House Rental With A View To Buy Pattaya / Jomtien

Looking for a 3 bed house in a secure estate, approx 25K per month, long term rental and if the estate is nice we will probably buy there in a couple of years but want to check estates out before committing. Currently in a 2 bed resort place in Jomtien but now need a house, furnished as well as it is a second home. A friend recommended renting first to check out the area then buying after. Thoughts?

A friend recommended renting first to check out the area then buying after

Good advice, but not watertight, as neighbours can change over time and make life hell

especially where property around is rented.

Given same general advice - rent for a while, get a feel for where the 0300 karaoke wailers and those with all night barking dogs are, but you likley got some idea already from your JT compound.

Mrs and I on look out for a second, and after staying a number of times with friends in a chock-a-block compound, leaning toward added land buffer area between house plots, which gets a bit more expensive. Neighbor profile and dynamics can/do change obviously, just can't see myself in a place where rooflines dam_n near touch each other.

Among others I've seen, Greenfield seems to stand out in my mind as having decent sized plots and better than average quality construction/fittings. Seen some for rent (and sale) on Fair Property and other websites out there on the interwebs.

Good luck,

J