Settlement Visas - Uk

If all the supporting evidence is submitted with the initial application and if that evidence is sufficient to satisfy the ECO so that s/he is "minded to grant" the visa then the applicant will be contacted shortly after submitting the application and asked to attend the embassy at their convenience. They will be asked a few simple questions and if their answers are consistent with the written evidence they will get the visa.

Long interviews are only necessary when no evidence is submitted with the application, or the evidence submitted is incomplete or does not answer all the Eco's questions.

Not necessarily, nothing is guaranteed!

As I said, if all the supporting evidence is submitted with the initial application and if that evidence is sufficient to satisfy the ECO so that s/he is "minded to grant" the visa then the applicant will be contacted shortly after submitting the application and asked to attend the embassy at their convenience. They will be asked a few simple questions and if their answers are consistent with the written evidence they will get the visa.

However, not getting short interview treatment does not mean that there is a problem with the application, merely that there are some questions in the ECO's mind that the documents haven't answered.

Best of luck.

(Scouse beat me to it.)

Edited by GU22

So, if we give the applications in tomorrow, there won't be an interview then ?

I think there will be an interview no matter what.

If all the documents are there when the initial application is made, then, if the ECO is happy, then the applicant may be contacted a short period later and asked to come into the Embassy for a short interview.

If the ECO is not happy with all the supporting documents ect.. The applicant will be given a interview date, which is about a 10 - 12 week wait at the moment.

(Edit Scouse and GU22 beat me to it :o)

Edited by Rj 81