Uk Ilr Setm Questions

Hi, I'm in the process of completing the SETM form for my wife and stepson, there are a couple of places where it's not really very well written but there is one in particular I would like some clarification on if possible.

Section 3.6 Do you and your partner have any children together ?

This looks like the section where I'd put in my stepsons details ( doesn't appear to be anywhere else on the form for that ) but we didn't have him together so I am a little unsure.

Section 3.9 asks for further information including details of any children under 18 who are living with you in the UK and are British citizens or who have lived here for the last seven years. That would appear to be the right place to put our daughter who we did have together.

So do I put my stepson in 3.6 and or daughter in 3.9 ?

I think that's the way it goes but would like to be sure.

Thanks. I'll be so glad when this is all done and dusted.

I came up against this very situation a couple of weeks ago and was accused of being a troll on here .. shame as its the only negative reply I have EVER had on here.

you can see my original post here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/592348-uk-visa-for-ilr-set-m/#entry5773151

I made long enquires with UKBA and the checking service and basically noone knows, everyone presumes the form is wrong and that in fact it was incorrect at the last revision and it will be sorted in time.

I filled in 3.6 with the dependants details as if you dont there is no where else to put them.

We also went to the settlement checking service with the council and she said it was the right thing to do, providing as more information is better than less, also I enclosed a covering letter..

Basically they told me as long as the information is there then it will be fine, 3.6 makes no sense as the top asks do you have children together - if you said no and moved on then later in the bottom of the box it mentions other parents!

Wow 2 years has flown, I remember talking about the last visa to come here at the same time!

Thanks for the response silverdales, nice to know I'm not going round the twist.

Maybe I'll get flamed for not searching well enough ;)

Your questions seemed valid to me. The problem is when you take time to read the form carefully to make sure you complete it properly it does't make sense. We too will be using the checking service, lets hope they know what they are looking for.

I'm not sure what the troll reference is about either.

Best of luck with your application.

A genuine thanks to all of those helpful people in this forum.