Thailand's Elite Card Refuses To Die

webfact

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should take three months to fully launch the project after which the company should have sufficient cash flow from the sales of membership, according to Deputy Government Spokesman Pakdiharn Himathongkam.

One can imagine Pakdiharn explaining further...

spokesman.jpg

See, first we'll start with a large ball of 1,000 baht notes this big from each member and then we'll...

You're so funny. My interpretation is: First there's this card deal and then we can buy the World ....

• Like 1

Brag brag brag... same same same... brag brag brag... same same same... coffee1.gif

You really have nothing to do better of your life than to come and spit the same thing over and over (and over) (and over) again?

Guys, TE was there, is still there and will still be there... Like it or not, whatever you say, think, or fantasize, it will still be there whistling.gif

• Like 1

Brag brag brag... same same same... brag brag brag... same same same... coffee1.gif

You really have nothing to do better of your life than to come and spit the same thing over and over (and over) (and over) again?

Guys, TE was there, is still there and will still be there... Like it or not, whatever you say, think, or fantasize, it will still be there whistling.gif

T.E. Lawrence (of arabia)?

One major problem is that after the complete fiasco of Elite Card part 1, there is absolutley no credibility in Part 2. What is offered today could easily be withdrawn in a few years time with no more than a "We're sorry and here is some complimentary tickets to Loei Pangolin Park."

Agree it could do OK offering a 10 year or permanent visa option.

There's a Pangolin Park in Loei?

Where is the Pangolin Park in Loei? I want to go to it, I hope you didn't make that up.

Was just wondering, will the 2 million baht elite card ensure that my daughters do not get raped in Thailand and if that ever happens will there be swift justice???????

Also, will the 2 million baht elite card card prevent double pricing for card holders and also scammed or mugged in Thailand????

Also, will it ensure that whatever youtube posting that I put up asking for justice for foerigners in thailand never be blocked????

Roll Up. Roll up. Donations to the thai exile benevolent fund are now open. The numbers just don't make sense. Now if a named charity for the excess funds was given maybe OK but I guess this new venture is needed to plug the gap on the missing funds from the first go, 

In 2042 when the elite card turns 20 years

That's in dog years or cat years? unsure.png

Nation arithmetics tongue.png

By 2042 all members will be dead (flying of balconies being the prime cause), and we weeel have 1 beeellion dollars for nothing. rolleyes.gif

post-12195-0-11288800-1352812727_thumb.j

It's not really that the Thai Elite Card refuses to die I think. It's more that every time a few hundred millions or more are allocated some people retain their job, perks and the like. In some ways it's like the Rice Price Pledging give-away, but with a more select group of Thai involved, those who work for the Elite Card company

Oh, and the foreigners who buy the card don't count anyway. that should be obvious without a need to explain rolleyes.gif

It's not really that the Thai Elite Card refuses to die I think. It's more that every time a few hundred millions or more are allocated some people retain their job, perks and the like. In some ways it's like the Rice Price Pledging give-away, but with a more select group of Thai involved, those who work for the Elite Card company

Oh, and the foreigners who buy the card don't count anyway. that should be obvious without a need to explain rolleyes.gif

Any chance it is a money laundering scheme?

I love Thailand, but even if they gave me a lifetime visa, ringside seats at every Muay fight in Lumpini, lap dances for life and my own water buffalo....I still wouldn't hand of 20M baht to the government.

What I _would_ pay for is a list of people who actually do pay for this card...they would probably be easy marks to sell some choice waterfront swampland in Florida.

• Like 1

For westerners with a long-term visa (through a Thai spouse, or retirement, or have a work permit), this card is basically worthless - especially if you don't play golf.

For the westerner under 50 that is here on multi-entry tourist visas, it's worth a little on the saving in visa hassles and not having to fly out all the time. (flights to Singapore, Malaysia, etc. aren't expensive, so unless your time is so valuable that you can't afford the time for the return trip - or the visa every 6 months or so - it's still not worth 2m).

For someone from Singapore or Hong Kong that flies in to play golf every other weekend, I can see the fast-track and the free golf being worth something, but they can get the fast track with an APEC card, and the golf's not worth 2m baht.

The only person I could possibly see who might want this is a single jobless 18yo foreigner with money to burn who plays a lot of golf and likes spa treatments. 32 years of not having the hassle of getting visas (until eligible for a retirement visa), might be worth it if they genuinely don't care about the money.

If they want anyone else to apply. They need some benefits that you can't simply buy with money anyway. (The interest on 2m baht would probably cover your 24 sets of green fees). There has to be something like long-term visas (without the 90 day reporting), fast-track to PR, or the right to buy a house in your own name to live in, that you can't simply pay for without getting the card..

• Like 1

once you know you created/was involved withthe program and who happens to be in government now, its obvious why this horse aint dead yet.

elite-1.jpg

Thailand Elite Card, the brainchild of former premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

the goal was to attract a Million subscribers in five years for revenue of 1 Trillion baht.

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4383836

Hard to imagine anyone going for this elite card the with what they offer, especially the second time around if they are savvy enough to look into the history of the first version, But i realize there must be some,

I fail to understand why they think anyone would wish to meet a high ranking thai government official, Even less why a person would want to do so?

My renewable 1-year visa costs me 1,900 Baht each year, and I pay 3,900 Baht for a multiple re-entry permit. Why would I want to shell out 2 million PLUS 20,000 Baht in annual membership fees? What's the incentive? Can I own land? No. Do I get tax benefits? No. Can I enter national parks free of charge? No. Do I get permanent residency? No. Will the silly 9-day reporting be scrapped? No. Oh yes, they're saying that scam card will entitle me to meet with one or another high-ranking official once a year. To discuss what? As if I would care...

You are obviously not the type of guy who would go for such a product.

You have smartly analyzed the pros and cons of this program and you found out that it did not offer you the benefits you would expect for "such a large amount of money".

You have been absolutely right to do so, it certainly does not offer any advantage to your present lifestyle, compared to the "huge" sum needed to enroll in the program.

You do not mind to queue for a visa, you don't mind a bit of hassle, if you are not old enough you take the opportunity of a visa run to make some cheap shopping or tourism, you don't play golf, you don't need anyone to wait for you at the plane to rush you out of the airport, you, anyway, don't travel enough, or far enough, to even need it, you can very easily find a public taxi and never wanted or even needed a more confortable transfer, you have a simple life so will never need to meet any high ranking official anyway, ... This program does not offer anything interesting for someone like you.

You are very happy like that and don't see the point of spending lots of money just for a bit more comfort. You are absolutely right, this is your lifestyle, it makes you perfectly happy and you make only smart choices that fit your lifstyle, the same as everyone else.

I don't think that any TE member would throw you a stone because you went for the cheap option (convenient and perfectly suited to you).

As a smart, respectful and sensible person, you certainly do not care at all where the other people throw their money in... Up to them !

As you would care other people's lives...

You just passed by this thread by coincidence and quickly posted your opinion, without any sentiment of envy, certainly not anger towards the people who have another lifestyle. For sure you don't care. Everybody has its own life.

I was 36 when I joined the TE program because it suited my lifestyle. You might not believe it, but I am also very happy about my lifestyle and TE helped to make it even more confortable thumbsup.gif

Happiness is not linked to money. If you are happy with your 1900b option, would you still allow other people to be happy with another option?

Of course you would, you are a nice guy for sure wai.gif

I see what you did there.

Well done Sir. I like your style.

A+.

• Like 1

My renewable 1-year visa costs me 1,900 Baht each year, and I pay 3,900 Baht for a multiple re-entry permit. Why would I want to shell out 2 million PLUS 20,000 Baht in annual membership fees? What's the incentive? Can I own land? No. Do I get tax benefits? No. Can I enter national parks free of charge? No. Do I get permanent residency? No. Will the silly 9-day reporting be scrapped? No. Oh yes, they're saying that scam card will entitle me to meet with one or another high-ranking official once a year. To discuss what? As if I would care...

You are obviously not the type of guy who would go for such a product.

You have smartly analyzed the pros and cons of this program and you found out that it did not offer you the benefits you would expect for "such a large amount of money".

You have been absolutely right to do so, it certainly does not offer any advantage to your present lifestyle, compared to the "huge" sum needed to enroll in the program.

You do not mind to queue for a visa, you don't mind a bit of hassle, if you are not old enough you take the opportunity of a visa run to make some cheap shopping or tourism, you don't play golf, you don't need anyone to wait for you at the plane to rush you out of the airport, you, anyway, don't travel enough, or far enough, to even need it, you can very easily find a public taxi and never wanted or even needed a more confortable transfer, you have a simple life so will never need to meet any high ranking official anyway, ... This program does not offer anything interesting for someone like you.

You are very happy like that and don't see the point of spending lots of money just for a bit more comfort. You are absolutely right, this is your lifestyle, it makes you perfectly happy and you make only smart choices that fit your lifstyle, the same as everyone else.

I don't think that any TE member would throw you a stone because you went for the cheap option (convenient and perfectly suited to you).

As a smart, respectful and sensible person, you certainly do not care at all where the other people throw their money in... Up to them !

As you would care other people's lives...

You just passed by this thread by coincidence and quickly posted your opinion, without any sentiment of envy, certainly not anger towards the people who have another lifestyle. For sure you don't care. Everybody has its own life.

I was 36 when I joined the TE program because it suited my lifestyle. You might not believe it, but I am also very happy about my lifestyle and TE helped to make it even more confortable thumbsup.gif

Happiness is not linked to money. If you are happy with your 1900b option, would you still allow other people to be happy with another option?

Of course you would, you are a nice guy for sure wai.gif

I was under the impression that the previous card was canceled. You are saying that you still get the benefits from it?

Not going to bother to re read the items available under the new proposed one but I believe the cost has gone way up while the benefits have gone down.

I would probably get one for the comfort you get/got from it if I had a billion Baht. What the heck it would only be .02% of my wealth. I spend a heck of a lot higher percentage of my income now for a heck of a lot less comforts.

I can understand some people with a certain lifestyle decided to go for the 1M Baht first launch of the Elite card. The "credibility" given to it by the government officers etc. probably was only good for either people with a lot of money or some with enough money and a naive spirit.

What I do not understand at all is that after that first fiasco, anyone with a brain would fall for it at 2 M Baht. rolleyes.gif

Also, meeting a high ranking official, for a foreigner with money, might have a lot more negative that positive effects.

I agree with MarkCyr that a list of the members would have a high value for entrepreneurial individuals with "wonderful" business proposals. whistling.gif

I had to read that bit about meeting a high ranking Thai official one a year again, surely the strangest 'perk' ever offered by any card.

I will take 2 cards, but I will pay at the end of the 20 years; just conform Thai standards whistling.gifgiggle.gif

Only VERY stupid people (or tourists tongue.png ) will get a card; normal people do not have 2M THB for another card with no obvious advantages for the holder. BTW, it does not say anywhere in this post what you are supposed to get for 2M THB plus 20 years of 20000 THB (total cost 2.4M THB)

The only one laughing is the body that issues the cards (government? TAT? 'official' mafia?)

Good Luck with your cardcheesy.gif