motive for this tour.

Sonthaya I agree that the reaction in the Muslim world was highly disproportionate, when tens of people have died, and economical and diplomatic repercussions were imposed. In normal circumstances, the newpaper’s apology should have been enough. Unfortunately it was a golden opportunity given into the hands of extremists. But still think that the newspaper should have taken a more considerate approach before publication. By analogy, the media in Thailand are not allowed to publish derogatory materials about the Buddha or the King for example. Is this considered as against free-speech? I don’t believe so.