Truevisions To Lose Epl?

petedk

Knockers of True Vision haven't even got the service? What a bizarre thing to say. Are people really that lacking of something to do that they imagine and make up customer service issues with a company they don't even use? I can't imagine so. I'm certainly not imagining or making up the problems i have experienced.

How long have you been a True Visions subscriber out of interest?

You are wrong mate. Many people that don't have true knock it..that is FACT.

If that is true (pardon the pun), and i personally doubt it is, the only reason i can think of for why people would knock something they don't have, is that they had it before but got so pissed off they cancelled it.... which would make their knocking valid. Can you give another reason why people would knock something they don't have or use? And can you tell me how you know it to be a FACT?

Because people here like moaning about anything....or haven't you noticed yet?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is true (pardon the pun), and i personally doubt it is, the only reason i can think of for why people would knock something they don't have, is that they had it before but got so pissed off they cancelled it.... which would make their knocking valid. Can you give another reason why people would knock something they don't have or use? And can you tell me how you know it to be a FACT?

Sure people like moaning... but moaning about things that have some sort of an affect on them. Moaning about things that have no affect on them whatsoever... can't honestly say i have noticed that.

How long have you been a True Visions subscriber? My suspicion is that a lot of those who wonder what all the moaning is about, haven't been customers of the company very long.

A couple of years ago i bought a PVR unit from this company for 15,000 baht. It was completely unreliable from day one, and they were completely unable to do anything about this product they sold me... and when they introduced a replacement PVR unit earlier this year, i was kindly informed that my old unit would no longer function... and would i like to buy a new unit off them. What do i do with the old unit i asked them? Well nothing they told me, you can throw it away if you like. This is just one example of the sort of service i have experienced.. the sort of service i have had to grin and bear because of the monopoly they enjoy.

• Like 1

Sure people like moaning... but moaning about things that have some sort of an affect on them. Moaning about things that have no affect on them whatsoever... can't honestly say i have noticed that.

How long have you been a True Visions subscriber? My suspicion is that a lot of those who wonder what all the moaning is about, haven't been customers of the company very long.

A couple of years ago i bought a PVR unit from this company for 15,000 baht. It was completely unreliable from day one, and they were completely unable to do anything about this product they sold me... and when they introduced a replacement PVR unit earlier this year, i was kindly informed that my old unit would no longer function... and would i like to buy a new unit off them. What do i do with the old unit i asked them? Well nothing they told me, you can throw it away if you like. This is just one example of the sort of service i have experienced.. the sort of service i have had to grin and bear because of the monopoly they enjoy.

Been a subscriber for many years now.

But if you are right and the people that complain about it are subscribers then why the heck do they keep it.

For the record, I am a big sports fan so I feel I get good value for money, if I wasn't into my sports I wouldn't entertain it.

But if you are right and the people that complain about it are subscribers then why the heck do they keep it.

Because as i have said, formerly UBC, now True Visions, have had a monopoly. People have very little other choice. True Visions know this, and i think it is why they have such a... how shall we say... relaxed approach to customer service.

• Like 1

Because as i have said, formerly UBC, now True Visions, have had a monopoly. People have very little other choice. True Visions know this, and i think it is why they have such a... how shall we say... relaxed approach to customer service.

Not necessarily true though is it. I live in Pattaya and most people here have Pattaya cable or some other local cable company...I feel quite 'hi-so' here having true. If you trawl through forums here you will find many memebr 'boasting' about how they have found new companys like for example thai expat tv for a pittance of what true charge, many saying they now download their tv instead too. They may have a monopoly on 'high end' tv but many choose to go without that, even more so these days in these tougher times. As I said before if I wasn't an avid sports fan I would have Pattaya cable for 300 baht a month instead of paying 2.5k a month for true.

Btw, I have always found their cs very good. You can always get through to them, they are always able to answer my questions well, they call back when they say they will, and the engineer always turn up when scheduled too. So no idea where you are coming from there I'm afraid.

Btw, I have always found their cs very good. You can always get through to them, they are always able to answer my questions well, they call back when they say they will, and the engineer always turn up when scheduled too. So no idea where you are coming from there I'm afraid.

How can you say you have no idea where i am coming from? I gave you one example of my experience, and you read that right?

How can you say you have no idea where i am coming from? I gave you one example of my experience, and you read that right?

I can honestly say that I forgot what you said and not gonna trawl back.

Anyway, it's beer o'clock now and I'm outta here. Have a good one.

I can honestly say that I forgot what you said and not gonna trawl back.

Anyway, it's beer o'clock now and I'm outta here. Have a good one.

Cheers. You too.

not very good news,but as long as you can get same service,some were else so be it,for all the knockers of true vision out there,which im sure 50% of them propaly have not got the service,i am a very satisfied customer,there sports coverage of major events around the world is excepetional,and for 1500bht is a bargin.and there hd channels are a snip at 100bht a month,long may true vision reign.

Knockers of True Vision haven't even got the service? What a bizarre thing to say. Are people really that lacking of something to do that they imagine and make up customer service issues with a company they don't even use? I can't imagine so. I'm certainly not imagining or making up the problems i have experienced.

about 6/7 years ive been a customer,and can not fault there service,and obviously you are a bit naive if you belive some of the troll posts on here.if you have had so many proplems with true,which i can not imagine for the life of me what,well the answer is in your hands.

If True don't have EPL and IF punters are serious about giving it back or downgrading......wouldn't it be good to all go to Siam TV together one Saturday in the close season (and notify Chiang Mai City news first)? wink.png

Talking about Chiang Mai here.

Edited by uptheos

If it does go tits up I'm wrapping things up and heading back home in all honesty,it will be much easier to follow the Prem League back in the UK,for a start I won't have to wait until 8.45pm or 10.00 pm and if on the off chance I am feeling flush I can actually go to the game and really watch it live.

• Like 2

If it does go tits up I'm wrapping things up and heading back home in all honesty,it will be much easier to follow the Prem League back in the UK,for a start I won't have to wait until 8.45pm or 10.00 pm and if on the off chance I am feeling flush I can actually go to the game and really watch it live.

I have to admit that without the EPL, there will be a big void. I don't want to give up what I REALLY like at my age.

• Like 1

got to admit for me anyway its one of the reasons i like los so much is being able to watch live epl

I have to admit that without the EPL, there will be a big void. I don't want to give up what I REALLY like at my age.

with you 100% there mate,i love footie on the weekends,keeps me away from the bars,relax at home.
  • Like 1

about 6/7 years ive been a customer,and can not fault there service,and obviously you are a bit naive if you belive some of the troll posts on here.if you have had so many proplems with true,which i can not imagine for the life of me what,well the answer is in your hands.

Show me a troll post on here.

As for the answer being in my hands, at the risk of repeating myself for the hundredth time, True Visions are the only people who provide the sort of service that they do. Yes there is cheap cable in some parts, and yes there are internet services, but for various reasons, none of those options work any better for me and they are not realistic alternatives. True Visions have most of us who enjoy watching sport over a barrel.

I will be one of those. Previously Gold package but got fed up with outages every time it rained, usually during EPL matches it seemed to me but then as that was about all I watched that would be the time I noticed it! Last time I moved house I decided not to continue as I considered 1500 Baht a month to watch 3 or 4 matches, many at anti-social hours, just wasn't worth it.

As for the answer being in my hands, at the risk of repeating myself for the hundredth time, True Visions are the only people who provide the sort of service that they do. Yes there is cheap cable in some parts, and yes there are internet services, but for various reasons, none of those options work any better for me and they are not realistic alternatives. True Visions have most of us who enjoy watching sport over a barrel.

so you do admit that true is for you,and the rest of your moaning and complaining,was just a bit trollish,

with you 100% there mate,i love footie on the weekends,keeps me away from the bars,relax at home.

Agree 100% it's the best thing about being here, if i can't sit at home on a saturday/sunday night watching the football then there is absolutely no point at all in my being here. Saying that, I don't think it will come to that.

*prays and hopes that there is a god*

• Like 2

English Premier League,is that where grown men kick a ball around a field? never actually watched it seems pointless ,whish you could get the channels without all that rubbish at a reduced rate.whistling.gif

I think the 2 billion people,one third of the planet,who watch the World Cup every four years might disagree with you there!whistling.gif

• Like 1

so you do admit that true is for you,and the rest of your moaning and complaining,was just a bit trollish,

What on earth are you talking about?

I've stated that over the last year some things have improved, especially with regards sports coverage (the World Cup fiasco aside), but that hasn't erased from my mind all the problems i have experienced with this company in over ten years (one problem that by way of an example i explained to you regarding PVR), and it won't count for much if next season they take a massive step backwards, in not showing Premier League football.... which seems to be right now a distinct possibility.

You wondered why i would stick with a company i wasn't happy with, and i have explained that there exists no viable alternative. In other words, in terms of the sort of service they provide, they enjoy a monopoly. Hence why they can afford to treat a lot of their customers (you obviously excepted) very badly at times.

Now how is any of that "trollish"? Please do tell. From where i am sitting, if anyone is being "trollish", i would say it is you.

Whilst the true call center does generally provide a decent service, the communication between them and their technicians is poor. A number of times, ive arranged appointments and the technicians have come to my apartment when i haven't been there meaning i've had to reschedule. I tell the woman in the call center please come after 4pm because i am working. Then the technician calls me at 10am telling me he's at my room. This has happened 3 or 4 times over the years.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Thaivisa Connect App

What on earth are you talking about?

I've stated that over the last year some things have improved, especially with regards sports coverage (the World Cup fiasco aside), but that hasn't erased from my mind all the problems i have experienced with this company in over ten years (one problem that by way of an example i explained to you regarding PVR), and it won't count for much if next season they take a massive step backwards, in not showing Premier League football.... which seems to be right now a distinct possibility.

You wondered why i would stick with a company i wasn't happy with, and i have explained that there exists no viable alternative. In other words, in terms of the sort of service they provide, they enjoy a monopoly. Hence why they can afford to treat a lot of their customers (you obviously excepted) very badly at times.

Now how is any of that "trollish"? Please do tell. From where i am sitting, if anyone is being "trollish", i would say it is you.

tit for tat,we will call it a draw then,after all ,its a game of two halves.

True pretty much screwed in all truth and as you can see from the list down below Cable Thai Holding would be better going with GMM plus with the news of whats happen with True losing the rights share have drop a lot already plus what True our offering channels included True Explore, Travel Channel Thailand, Siam Sport TV, Star Soccer TV, True Sport International, and Speed Channel. to what GMM has what looks better to you guys football fans heaven plus uefa champions league games get played on local tv anyway

GMM

Argentine Primera División

Campeonato Brasileiro Série A

Capital One Cup

German Bundesliga

Npower Championship

Npower League 1

Japanese J League

France Ligue 1

International Games

Eurosports

TSports For Thai Football

Club Channels

MUTV

BVB total

ArsenalTV

AC Milan TV

AVTV ON Eurosports

Edited by Notstupid30

I'm with Rixalex on this. I've had problems with True which weren't fixed but, overall, their service is not bad. The relative monopoly here in Bangkok has meant their charges have been a bit of a rip-off but, if you're a football fanatic (which I am) you have to swallow the cost if you can afford it.

I hope they come to a proper arrangement with the new cable company as I don't want to have multiple decoders & the switching that would involve. The last company I would deal with is GMM - worse than True as we saw some months ago with the Euro finals. I don't think I read one honest message from them over the blank screens.

It will be interesting to see how the new company with fibre optic cables hook into True if that's what happens.

I just hope that CTH provides HD coverage of the premier league. Once you watch a game in HD nothing compares.

Obviously I don't know the ins and outs of the deal, but it's hard to believe that True Visions would let something as big as the EPL slip by them.

Why didn't they set up a package deal with Grammy or something just like the British tv companies do....

Sky Sports have 118 live games and now BT have 38 live games. Could this of worked here in Thailand?