Web Hosting Thailand/asia

Uma~~

sure there is a demand.

I would host with your friend as long as the server is neither in USA nor in UK.

www.psxtune.com I host in Holland now. I search long to find a provider in any free country but no chance beside india and they had a very poor service.

I am asking this on behalf of a friend in the UK who has set up a small company, but is there a demand for web hosting out here or in Asia in general? Would appreciate any replies, which I will e-mail onto my friend.

Thx

Uma

Frankly, has your friend performed this very simple research - enter www.google.com into the adressfield of his prefered browser. Enter webhosting + whatever countryname, he might find relevant, into the searchfield. Clicked search - and looked at how many million pages he'll get as a result? (E.g. 'webhosting thailand' yields 627,000 pages)

Of course there is a demand of webhosting in asia - but nobody will have any problem finding more sites ready to meet this demand than he can possibly manage to check out in his lifetime.

in USA they kicked me because not OK for the Digital Millenium Act, and than one customer who has a hugh Bit Torrent page recommended this isp.

And it is a good deal so far: it is fast, dedicated machine with 1 GB Ram and 2 Raid Harddisks, 100 or 200 (don't remember) GB Transfer per month for something arround 120 Euro pro month.

Many hosting companies I found outside USA are reselling webspace in USA.

Just curious...why do you host in Holland?

in USA they kicked me because not OK for the Digital Millenium Act, and than one customer who has a hugh Bit Torrent page recommended this isp.

And it is a good deal so far: it is fast, dedicated machine with 1 GB Ram and 2 Raid Harddisks, 100 or 200 (don't remember) GB Transfer per month for something arround 120 Euro pro month.

Many hosting companies I found outside USA are reselling webspace in USA.

Just curious...why do you host in Holland?

I believe the majority of Thai companies are leading unassuming users, to their “we have our own server” services, when in fact, they are implementing US hosting servers via their respective “Reseller” program offerings.

Just my Opinion!

Frankly, has your friend performed this very simple research - enter www.google.com into the adressfield of his prefered browser. Enter webhosting + whatever countryname, he might find relevant, into the searchfield. Clicked search - and looked at how many million pages he'll get as a result? (E.g. 'webhosting thailand' yields 627,000 pages)

This a very poorly thought-out way to search for the number of web hosting companies in Thailand.

This a very poorly thought-out way to search for the number of web hosting companies in Thailand.

I agree, simply because a search on 'webhosting thailand' will come back with pages on 'webhosting' AND with with webpages with the word 'Thailand' in them.

Doesn't tell you anything.

Edited by Ajarn

More info from a recent email:

OK - so my geography isn't so good. I only know Europe - Although I travel a

lot in East Europe nowadays. I run websites for companies in the former

Yugoslavian state of Slovenia.

Basically what I usually do is take on existing websites and run them

cheaper/better depending on what the score is. Some sites are totally out of

date and need updating others are doing ok but are paying lots of money for

maintainance. I have a big corporate grade server (approx ฃ30k worth) in

London Docklands and I put the websites there. I also have access to a

namesever (the bit that links the www.SITENAME.com to the actual

website on the

docklands server) both in England (for my .co.uk names) and Switzerland (for

.com, .info, .biz, .net, .de, .cn names).