Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet A Good Girl Here In Thailand?

SiameseCurios

dont speak thai and met a nice girl, been married for a few years and have children now, never had a cross word.

again i dont speak thai, she is well educated and speaks english.

why learn thai, no need, i have no use for it, im an aussie.

Why are you looking down on learning a language, man ? I am saying this, assuming you live in Thailand all or most of the time. Why don't you try to acquire at least an elementary knowledge of Thai (by 'elementary', I don't mean just things like days and numbers of course).

If you are not based in Thailand, then ignore what I wrote above.

Probably the fact that she speaks English, and again it will also depend on where people live. If in Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya, Samui - those types of areas, there is less of a need to learn the language, however if up in the boondocks, then it really is essential.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had no problem meeting good girls in Thailand, but then again, I work at one of the better universities in the country. If you go to the garbage bin expecting to find caviar you will be disappointed every time.

There Is another thread on TV at the moment. Relating to a Canadian,who seemingly did not go to the rubbish bin, his G/F is a student at one of Thailand's better universities. Would you include her as one of Thailand's good girls.?

dont speak thai and met a nice girl, been married for a few years and have children now, never had a cross word.

For nearly 5 years of living here, I've had a similar attitide; why learn a language that just shy of 70m people speak (if you include a few Laotians) but recently, I've grown weary of associating with the hordes of flaky, hedonistic, seemingly bipolar pissheads in my foreigner social circle. I'm not really into alcohol and, seeing as Bangkok has the type of nightlife that demands people exist in varying states of inebriation in order to enjoy, talking to or partying with munters often stretches the boundaries of my tolerance wafer thin.

I'm not keen to move (UK is totally fugged and I'm kinda settled here) and the majority of Thais I've interacted with treat me very well so I'm going to give learning the language a shot.

Sure, I know that learning Thai means that you can hear some of the less complimentary things they say about you when they think you can't understand but, having grown up in a part of West London that was once popular with the National Front, my skin is thick enough to handle a few comments about its colour.

@Soomak, why is a factory girl not considered a good girl ?

Maybe the OP was referring to college educated women when he talked about "good girls".

Actually her English was better than my gf's who has two bachelors degrees and a masters degree, so for me she was good...

Another bullxxxt thread about meeting good Thai women. No idea why some people are so obsessed with the subject. Women are the same the world over and you can meet them here doing exactly the same things you would do at home.

What is a "good woman " anyway ? My current girlfriend has dark skin, a tattoo, loves her whiskey and does not use any of that whitening nonsense, you can all decide where we met and what her job is whistling.gif

nobody wants to admit that they married a bar girl,my last 3 gf's have been bgirls i havent married 1 because i dont live in thailand,well not yet anyway and if i was to meet a bar girl and have a long time relationship so be it,i dont care what anyone thinks i frequent bars quite often so were am i going to meet my girl?? every guy on here states in the first sentence i didnt meet my ladie in a bar bs,who cares as long as your happy shit i have spent 3-4 months a year in thailand for the last 6-7 years and have im sure as much partners i thai as any bg i have meet the past is the past.

Clueless !!

WOW omg in all the years of all the experts on this forum you are the only 1 to admitting you are clueless good for you i take my hat of to you,If you need some advice feel free 555,

I don't get it. I never scraped the bottom of the barrel in the US so why should I in LOS?

Just for me the ideal gal would be past her sell by date, so highly educated as to not be interested in the locals, live in a rural area where pickings are slim, have no kids, be ambitious in career and maybe a side business. They are out there and I have talked to them.

$.02

For nearly 5 years of living here, I've had a similar attitide; why learn a language that just shy of 70m people speak (if you include a few Laotians) but recently, I've grown weary of associating with the hordes of flaky, hedonistic, seemingly bipolar pissheads in my foreigner social circle. I'm not really into alcohol and, seeing as Bangkok has the type of nightlife that demands people exist in varying states of inebriation in order to enjoy, talking to or partying with munters often stretches the boundaries of my tolerance wafer thin.

I'm not keen to move (UK is totally fugged and I'm kinda settled here) and the majority of Thais I've interacted with treat me very well so I'm going to give learning the language a shot.

Sure, I know that learning Thai means that you can hear some of the less complimentary things they say about you when they think you can't understand but, having grown up in a part of West London that was once popular with the National Front, my skin is thick enough to handle a few comments about its colour.

Im of the opinion that if people dont want to learn Thai, up to them. However, i personally wouldnt want to live in a country where i dont learn. I am very shy with people i dont know well, so its not in my instinct to converse for the sake of conversing, but im glad that (although still stilted) i can have a reasonably easy conversation in Thai. My listening skills are better then my speaking skills, and, might surprise you HS, but the benefit of understanding (without Thai realising you understand), is also because you overhear NICE things. :D

---

As an aside, my bf speaks near fluent (but his listening skills are much MUCH worse than mine..haha!..but maybe thats just a male/female thing :P). ..and, hes an Aussie. So, some Aussies can and do speak Thai..and he is FIFO, so isnt always here.

(We both also read Thai, to varying levels, but dont write very well).

__

Off-topic, sorry, and not trying to make any point.

__

oh..but to get back on topic, my bf has been here (FIFO) for nearly 7 years. For 5 of those years he dated a LOT of Thai girls. The fact he could speak Thai seemed to make a difference when it came to charming girls. Just throwing that in there!

I don't get it. I never scraped the bottom of the barrel in the US so why should I in LOS?

Just for me the ideal gal would be past her sell by date, so highly educated as to not be interested in the locals, live in a rural area where pickings are slim, have no kids, be ambitious in career and maybe a side business. They are out there and I have talked to them.

$.02

This one's worth at least 5 cents - don't take what they tell you over the Internet at face value.

And here's one worth at least a dime - she might match all your perfect criteria and still not be "good" in any meaningful sense of the word.

Not talking about sexual history, to me that's got nothing to do with good.

But for yourself I'm sure you're on the right track, just sayin' trust but verify, don't make any commitment over the intertubes and (of course goes without saying I'm sure) don't send any money in advance.

• Like 1

my bf has been here (FIFO) for nearly 7 years. For 5 of those years he dated a LOT of Thai girls.

Please confirm - you are a farang female?

If so that's the first I've come across of a guy making his way back across the bamboo bridge. . .

No disrespect intended, in fact the opposite, tip of the hat to ya missie!

I've had no problem meeting good girls in Thailand, but then again, I work at one of the better universities in the country. If you go to the garbage bin expecting to find caviar you will be disappointed every time.

I hope you aren't saying that you shag your students. No wonder teachers get a bad reputation.

my bf has been here (FIFO) for nearly 7 years. For 5 of those years he dated a LOT of Thai girls.

If so that's the first I've come across of a guy making his way back across the bamboo bridge. . .

Yes, im a farang female.

I guess some guys that come here, make their choice in woman depending who the woman is, and not her race.

• Like 1

Another bullxxxt thread about meeting good Thai women. No idea why some people are so obsessed with the subject. Women are the same the world over and you can meet them here doing exactly the same things you would do at home.

What is a "good woman " anyway ? My current girlfriend has dark skin, a tattoo, loves her whiskey and does not use any of that whitening nonsense, you can all decide where we met and what her job is whistling.gif

nobody wants to admit that they married a bar girl,my last 3 gf's have been bgirls i havent married 1 because i dont live in thailand,well not yet anyway and if i was to meet a bar girl and have a long time relationship so be it,i dont care what anyone thinks i frequent bars quite often so were am i going to meet my girl?? every guy on here states in the first sentence i didnt meet my ladie in a bar bs,who cares as long as your happy shit i have spent 3-4 months a year in thailand for the last 6-7 years and have im sure as much partners i thai as any bg i have meet the past is the past.

Clueless !!

WOW omg in all the years of all the experts on this forum you are the only 1 to admitting you are clueless good for you i take my hat of to you,If you need some advice feel free 555,

Don't worry should i ever need advice i won't be asking you for any whistling.gif

Yes, im a farang female.

I guess some guys that come here, make their choice in woman depending who the woman is, and not her race.

Either that or you have huge...whistling.gif

How to find a good girl, and keep her:

a/ Living in an area which isn't full of farang, is definitely a good start. A lot more difficult to find a good girl living in a farang area

b/ Get a job, you'll meet normal people at work or work functions

c/ Internet dating websites can work.

d/ Get some Thai friends, through them you'll no doubt meet some good girls, and your friends can then vouch for them.

e/ Learning Thai definitely lets you cast the net a lot wider soto speak

f/ Don't lower your standards just because she's young and good looking. Look for a girl who has a good education, who has a good job and who isn't burdened with young children.

I've seen people do all of the above, and still find bad girls, likewise you don't need to do all of the above to find a good girl, but each of them definitely increases your chances.

• Like 1

Ok here goes...was she lecturing your class on Quantum Mechanics and General Relativity?

Ok here goes...was she lecturing your class on Quantum Mechanics and General Relativity?

Well I can introduce you to one who meets most of that description, but she teaches math and formal languages.

$.02

This one's worth at least 5 cents - don't take what they tell you over the Internet at face value.

And here's one worth at least a dime - she might match all your perfect criteria and still not be "good" in any meaningful sense of the word.

Not talking about sexual history, to me that's got nothing to do with good.

But for yourself I'm sure you're on the right track, just sayin' trust but verify, don't make any commitment over the intertubes and (of course goes without saying I'm sure) don't send any money in advance.

Thanks. You know I take everything you say to heart - really.

I have not been asked for money or commitment. I have been invited to visit. Yes, these gals are perhaps a little overanxious to make a connection with a Westerner, but then that's my call. The gal who intrigues me most at this point has a masters, teaches school in a village 7km from her family farm but lives in the village, not on the farm. She is working on an MBA so she can "certify" teachers whatever that means. She has no kids. She has a rubber plantation too, of unknown size on property her parents gave her.

Yes, verify. Yes go slowly.

My point stays the same. Why scrape the bottom of the barrel? She's in her late 30's but dang, I'm in my 60's so she looks young to me. I'd like to shag a 25 year old but not shack up with one long term.

Just my $.02

I felt in my guts this thread was going a long way.

I reserved myself not posting my thoughts but now i cannot stop myself from revealing my thoughts to the OP. This is the header from a piece i did not post here 2 days ago. Shake your head, hopfuly back on thread.

I Farang

I just read it today for the first time. I thought the original post was some kind of sick joke, i mean the question stated implies to me the writer actually thinks it is almost impossible to meet a good girl here in Thailand.

But for me the worst was yet to come. The question stated in the OP is actually and shamelessly funded by 7(numbered) criteria which can only be accumulated by a person who is so obviously prejudiced by generalizations the whole world created about Thailand. You confirm your susceptibility to prejudices by assuming "most foreign men" adhere to these 7 fist rules.

To the OP: Excerpt #X ; Stay on thread

A Farang will always stay a Farang for the Thai. As long as you do not accept this and keeping using the term foreign man will result in that you will stay in wonderland.

Edited by Dancealot

why do people think it is difficult to meet good girls in thailand?, heaps of them,just need to crack the right "market", got nice women in the wifes family and plenty of her friends, cant guarantee they are all wonderful all of the time, but they certainly are the right sorts for girlfriends and marriage.

some uni girls, some shop girls, but normal suburban girls.

why do people think it is difficult to meet good girls in thailand?, heaps of them,just need to crack the right "market", got nice women in the wifes family and plenty of her friends, cant guarantee they are all wonderful all of the time, but they certainly are the right sorts for girlfriends and marriage.

some uni girls, some shop girls, but normal suburban girls.

No it's not hard to meet or to know agood thai girl. A thai girl is just like any other girl in any part of the world, no much difference. We just tend to make it a sensitive topic thats all. ( married to a good thai lady 3 kids )

why is it impossible?

Biggest reason because these girls is taught that material asset come first and is only/every/thing.Can be same in the west but in Asian culture this is on even higher level due to income disparity.These one do not believe in love like a farang does

Sometime you will meet the Isaan girl but need to be careful.Maybe she not expect to much at first and look innocent and when she uneducated the farang kinda think she a bit stupid so cannot get himself in much trouble but believe me a lot of time her family are pulling the string and will be try to get EVERYTHING you have off you in the long time.

Also if you go out with hi so educated spoilt girl even worse.She NOT stupid and no how to get everything of you in a short time!

I laugh when see the guy on here brag about his thai/chin hi/so. These one especially taught NEVER to marry below them and check careful about money before any marriage.Also these one expect very expensive lifestyle, love to have the best thing in life and very eager to waste money (only yours of course!)

either way you be screwed and have to go back home broke!

I hate to agree with tingtong and of course it isn't true for those that have learned how to be smart, but does go that way IMO for the vast majority that work from the unquestioned cultural assumptions taught to us on our momma's knee.

If you choose wisely in the first place, and/or take proper precautions to put controls in place, and/or have plenty of dosh to spare to start with, then of course there are many exceptions, most girls here are not in any way scam artists despite the unusually high percentage in the hunting-farang scene.

But even the normal "nice girls" of Thailand don't generally set financial issues aside and use "romantic love" as their sole criteria for choosing a mate. And maybe it's even a largely a myth in the west as well, I don't even know anymore.