Navigation File Format Converter

rebo

I see more and more people here showing their tracks, routes, trails, waypoints mostly in Googles kmz file format. Wonderful and perfectly helpful!

But speaking with some friends I found that some of them don't know how to use them properly, mainly on their GPS devices.

Thus here is a mighty online tool which can handle almost all navigation file formats: http://www.gpsies.com/upload.do?uploadMode=convert. With this you'll find it pretty easy to convert for example a kmz file into a gpx file (used for e.g. Garmin equipment) with only 3 clicks. Then you can load it easily to your GPS unit and - voila - follow all these nice suggestions made by our TV fellows.

Keep on exploring our nice host country ...!

Dear admins, thanks a lot for not moving this post into the IT section where it will most probably not be read by most of the people concerned.

• Like 1

Hi Rebo,

Thanks for the info!

I send data to my Garmin a different way. I have the free Garmin software, Garmin Basecamp installed. A kmz or kml file can be opened in Basecamp, and from there a simple right click and "Send to device".

Happy riding!

• 4 weeks later...