Replacement Motor For Tory Freestanding Fan Where From?

nitnoymoy

I have a Tory brand free standing oscilating room fan and the motor has burnt out ,(stripped it and had a look) it seems a waste to sling it as it would be ok with a new motor.Has anybody seen replacement geared fan motors for sale anywhere in pattaya and if so where? thanks

Even if you could locate the motor I'd bet it would cost more than a brand new fan. They're going pretty cheap these days. I also have one Tory fan but I haven't seen them around for many years. It's all Hatari these days.

You can get a remote control Hatari for less than 2000 baht.

Edited by tropo

Even if you could locate the motor I'd bet it would cost more than a brand new fan. They're going pretty cheap these days. I also have one Tory fan but I haven't seen them around for many years. It's all Hatari these days.

I didn't realise they had remote control for fans now. It'll soon get to the stage where you can live your entire life without ever leaving the sofa.

No idea in Pattaya, where i live the next Village the man that sells and delivers Gas is also an Electrician, [he and his wife speak perfect English] have lots of fans, and if the motor goes he gets and replaces the motor........

Cost 200 baht, so a big saving on buying a new fan.......

Yes one of my Fans is a remote control Hatari, believe cost about 1,650 baht many years ago, about 2 years ago had the motor replaced on that one, still used every day.. Most of my 9 fans are over 9 years old.

I didn't realise they had remote control for fans now. It'll soon get to the stage where you can live your entire life without ever leaving the sofa.

I wouldn't be without them. Once you've gone there it's hard to go back.

Suggest Amorn (Tuk-Com basement).

Have previously bought a couple of replacement motors for 16 in Hitari floor standing fans at a cost of around 250 baht at the Rayong branch, so do not see why should not have in Pattaya. If do not have specifically for Tory then check fixing centres etc as they may be interchangeable.

Edit..spelling

Edited by ThaidDown

Suggest Amorn (Tuk-Com basement).

Have previously bought a couple of replacement motors for 16 in Hitari floor standing fans at a cost of around 250 baht at the Rayong branch, so do not see why should not have in Pattaya. If do not have specifically for Tory then check fixing centres etc as they may be interchangeable.

Edit..spelling

Yes, I’ve seen replacement motors at Amorn.

I used to have a Tory fan but after my electrician fixed it twice, I tossed it after its third demise. Now I only have Hatari fans, they seem to be a bit more reliable.

Not sure the name on the Fan makes any difference,,,,,,, out of all my fans, the Troy, Panasonic, Hatari 16" all have had a new Motor........... Only 3 have never had a new Motor the 24" Hatari and the 16" Imarflex, un-named ceiling fan in the Kitchen......... as said before all my fans are 9 years old.

About every 8 - 10 weeks some start to make a noise or motor will not start, I take the motor out, pull out all the hair, use 'Singer' Machine oil on the bearings and off they run again, but then I do have 6 long haired dogs