Is The Nikon D600 For Sale Yet In Thailand ?

North

Sounds great, I will buy it, when I am back in Thailand then.

This camera is assembled in Thailand, I think it's the first FX size Nikon assembled outside Japan.

The camera has a very good sensor having about the same specs. as the Nikon D800 ( apart from resolution, the D800 is 36 Mpixel, and the D600 is 24.3 Mpixel)

Only problem seems to be, there have been reports in Europe and the U.S. about dust- and oil spots on the sensor.

The sensor can be cleaned (wet cleaning), but personally I wouldn't do that with a new camera, better to let Nikon do that, if needed.

Edited by North

• 3 weeks later...

I asked in a Big Camera for you, was not in the store but said they could have it tomorrow if I paid today. The clerk didn't check any computer or ring anyone to check HQ stock levels to confirm, but knew of the camera off the top of her head.

In their catalog they say 72,500 as reported above for the body only.

90,500B for Body and lens kit. ( LENS AF-6 24-85 f/3.5-4.5G ED VR)

Hope this helps you enjoy your yummie bacon breakfast !!!! giggle.gif

BOI restrictions means that goods manufactured in Thailand don't come any cheaper when sold in Thailand. Companies receive all manner of concessions when importing components, on the understanding that the resulting good will be exported. If they are then sold in Thailand, then the price ends up being similar to elsewhere.

I asked in a Big Camera for you, was not in the store but said they could have it tomorrow if I paid today. The clerk didn't check any computer or ring anyone to check HQ stock levels to confirm, but knew of the camera off the top of her head.

In their catalog they say 72,500 as reported above for the body only.

90,500B for Body and lens kit. ( LENS AF-6 24-85 f/3.5-4.5G ED VR)

Hope this helps you enjoy your yummie bacon breakfast !!!! giggle.gif

thanks for asking !

In the meantime I think, that this issue about dust keep growing, there's a lot of comments on Internet, and I really don't understand, that Nikon is still silent instead of adressing this issue.

According to what I read, this is typical "Nikon style", they like to do " silent repairs " !

Personally I would appreciate, if they would make an announcement, that they are looking into this issue, and later tell the customers, what they found out, but that is not likely to happen.

So, even I like this D600 for it's good spec's, I am beginning to think of buying a Canon 5D mark 3 instead.

That is a really wonderful camera, too bad though, that it's price is somewhat higher.

A few days ago I did see it in BigCamera for approx. 99,900 baht for body only.

Definitely the dust infiltration in the Nikon D600 is a serious problem. This video is a bit creepy...

On the other hand, the Canon 5D mkiii (my next present and definitive body) is almost 30.000 Baht more expensive.

Should become cheaper after th new year.

• 3 months later...

The D600 has a huge amount of extreamly negative reviews on Amazon & other sites reading the oil spots and the seemly lack of action form Nikon on the issue.

Kind of a real shame.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1ZTLV8ZYI176T/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R1ZTLV8ZYI176T

http://www.flickr.com/groups/d600club/discuss/72157632004966262/page2/

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/02/22/Nikon-issues-service-advisory-for-D600

I have never had any issues with dust on my D50 or D90 sensors. It really bothers me that Nikon does not clear up this issue. I want to buy the D600 to get the FF sensor, but I will not spend that amount of money on a camera that may or may not have issues from day one or after a certain amount of shutter releases. This is sad Nikon.

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

Sounds great, I will buy it, when I am back in Thailand then.

This camera is assembled in Thailand, I think it's the first FX size Nikon assembled outside Japan.

The camera has a very good sensor having about the same specs. as the Nikon D800 ( apart from resolution, the D800 is 36 Mpixel, and the D600 is 24.3 Mpixel)

Only problem seems to be, there have been reports in Europe and the U.S. about dust- and oil spots on the sensor.

The sensor can be cleaned (wet cleaning), but personally I wouldn't do that with a new camera, better to let Nikon do that, if needed.

have also heard reports of dust.

if thye have it in europe buy it there, just cause they make the in thialan does not mean they are cheaper here.

I just put in a pre order for the 7100 in the states and it was cheaper there than here.

Edited by phuketrichard

The other FX Nikons are apparently made in Japan, and suprise supirse the lemon that used to much lube that has absolutely destroyed Nikons reputation with me anyway was made in Thailand. Nikons stubbornness to clear cases of a f@cked up oil issue was disgusting.

I was all ready to pair the D600 up with a Nikon 14-24mm. With Nikons attitude to their loyal customers over this issue no bloody way am I going anywhere near it with a 10 foot barge pole. Not ruling out a D800 withe the same lens, but with more reliable reports that Canon is getting close to launch their own 14-24mm by the end of 2013, that sounds inviting.

• 2 weeks later...

The other FX Nikons are apparently made in Japan, and suprise supirse the lemon that used to much lube that has absolutely destroyed Nikons reputation with me anyway was made in Thailand. Nikons stubbornness to clear cases of a f@cked up oil issue was disgusting.

I was all ready to pair the D600 up with a Nikon 14-24mm. With Nikons attitude to their loyal customers over this issue no bloody way am I going anywhere near it with a 10 foot barge pole. Not ruling out a D800 withe the same lens, but with more reliable reports that Canon is getting close to launch their own 14-24mm by the end of 2013, that sounds inviting.

May I suggest the Pentax K-5 IIS with Sigma 8-16mm instead?

• 1 month later...

The prices in Thailand make me wonder.

The D600 (Body) is available in Switzerland for 1740 CHF including 8% sales tax ( = 52810 THB ).

Almost any consumer electronics product is more expensive in Thailand, except the cheap Chinese copies.

For 80314 THB, the D800 body can be had.

Edited by manarak

what I don't understand is why Thailand is so expensive for electronics, at least for the items that are manufactured in Thailand in the first place.

BOI or not, Switzerland's prices shouldn't be lower than Thailand's

what I don't understand is why Thailand is so expensive for electronics, at least for the items that are manufactured in Thailand in the first place.

BOI or not, Switzerland's prices shouldn't be lower than Thailand's

Nikon probably produces "for export". They could even be distributed through an offshore company.

The latest news is that Nikon is looking at Laos for manufacturing. Possibly the 300 baht minimum wage put Thailand out of the ballgame!