Enter Before Date 3 Months Or 6 Months Savannaket 3 Entry Tourist Visa

Hey out there!

I am headed to Vientiane for a visa run using the Nok Air Udon Thani flight then land connection service now being offered. I have U.S. passport and have done the Vientiane 2 entry tourist visa run before but I am arriving on a Friday around 1030 am which maybe too late to hit the Embassy until Monday. With 2 days to kill, I am thinking of heading down to Savannakhet and try for a 3 entry tourist visa there as I heard it was possible. 3 entries would make for some more flexibility in my stay here in Thailand but I was wondering if they are issuing them with a 3 month or 6 month enter before stamp? It sounds crazy to offer 3 entries and have to use them in 3 months, but I wouldn't be surprised when it comes to visa stuff.

So with a triple entry I can do 60 + 30 (1,900 baht fro extension), 60 + 30 (another 1900 baht) and another 60 + 30 ( sigh! 1,900 baht) = 3000 for 3 entries + 5700 =8700 baht vs. 2 double entries in Vientiane 2000 baht + 3800 extension baht = 5800 baht total.

Perhaps, it's not worth all the travel expense etc etc to do this the Thais don't offer 6 months to use all three! So does anybody know if they do?

Thanks,

Chinofarang