Eight Injured As Bus Flips In Heavy Rain In Phang Nga

webfact

Eight injured as bus flips in heavy rain in Phang Nga

Phuket Gazette

bus.jpeg

The bus was en route from Phuket to Chumphon when it struck a bridge guardrail and flipped onto its side in heavy rain. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET BREAKING NEWS: -- A tour bus en route from Phuket to Chumphon, north of Koh Samui on the Gulf of Thailand, slammed into a bridge guardrail and flipped onto its side in heavy rain in Phang Nga province late this afternoon.

Lt Col Anan Kuaboonkaew of Takua Pa Police received a report of the accident at 5:30pm.

“Eight of the 20 passengers on board were taken to Takua Pa Hospital for treatment of minor injuries. The other 12 passengers suffered only scratches and bruises, and were treated with first aid. All are safe now,” said Col Anan.

“Fortunately, the bus did not flip into the canal below as it is three meters down,” he added.

The bus, a commercially registered vehicle owned and operated by Rungkij Tour Co Ltd, stopped at Takua Pa Bus Station to pick up passengers.

The accident occurred soon after.

“The bus driver, Somsak Chansong, said he lost control at the curve [just before the bridge] as it was raining heavily,” Col Anan explained.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle19426.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-11-13

“The bus driver, Somsak Chansong, said he lost control at the curve [just before the bridge] as it was raining heavily,”

Surprising they don't fit the buses with extra long white sticks so the drivers can continue at breakneck speed even when visibility is down to zero.

“The bus driver, Somsak Chansong, said he lost control at the curve [just before the bridge] as it was raining heavily,” Col Anan explained.

I'm sure he was driving extra carefully too due to the heavy rain, right?

cheesy.gifclap2.gif

The frequency of these accidents will surely lead to something far more tragic. Yesterday morning I saw a mini bus lying on its side near Kajonkiet. It is not unusual to count at least 6 mini buses when you pull up at the lights. All this talk about increasing tourist numbers is ludicrous when the infrastructure can't cope with the existing numbers. Perhaps they feel the underpass is the magic bullet.

Another statistic!! If the Transport Department had a brain between any of the pubic servants wasting everyone's time, they would put governors on heavy vehicles. Limit the revs (below redline) and speed limit the vehicles. Then these idiot bus jockeys would not be able to cause damage and death. Also fitting tachographs (old technology) would be able to get random checks to see if they have travelled over the speed limit or for too many hours. It's not that hard to control.

Another statistic!! If the Transport Department had a brain between any of the pubic servants wasting everyone's time, they would put governors on heavy vehicles. Limit the revs (below redline) and speed limit the vehicles. Then these idiot bus jockeys would not be able to cause damage and death. Also fitting tachographs (old technology) would be able to get random checks to see if they have travelled over the speed limit or for too many hours. It's not that hard to control.

"It's not that hard to control" - are you familiar with the term, "tea money." If you are, you would know there is no "control" - only money changing hands, and it's for that reason, many more will continue to die here.

They should make an new law. For every bus accident the owner will be charge 5 mill THB in fine, and the driver will automaticly get 5 years in jail. I drive from Phuket to Bangkok for some weeks ago, and all the buses I see was driving as they had stolen the bus and fuel. I was driving 120km\h and buses was driving 1 meter behind my car and blinking with the light. When it starts to rain and I had to slow down the buses was keeping the same speed. If the car in front was driving to slow like 100km\h they just pase him even if oncoming trafic.

Just before bankok a bus tried to push me of the road so I nearly crash, because I was driving in the left lane in the same speed as him, and he wanted to changes lane.

How about ensuring the bus drivers actually know their job?