Cracked Me Up, The First Time She Came To My Country...

krisb

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First time I took the wife fishing here in NZ we were spoilt for the shear numbers of fish caught and mixed species. After explaining that the undersise ones had to go back (different species = different minimum length added to the confusion) ..and there was a bag limit on each species, and a limit to total number of fish taken per day, she took it well and just said " No worry; This is Farangland" Then the big fish were being reeled in and it ment that a number of fish were over the length limit. "Ooooooo government here have rule about everything.......(long pause) .....ting tong farangland"

I still can't get her to eat Whitebait; she says "I not like them look at me when I go to eat" laugh.png

• Like 1

Mine's been away from home about 8 years. Took her to Europe before coming to AU. Winter in Europe was great - first time in snow, making snowmen, ganging up with my cousins on me in a snowball fight.

This was a lass who wouldn't walk the 200m to her mum's, but would go through the effort to get out the 50cc motorbike & start it... i was so much quicker to walk. Being the heartless peson I am, she was co-erced into climbing the stairs in the Arche de Triumph - amid much complaining about how far it is. View was worth it to her though. Highlight in Paris was standing next to Mona (Lisa) for a pic. Any movie with Paris, all I hear is 'been there, been there...'

Poker machines were a fun learning curve as she won reasonably the first few times. Wouldn't accept the idea of quitting when ahead until she lost $70 from a $2 start.

The last 2 years, my work has had me tour NSW for a few weeks at a time, so she comes for the ride - and helps install the PCs. She understands enough of what she's doing to tell me to leave her do it unless she gets stuck. Of course, all cabling must look pretty.

In those trips, she has seen more of NSW than she has of TH in the preceding years. Highlights: Seeing a sheep being shorn & emus near the road. Initially there was no interest in emus, as we have a farm of them near the village. Seems ostriches - which the farm has - are the same thing, big chickens. She has never seen the MAD MAX movies, but when in Broken Hill for a few days, she hit on the idea of going to Silverton to see the cars (Silverton is where MM2 was made) & hotel. Never understood why the interest, just accepted it - so much easier.

She had to be trained to use a microwave when she came here, now she's fine with it. It's just the recipes that are a problem. 1 2/3 of a cup of water apparently means to put in 1, 2 or 3 cups as you wish. This resulted in a few rather sloppy cakes.

She still won't eat lamb or turkey because they are 'too strong' - but eats durian...

To borrow from Mike Baird (altered slightly) - Thai logic could make a farang head explode.

I made my wife walk up as far as you can go on the Eiffel Tower and the arc de triumphe. :-)

After a few years in Farangland she can walk all day like the rest of us now. :-)

dvd player is turned on with a touch of a button.

then you press open/close button and it does, magic.

then a tray comes out, put in the dvd and press the open/close button and it will close.

yes that is some heavy <deleted> there.

Dude. What's with the need to denigrate others? Bored in the village? Shouldn't you be worrying why the locals like your sleazy farang neighbor and not you?

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect App

dont live in a village, just was hoping to keep the thread honest, ok duuude

dvd player is turned on with a touch of a button.

then you press open/close button and it does, magic.

then a tray comes out, put in the dvd and press the open/close button and it will close.

yes that is some heavy <deleted> there.

Dude. What's with the need to denigrate others? Bored in the village? Shouldn't you be worrying why the locals like your sleazy farang neighbor and not you?

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect App

dont live in a village, just was hoping to keep the thread honest, ok duuude

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. coffee1.gif

Great thread. Thanks everyone.

If I take a gal to the US, if at all possible I'll land in Portland, OR, rent a car, and make a loop through the Columbia Gorge swinging up and back to Mt. Hood (will she ever again see a 14,000 ft mountain with permafrost?), on through to the sagebrush desert, and whatever else I had time for. I wouldn't want to just drop her into the Midwest or Florida or something. If that's not possible then I'd make it something like Denver and the Rockies. I could do any of that easily in a day.

Thanks again. Carry on. smile.png

Wow!....even Id like to see a 14,000ft mountain!.....They are lucky the Thai girls getting to see the world like they do. God bless em!

Our first trip to the States was exactly this one, the drive up the Gorge, then over Mt. Hood, done in March when it was still beautiful. We then did a later road trip from Portland to Stockton, CA, west to San Francisco then north up the coast to Florence, Oregon. What a great experience for her, many different things for her to see.

mario299smile.png

• Like 1

Our first trip to the States was exactly this one, the drive up the Gorge, then over Mt. Hood, done in March when it was still beautiful. We then did a later road trip from Portland to Stockton, CA, west to San Francisco then north up the coast to Florence, Oregon. What a great experience for her, many different things for her to see.

mario299smile.png

Awesome. She saw the redwoods.

aa.jpg

• Like 1

mario299smile.png

Awesome. She saw the redwoods.

aa.jpg

Sure did, and the wine country...Napa, Sonoma, Mendocino..Great trip!

mario299

Sure did, and the wine country...Napa, Sonoma, Mendocino..Great trip!

mario299

What were some of her reactions? What did she think of the various things? Surely she was amazed or something was funny or cute?

Too many and too much to list, but one very funny occurance was when I'm driving along and asked her, "what time is it honey?" Her: "Do you mean today?" Me: (slightly sarcastically) "No honey, what time is it tomorrow?"

Dead stare..."You do know I am native Thai speaker?"

Been together seven wonderful years, she still cracks me up.

mario299

• Like 1

When my gf first came to my country we worked on both her vocabulary and her diction or pronunciation.

When she first hear me say this word pronunciation she not hear as one word but she hear pronunc-i-ation ... Pronounce This Asian!

How is the Asian pronounce different from Australian she asks?

• Like 2

When my gf first came to my country we worked on both her vocabulary and her diction or pronunciation.

When she first hear me say this word pronunciation she not hear as one word but she hear pronunc-i-ation ... Pronounce This Asian!

How is the Asian pronounce different from Australian she asks?

cheesy.gif

Now that's a phrase worthy of coining (a challenge coin, even)! "Pronounce this Asian!"