What Is A 'good' Area In Pattaya?

PomRakBKK

I am looking for a place with ocean view in a 'secure' area in pattaya. By 'secure area' i mean the place should not be right next to a gogo/beer bar or anything like that.

It would be a big plus if a muay thai gym would be close.

Any recommendation for areas and condos/apartments?

Edited by PomRakBKK

There are no areas in Pattaya that are unsafe.

To the OP I recommendto look at the larger condo developments in Wongamat or Pratamnak.

There are no bars "right next" to them.

Edited by manarak

There are many areas in Pattaya that are unsafe, so to speak.

In fact if you are close by a GoGo bar you are probably more safe than others.

In my opinion the area of Pratumnak is very nice with low crime rate, you could get a Sea view there.

I live in a gated community in the Naklua Area and have never had any problems in 5 years, but no sea view.

You have not said what sort of accommodation you are looking for, studio, 2 bed apartment, house etc..

There is an area in Pattaya that people seem to be selling homes at half price and that is in Nong Plalai, I'd be interested if anyone knows anymore about this? Is it to do with Crime?

There are many areas in Pattaya that are unsafe, so to speak.

In fact if you are close by a GoGo bar you are probably more safe than others.

In my opinion the area of Pratumnak is very nice with low crime rate, you could get a Sea view there.

I live in a gated community in the Naklua Area and have never had any problems in 5 years, but no sea view.

You have not said what sort of accommodation you are looking for, studio, 2 bed apartment, house etc..

There is an area in Pattaya that people seem to be selling homes at half price and that is in Nong Plalai, I'd be interested if anyone knows anymore about this? Is it to do with Crime?

I live in Nongpalai and they have a lot of thieves, drug dealers alike here. Lucky they are all locked up in the Pattaya remand prison.biggrin.png

I have not heard that house are sold here at half the price, all I hear is that the landprice rises by the week.

To me it's also one of the best areas on Banglamung territory, as it's quiet, close to the highway to Bangkok and to Pattaya and a good connection to Rayong.

What would one wish more for.

I know of two houses that have been sold very very cheap in the area.

Maybe Nong Plalai Prison is to become an open prison smile.png

One home was originally 7 Million and went for 3.5 Million, my mate tried to get it but it sold in hours.

But the estate agent dude came up with several other bargains in the area also, which seemed too good to be true.

I do know that one home was ram raided with a truck and the owner had had enough.

I have always fancied that area myself, and there are some really amazing properties there, but it has got me thinking.

I know of two houses that have been sold very very cheap in the area.

Maybe Nong Plalai Prison is to become an open prison smile.png

One home was originally 7 Million and went for 3.5 Million, my mate tried to get it but it sold in hours.

But the estate agent dude came up with several other bargains in the area also, which seemed too good to be true.

I do know that one home was ram raided with a truck and the owner had had enough.

I have always fancied that area myself, and there are some really amazing properties there, but it has got me thinking.

Now read your own post again.

One home was originally 7 Million and went for 3.5 Million, my mate tried to get it but it sold in hours

How can a house be halved in price from one minute to the other and then sell in hours?

Something just doesn't sound real there.Maybe the owner needed fast cash, you know we are in a economic crisis right ?

If it looks like a duck , walks like a duck and quack like a duck it probably is a duck, not?

Edited by jbrain

JBrain,

I know what you are saying but I actually knew the owner of the 7 Mil property, that's why I was asked by my friend and got involved.

I don't think he was after fast cash as he is very wealthy (but sometimes people try desperately to preserve this image, so I may be mistaken).

I just know that the house was bought for 7M a few years ago and sold for 3.5M only a few weeks ago. (not minutes smile.png )

It could be anything.. maybe the house was subsiding or something like that..

Bahtstop or something the house was advertised on.

JBrain,

I know what you are saying but I actually knew the owner of the 7 Mil property, that's why I was asked by my friend and got involved.

I don't think he was after fast cash as he is very wealthy (but sometimes people try desperately to preserve this image, so I may be mistaken).

I just know that the house was bought for 7M a few years ago and sold for 3.5M only a few weeks ago. (not minutes smile.png )

There is always a reason to sell, but I have never noticed any signicant crime around here, and would not want to change for an area like Hua Yai if I got money on top.

Also keep in mind that Nongpalai is quite a big sub district with some desirable and less desirable areas

JBrain,

There is always a reason to sell, but I have never noticed any signicant crime around here, and would not want to change for an area like Hua Yai if I got money on top.

Also keep in mind that Nongpalai is quite a big sub district with some desirable and less desirable areas

JBrain,

Yeah I think you could be right, this could be a very isolated area, maybe with good tree cover or something for the thieves to operate in.

Some of the houses over there are quite palatial, and are easy targets if the houses are unoccupied for any period of time. A few Plasma TV's guaranteed for any aspiring crook.

It's only an observation.. I am not making any statements, I'm not knocking the area, in fact I am considering it myself hence my enquiries..

By the way what was the size of the sold property, maybe he way overpaid a few years ago.About 10 years ago there was a lot of houses build in this area by a Wales constructor at very inflated prices, but he sold many and quickly to his country men.All on a maybe half rai or less plot and crap build, but sold at new prices of 4-5 Million 10 years ago.

In my area the land goes at 1.8 - 2M a rai, but I know other areas in nongpalai where you will not find a rai at less then 3M.