Tried And Tested : Qatar's B787 Business Class

yermanee

Would be nice to know what routes they will be employed on, had a look at their web site and they only mention the initial phase of bedding in between Doha and Dubai unless I missed the eventual routes.

No you are correct. Doha Dubai first. What worries me a little bit though is the reason for this short haul :

To have the pilots gain familiarity with the planes. w00t.gif

Don't they have flight simulators for that ?

Yermanee wai.gif

Would be nice to know what routes they will be employed on, had a look at their web site and they only mention the initial phase of bedding in between Doha and Dubai unless I missed the eventual routes.

No you are correct. Doha Dubai first. What worries me a little bit though is the reason for this short haul :

To have the pilots gain familiarity with the planes. w00t.gif

Don't they have flight simulators for that ?

Yermanee wai.gif

Seems to be the way they do it these days ANA did it with their 787, Thai are doing it with the A380, I hope it is more to iron out teething problems with in-flight service items AVOD, galleys etc..........

Seems to be the way they do it these days ANA did it with their 787, Thai are doing it with the A380, I hope it is more to iron out teething problems with in-flight service items AVOD, galleys etc..........

That I can understand as a knowledgeable flight crew is indeed a must, I do not understand why the Qatari CEO specifically mentioned the pilots. Maybe he made a gaffe and did mean the whole crew ?

Anyway thanks for the comments.

Yermanee wai.gif

Not good news for economy fliers - the 9 across seating in economy - means a seat of 16.9 inches versus 747 and 767 and 777 of 18 inches on average - not revolutionary here - it is a step backward for economy customers.

Yes, read it was initial crew training, shake downs, etc. Nice review, thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, wife always elects window seat on their 777 2-2-2 J config.

With 787 1-2-1, if we want to sit together, have to take the center aisle.

J

Yes, read it was initial crew training, shake downs, etc. Nice review, thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, wife always elects window seat on their 777 2-2-2 J config.

With 787 1-2-1, if we want to sit together, have to take the center aisle.

J

I agree with you but luckily I do most of my flights for work so am alone. In 1-2-1 when travelling together my,partner is willing to take the window and leave me,in the isle adjacent, which I don't mind as long as there is a privacy screen.

LHR-DOHA

I would be very happy with this, do you have a source for the info?

LHR-DOHA

The 787 will spend a few days positioned at Doha International Airport giving staff an opportunity to tour the aircraft before it enters commercial service for a few weeks on selected Doha - Dubai flights from November 20 and then deployed long-haul on one of the five daily London Heathrow services.

http://www.ameinfo.com/qatar-airways-787-dreamliner-lands-doha-319072

However QR's IBE doesn't show the 787 in their schedule yet, I looked up to March so perhaps it will appear in a few days.

• Like 2

LHR-DOHA

The 787 will spend a few days positioned at Doha International Airport giving staff an opportunity to tour the aircraft before it enters commercial service for a few weeks on selected Doha - Dubai flights from November 20 and then deployed long-haul on one of the five daily London Heathrow services.

http://www.ameinfo.c...nds-doha-319072

However QR's IBE doesn't show the 787 in their schedule yet, I looked up to March so perhaps it will appear in a few days.

As ever William thanks for the informative post.

Here is a peak at the 787 - nice looking J class and in Y class the screen looks rather large as do the headrests. Well done QR.

Still not live on the DOH-LHR will keep checking and update.

With 3 more 787 deliveries before end of 2012 would expect DOH-LHR service to commence next month.

Here is a peak at the 787 - nice looking J class and in Y class the screen looks rather large as do the headrests. Well done QR.

With 3 more 787 deliveries before end of 2012 would expect DOH-LHR service to commence next month.

Timetables for Dreamliner for Jan are now in QR system confirmed as QR76 and QR75.

QR76 LHR 1505 arr DOH next day 0045

QR75 DOH 0625 arr LHR 1105

• Like 1

Timetables for Dreamliner for Jan are now in QR system confirmed as QR76 and QR75.

QR76 LHR 1505 arr DOH next day 0045

QR75 DOH 0625 arr LHR 1105

Update :-

Service actually starts 13th Dec 2012.

• 3 weeks later...